Author Topic: Legacy Wave 10 - A New Hope  (Read 75014 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: Legacy Wave 10 - A New Hope (Fall 2009)
« Reply #90 on: July 22, 2009, 09:50 PM »
Notice the Scanning Crew member uses most of the parts from the Scramble at Yavin Rebel Tech. That was smart, this is very welcome and I dig the Chewie! I am not digging the Han Headsculpt.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 22, 2009, 10:18 PM »
I didn't even notice the headset at first, thanks Jeff, that does look pretty cool - and a nice new take on Chewie to get him out there again.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 23, 2009, 12:17 AM »

Hrchek Kal Fas!

I love me some Cantina aliens.  8)

(pic from JTA)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #93 on: July 23, 2009, 12:19 AM »
He's a cool looking figure, despite the bowling ball grip left hand. I did also notice that the new Jawa has soft goods. I like that.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #94 on: July 23, 2009, 03:41 AM »
A notice to basically anywhere I'll be that has this wave, but I plan on buying any Scanning tech I see...  ever.

I am hopeful the hat is removable, as Hasbro's truly made that a feature I enjoy on all figures.  However, I maybe would give them a pass on this one (yes, I said it) for simply making the kick ass, rockin', incredible, removable lid scanner box!  And all that other crap.

This is the army builder to break the bank for me though, as far as the future waves go.  I can't think of a figure on my horizon right now that I would want more of.  That is AMAZING, and I can't wait till a good image of him surfaces with his gear and stuff.  I am curious if everything's molded into the box or if it's removable.  The hat issue, etc.

I just cannot wait to see more...

I like the rest of the wave as well.  Chewie compliments Han from 30AC line quite well, the DSE Han is "odd", but different enough I'll buy just for the removable ST armor (I dig having it, as I dig having Clone Armor like that too), I like the Jawa and Droid...

Who are the BAD's here?  Is one R2-D2, and why?  I love the Cantina chick and Hr'Chek as well.  Saurins are cool, and I'm sure his buddy is coming too some day.  Concept Mundi is welcome too, for the uniqueness of the design.

I'm excited for this wave, probably most of all.  ESB and ROTJ though, really are nice also.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #95 on: July 23, 2009, 04:09 AM »
A notice to basically anywhere I'll be that has this wave, but I plan on buying any Scanning tech I see...  ever.

I am hopeful the hat is removable, as Hasbro's truly made that a feature I enjoy on all figures.  However, I maybe would give them a pass on this one (yes, I said it) for simply making the kick ass, rockin', incredible, removable lid scanner box!  And all that other crap.

This is the army builder to break the bank for me though, as far as the future waves go.  I can't think of a figure on my horizon right now that I would want more of.  That is AMAZING, and I can't wait till a good image of him surfaces with his gear and stuff.  I am curious if everything's molded into the box or if it's removable.  The hat issue, etc.

I just cannot wait to see more...

I like the rest of the wave as well.  Chewie compliments Han from 30AC line quite well, the DSE Han is "odd", but different enough I'll buy just for the removable ST armor (I dig having it, as I dig having Clone Armor like that too), I like the Jawa and Droid...

Who are the BAD's here?  Is one R2-D2, and why?  I love the Cantina chick and Hr'Chek as well.  Saurins are cool, and I'm sure his buddy is coming too some day.  Concept Mundi is welcome too, for the uniqueness of the design.

I'm excited for this wave, probably most of all.  ESB and ROTJ though, really are nice also.

Those two droids in the center of the photo are the BADs.

I'm going to be picking up every single scanner trooper I can find as well. I really hope they eventually reuse this body to update the black tunic techs as well. From that factor money and availability are going to be really the only limiting factors on how many of these guys I buy. That scanning kit should work really nicely as a cargo crate as well. Good stuff. :)

I'm having a hard time deciding if I like this wave or the Empire wave more. Come to think of it, I guess I'd have to throw the ROTJ wave in the mix too. This has been a really nice Comic-Con so far. I'm glad to see so much OT in the basic line-up.
"This is the way."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #96 on: July 23, 2009, 04:37 AM »
So then what's R2-D2 there?  I can't tell what makes him special, I guess, unless he's just using the nice newer sculpts (IE: Not the VOTC one).
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #97 on: July 23, 2009, 04:52 AM »
I think he is just the one stinker in the wave. Maybe some Jawa attack version, on the VOTC mold with a dirty paintjob.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 04:53 AM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 23, 2009, 04:58 AM »
I think he is just the one stinker in the wave. Maybe some Jawa attack version, on the VOTC mold with a dirty paintjob.

That's exactly the way I read that R2.  It's from the scene where the Jawa's hit him with the Ion blaster and disable him.  It's an attempt at a new take on a classic character.  Kids like R2, and Hasbro needs to boost sales of the Legacy line.

The same thing could totally be said about headset Chewbacca that's being said about R2-D2.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #99 on: July 23, 2009, 07:48 AM »
This is the army builder to break the bank for me though, as far as the future waves go.  I can't think of a figure on my horizon right now that I would want more of.  That is AMAZING, and I can't wait till a good image of him surfaces with his gear and stuff.  I am curious if everything's molded into the box or if it's removable.  The hat issue, etc.

Here is a great shot from GH of his gear. And another.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 08:01 AM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 23, 2009, 10:54 AM »
This is the army builder to break the bank for me though, as far as the future waves go.  I can't think of a figure on my horizon right now that I would want more of. 

Just wait until the day they release the uber-cool Fleet Trooper.  ;)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 23, 2009, 11:40 AM »
That Scanning Crew guy is probably the coolest surprise so far. It looks gorgeous and I'll definitely be buying at least ten. :o  ;D
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 23, 2009, 11:43 AM »
Here is a great shot from GH of his gear. And another.

Put me down for a dozen scanning techs.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #103 on: July 23, 2009, 11:51 AM »
Hrchek looks very muppety.....love the body not sure about the head sculpt. Not sure how I feel about it I like yet I don't. Welcome non the less.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 23, 2009, 12:14 PM »
Kal Fas looks cool, but I think the lack of a neck kind of throws me off on him. He really seems like a head sitting flat on the shoulders. Definitely pumped to get him though. Bit of a shame that theres no cool assesories coming with them though, especially the girl, she's so tiny, one of those tables would have increased her value a bit more.