Author Topic: Legacy Wave 10 - A New Hope  (Read 74864 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Legacy Wave 10 - A New Hope (Fall 2009)
« Reply #285 on: December 2, 2009, 01:37 AM »
The Evo Boba did get fixed, if you want a better color.  Not sure if I have an extra of the Evo with the emblem or not though, but I do have the fixed one in my collection for sure.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #286 on: December 10, 2009, 10:10 PM »
Well, it sounds like we've finally got some confirmation that there is absolutely NO variant scanning guard coming... at least not until 2011.  :(

** We were trying to get the second Imperial Scanning Crew Member into the EU wave, but we can confirm now that this will *not* happen since all production has been wrapped up for the red/white Legacy lineup and the factory was not able to get the Crewman in. At this point, he will not be produced in the Legacy line. He remains an important variant to bring out and we will be looking for ways to get him into the line, but at this point it will likely not be before 2011. He *will* eventually make it out, but we just need time to slot him in.

What a bummer.  The scanning box that was coming with the variant was waaaay better than the box on wheels we ended up getting.   :-\
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 10:11 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #287 on: December 10, 2009, 11:01 PM »
As long as he happens, and he's available easily for a fair price (IE: basic retail), fine then.  The whole cluster**** they seem to have with communication overseas is really becoming comical though.  It's a problem for sure, but it's become something they almost seem inept with.  That is pretty disappointing and disconcerting about the factories they're working with, if Hasbro can't seem to keep things in order.

What's the pure **** of it all is that the variant Hoth Rebel, and the variant Imperial Scanner Tech, are far superior army builders to the figures we actually have gotten.  That sucks like I cannot believe.  ::)  Not to mention the Hoth Rebel is the first actually decent Rebel army builder they've really done in the basic line (Honor Guard aside)...  It's just very disappointing to me.  The Scanner Tech's equally disappointing to me as well though, as I really like that figure (even without a removable cap).
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #288 on: December 10, 2009, 11:11 PM »
I am pretty sure now that this will be the same fate as a non ****** up eyes Kal Fas...the chances of that changing is about as good as the other plans they had

I'd also really like to see the source material where they actually showed ****** up eyes like they made...this picture of Sai'torr was about as close as I could find

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #289 on: December 10, 2009, 11:23 PM »
Perhaps the eye issue is a miscommunication where they intended black with a gold fleck in the center, and the factory got it backwards?  The gold in the center then intended to be a "reflection" similar to some other deco details they've tried?

Disappointed regardless on that too.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: December 11, 2009, 01:31 AM »
The whole cluster**** they seem to have with communication overseas is really becoming comical though.

Statement of the year JJ.  No doubt.

Anybody still have those old pics of monkeys running Hasbro?

« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 01:34 AM by JesseVader08 »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: December 11, 2009, 02:13 AM »
The whole cluster**** they seem to have with communication overseas is really becoming comical though.

Statement of the year JJ.  No doubt.

^ cosign.

It's just such a silly straw man - "It's not us, it's the factory."

I'm going to start blaming all of my problems on it too I think.

::power goes out at Dressel's house halfway through watching a Twilight Netflix::

Dressel's wife:  "What the hell?  Did you pay the electric bill?"

Dressel:  "Ugghghhhghghgh!!!  Why can't the Hasbro Factory ever pay our bills on time!?!"
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #292 on: December 11, 2009, 02:45 AM »
Don't get me wrong, overseas communications are a problem and I've dealt with similar stuff in my day...  But I'm to the point, after this many goofs anyway, that you gotta hope they're looking at the factory and saying, "WTF guys?  Get it together or we're going to have problems dealing in the future.  This is a lot of gaffs in one year".  Or something along the lines of trying to make the factory be more cooperative. 

But, whatever...  I think I'm really more just disappointed that the best rebel army builder ever is basically not happening, as well as maybe the best Imperial army builder in at least the last year, because of this crap.   :-\

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 11, 2009, 09:07 AM »
Wow - so no variant Scanning Crew Trooper?!  >:(

I think if they have learned anything this year it's that if they intend on doing a "variant" they either need to NOT show us until the variant is slotted in OR in the cases like this Scanning Crew Trooper, they should have just packaged him with the spare head and then alternated the accessory.

At least that way, it would already be out - granted it would make the figure a complete pain in the butt to find, but at least we'd have it.

I don't know what I'm more disappointed about - the lack of the second crewman or the fact that out of the two accessories we got the weaker/more-lame one.  :-\
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 11, 2009, 09:08 AM »
Well, it sounds like we've finally got some confirmation that there is absolutely NO variant scanning guard coming... at least not until 2011.  :(

** We were trying to get the second Imperial Scanning Crew Member into the EU wave, but we can confirm now that this will *not* happen since all production has been wrapped up for the red/white Legacy lineup and the factory was not able to get the Crewman in. At this point, he will not be produced in the Legacy line. He remains an important variant to bring out and we will be looking for ways to get him into the line, but at this point it will likely not be before 2011. He *will* eventually make it out, but we just need time to slot him in.

What a bummer.  The scanning box that was coming with the variant was waaaay better than the box on wheels we ended up getting.   :-\

A real drag for me. I had planned to stop at 30 of the current variant, now I'll have to go a little further.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 11, 2009, 09:26 AM »
I don't know what I'm more disappointed about - the lack of the second crewman or the fact that out of the two accessories we got the weaker/more-lame one.  :-\

Is the REALLY a surprise to anyone? Did you honestly believe Hasbro was going to give us a huge box pack-in when they were already "giving" us the BaD part?

I'm not at all surprised it went down this way.

BTW, this is actually THREE Variants not to make it out in one year. Lest we forget the lowly 2nd Utai. Though that's more a second sculpt than variant, still, I think it counts.

I'm actually surprised we got the second Ugnaut.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 11, 2009, 09:45 AM »
At least 3 strikes from Hasbro in regards to the variants. Another with Kal Fas' eyes.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 11, 2009, 09:07 PM »
According to the latest Yakface Q&A, factory errors are also to blame for the McQuarrie box sets not having all of the accessories. ::)

You'd think this many major screw ups would result in someone being fired, but I guess not.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 11, 2009, 10:30 PM »
Hasbro dropped the ball big time with Kal Fas.  They knew exactly what his eyes were supposed to look like.  Heck, just look at the picture of him on the card.  How they managed to use the correct image of him while completely screwing up the figure is beyond me. 
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 11, 2009, 10:39 PM »
How they managed to use the correct image of him while completely screwing up the figure is beyond me. 

Oh, and add the correct lightsaber color to Agen Kolar as well in that list.