Author Topic: Legacy Wave 10 - A New Hope  (Read 75579 times)

Offline jono

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Wave 10 - A New Hope (Fall 2009)
« Reply #240 on: November 6, 2009, 06:10 AM »
Got Han,Chewie,Jawa,Leesub and Kal Fas with wrong eyes - not accurate but still a damn fine figure- scale looks to have been translated rather well. Head sculpt is grade A.

Leesub is great ,very pettite but such an unusual colour -goes great in any diarama or line up of scum and villany you might be planning.

Han -actually like the face sculpt -but the chest of solo's vest look likes it covered in Dia Noga poo.(Must have missed that scene).

Still by and large great work Hasbro :)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 6, 2009, 09:35 AM »
I opened my Scanning Trooper. Wow, just wow. Even better in hand. I could buy every one I come across and still not have enough for what I'd like to do with this figure. I need two squads of nine minimum to fill in gaps in my re-structured battalion, I could easily paint more black to make better Jr. officers and add helmets to even more to make really nice At-St drivers, though the rumor is we'll be getting an upgrade in '10. I suppose that would be 111 in all if I had 3 platoons of 37 each - un-altered, black outfit, At-St driver. In the end, I'll just probably do 5 each of the black outfits and At-St drivers and just use them as Squad leaders and Platoon XO's. Love this figure.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 6, 2009, 12:09 PM »
I opened this wave this week, and was pretty happy with it overall as well.  I can definitely see Scott's point that with just a few changes/better choices, it could have definitely helped.

Scanning Trooper - One of the brightest spots obviously, and a pretty nice army builder.

Han Solo - I'm always up for a new take on Han, but I would have almost rather just had a repacked VOTC Han (maybe adding the belt on).  I noticed the arm/shirt paint differences right away as well.  The new head sculpt for some reason reminds me of "big head" Han from the vintage line - which I guess is neat, but I prefer the previous VOTC version, and would still like to see it re-released.

Chewbacca - As others have said, nice way to put a good Chewie out there again - with something different.

Kal Fas - A cool Cantina alien, to be sure.  The eyes are a bit annoying, but otherwise a nifty figure.  I sort of doubt we get the correction as well.

Leesub - Always nice to get more Cantina denizens, but it did seem like an odd choice.  I hadn't ever seen/heard of this one before this either.

R2-D2 - A slight improvement over the chrome domed version we've been getting constantly, but I'd rather we got a regular carded release of the repainted R4 (that is supposed to be coming in the Resurgence BP).

Jawa - Nice change on the Jawa, and sort of like the vintage "cloth cape" version in a way.  I'm glad that we've been seeing a good amount of Jawas in the past few years, and all a bit different.  The pack in droid is nifty too, I've bought a few of these.

Concept Ki Adi Mundi - As others have said, a nice enough figure although oddly placed.  It would have been better with the ROTS wave.  Again, pretty nicely done, but I guess the prequel concepts just don't seem as "cool" as the OT ones to me.  If you see a lot of the McQuarrie figures, and even the new concept OT figures this year, they sort of scream old school "Sci Fi", where the prequel ones sort of remind me of something you would see in an EU comic.

Overall, I'm just happy to see more OT-based waves lately, and I'm pretty happy with the figure lineup.  Some figures could have been better probably (or maybe just better choices), but not too bad overall.  The lack of some figures (Bom Vimdin, etc.) kind of stinks, since I believe Hasbro said there is no ANH wave next year - so it will be a bit of a wait.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 9, 2009, 01:04 PM »
I think this wave is okay, I wouldn't mind if I only got one or two figures and then moved on.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #244 on: November 13, 2009, 03:54 PM »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 13, 2009, 04:06 PM »
Worst. Disguise. Ever.

I don't have my Han yet, but maybe I should go back to carded collecting? 

That's just lame..
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #246 on: November 13, 2009, 04:11 PM »
Worst. Disguise. Ever.

Nah, just display him without.

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 13, 2009, 04:17 PM »
Worst. Disguise. Ever.

Nah, just display him without.

I don't recall Dudley Moore playing Han Solo in any of the films....

Apologies for anyone who already made that joke.

I'm torn because I like the droid from this wave, but that figure is terrible.  How come they didn't just reuse the Han Head and Helmet from the Stormie Han comic pack?
I am not the Stig

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 13, 2009, 05:14 PM »
I don't recall Dudley Moore playing Han Solo in any of the films....

Apologies for anyone who already made that joke.

I'm torn because I like the droid from this wave, but that figure is terrible.  How come they didn't just reuse the Han Head and Helmet from the Stormie Han comic pack?

I don't recall Dudley Moore ever looking that drunk.  And that's saying something.  What a seriously awful figure.

On the bright side, I nabbed two Jawas at WM this morning, so I'm finally done with this wave!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 13, 2009, 06:56 PM »
I've read that the Han Solo from this wave is already (while in the packaging) showing up with the greenish slime. That's terrible.  :(
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 14, 2009, 10:37 AM »
I've read that the Han Solo from this wave is already (while in the packaging) showing up with the greenish slime. That's terrible.  :(

I don't know about slime, but it is already showing up with dust on it.  What a pathetic figure - I'm really bothered that I bought two of these.  I guess with all the great stuff HAsbro has been releasing they were due for a dud.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #251 on: November 14, 2009, 11:28 AM »
I get what Hasbro was trying with Han, but ultimately his head is way too big and the mis-colored arms/shirt makes it sort of lame if you try to display without the armor.

I've got mine displayed wearing the torso armor, but holding the giant helmet.  He looks ok that way, but not my favorite Han figure by a long shot.   :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #252 on: November 14, 2009, 12:12 PM »
It does look better if you switch the new head and helmet for the head and helmet from the TLC BD31/LC BD02 Han in Stormtrooper. I'll probably get another of these new one though and just correct the shirt & sleeves myself.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 12:17 PM by Jayson »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #253 on: November 14, 2009, 04:03 PM »
Han's the only one I saw in the wild and he was a repack due to the droid part he had, so I passed on him, but yeah just looking at him makes me sorta queezy about even spending money on him.  I think if I can track down a repack in the wave with that part, I will.

The head's incredibly wrong looking (like a kid I went to school with that had a head like a Mardis Gras paper mache one), and just so much about it is off.  $8's too much to spend on junk these days, so I'll hope his part's repacked with one of the army builders or something.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 14, 2009, 04:07 PM »
I wish that Hasbro just didn't include the Han Solo in general.  :( Yeah, he's iconic, but this figure is a downer. And to me the ANH wave is very dull. Hasbro's running out of major characters from ANH to make.  :o