Author Topic: Mystery Yoda  (Read 2644 times)

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
Mystery Yoda
« on: July 1, 2003, 09:00 AM »
 I received a few yodas in the mail a few weeks ago and just recently began to take a closer look. I have one in the bunch that stands out from the rest.  Here are the details of the fig. Pics will hopefully follow in the next week.

Anyway first is the color. Of the three colors of yoda light green pea green and dark green I would put this one between the pea and the dark. The body is also slightly more brown than the others. Here is the odd parts. First the feet are much more detailed. The toes and the pants are similar to the common ones but there is added detail.

Next the molded on belt details are differnt. A normal yoda has the belt ends veeing away from each other. This one has them straight down and touching. Also there is more rope detail. The segments are smaller.

Finally the copywrite info is very differnt. First the copywrite circle is elongated and not clear. There is a 1980 LFL but no country of manufacture.

This Yoda apears more crisp and a better design than most versions. It is differnt when compared to all the others in my collection. Do anyof you have any info on a fig like this?

Please add any thoughts? Again I hope to have pics up soon. I don't have a scanner or digital camera so I am going to take some pics and have them loaded on a Cd. Hopefully they will show the details.
Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Mystery Yoda
« Reply #1 on: July 1, 2003, 09:45 AM »
Inertesting. I only have 2 Yoda's. The light & dark version.

I checked them both & they have the copyright & manufacture.

Will be interesting to see pictures of this when you have them.

RS member kimzoll has a few variations on Yoda. It maybe one of them but I am unsure at this time. You can have a look at his collection here:
Yoda variations

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 1, 2003, 10:07 AM »
Thanks Dale. I was talking with Thomas and he pointed out a link to the Hungarian yoda. In KimZolls collection mine is colored very similar to the Hungarian with respects to the head color. Mine does not have the hungarian pig nose or the differnt colored limbs though. Just the casting color of the head is similar. kind of like crossing the dark version and the hungarian.  this on so far has me drawing a blank. the back of the fig is really throwing me off as well as the more detailed sculpts.

PS during my search i found a neat site for yoda lovers..

www.yodafans.homestead.com
« Last Edit: July 1, 2003, 10:13 AM by Reconsgt »

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 1, 2003, 10:25 AM »
Pic. not to clear but it will siffice as the color.

Notice the belt design. The color looks off in the pic as to in real life. In the pic it looks more like the regular DK green but when compared side by side it is differnt. Also notice the slightly deeper and more defined sculpts the neck area. The feet unfortuatly don't show but I will take some of those and the copywrite.

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 7, 2003, 12:36 PM »
Anyone have any ideas on this little guy?

Also the head is a flat tone with no gloss. Pics hopefully this week
« Last Edit: July 7, 2003, 12:37 PM by Reconsgt »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 7, 2003, 12:46 PM »
Wayne, I sent Kim Zoll an email. He's on vacation till the 14th so hopefully he can help out.

I do see the belt design. Weird!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2003, 09:55 AM »
Wayne, I received an email from Kim.

"I have not heard or noticed the rope variation he is mentioning but will check my own yodas asap".

As soon as I get an answer from him, I'll post it.  ;)

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2003, 11:17 AM »
thanks Dale.

I did have a friend take some pics last night so I am waiting for him to email me those so i can post more. The back and feet are even more interesting that the rope. I have seen the rope variation once on a painted hardcopy.

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2003, 09:07 AM »
here is alink to my photos. I am unsure how to put them here. Anyone care to help.

any way please copy and paste this adress

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/bc/wrobertsgb/lst?.dir=/star+wars

View at full page to see the details. The other pic is of my vintage landspeeders. The white one is a vintage firstshot and the mini is a hand painted prototype

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2003, 10:55 AM »
Well let's have a good old close up look at the detail on these Yoda's & of course the Landspeeder's.  ;)

I'll send them off to Kim so he can use the pic's as a reference to compare with his.
Love that firstshot Landspeeder.  8)

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2003, 11:00 AM »
Thanks for the pic help Dale. Hopefully we can figure out the story behind the odd Yoda

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2003, 10:50 AM »
Bump

Anyone , again the big issue is the copy write issue and teh more detailed sculpt

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2003, 10:49 PM »
I received a reply back from Kim. As follows:

Hi Dale, now Ive examined my yodas, it looks like the ones with robe-ends going away from each other are from Hong kong and the ones with parallel robe-ends have no country of origin. The ones with parallel robe-ends seems to be the yodas with either palegreen or dark green teint and the yodas with robe-ends going away from each other are normal green teint. IMO opinion its too suttle a difference to rate it a variant.
Sincerely,
Kim ZOll

Hope this helps you out a little more Wayne.  :)