Author Topic: Legacy Wave 10 - A New Hope  (Read 75301 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: Legacy Wave 10 - A New Hope (Fall 2009)
« Reply #255 on: November 14, 2009, 04:19 PM »
$8's too much to spend on junk these days, so I'll hope his part's repacked with one of the army builders or something.

Sadly, the BAD part (R3-A2's body) is repacked with the Boba Fett (BD36). But if it's any consolation, the Fett is painted differently from the Evo version so take that for what it's worth.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #256 on: November 14, 2009, 05:20 PM »
I think I'd rather have the extra Fett, honestly.  I gotta break habit of buying just to buy, and Han's a good start I'm afraid.  God forbid they ever use that headsculpt again.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 14, 2009, 08:05 PM »
Spotted remnants of this wave at WM today... everything but the Concept Ki-Adi. Multiple Scanner Troopers that made me almost lose control and immediately take them to the checkout. Passed on everything for now but I'm going to snag the Jawa and a few Scanners tomorrow. Passing on Lil Bossk until the corrected version comes out. Han is awful, and I'd consider him to be the worst figure made since the Naboo trooper from 2006.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 08:08 PM by Diddly »
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 14, 2009, 10:19 PM »
Spotted remnants of this wave at WM today... everything but the Concept Ki-Adi. Multiple Scanner Troopers that made me almost lose control and immediately take them to the checkout. Passed on everything for now but I'm going to snag the Jawa and a few Scanners tomorrow. Passing on Lil Bossk until the corrected version comes out. Han is awful, and I'd consider him to be the worst figure made since the Naboo trooper from 2006.

You are in a wonderful situation if you can both pass on the Scan Trooper and Jawa today out of self control AND go back to the same store and expect to find them tomorrow.  Those two figs dissapear faster than free food at a sorority house.  I've spotted Jawa only once and still have not seen the ST in the wild. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 14, 2009, 11:53 PM »
God forbid they ever use that headsculpt again.

Yes.  He looks better WITH the Stormie helmet on, permanently.....
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #260 on: November 15, 2009, 12:04 AM »
Even then...  He's still rough.  I just don't get the figure I guess.  It was a new take, but not a great one.

I'll take a new Han with the Trooper Belt on for a DSE look, or LUke for that matter, but the Han...  That's a weak figure.  And the arms aren't the right color for the shirt, right? 

Eh, I'll nab that Fett and be happy, if he's even available.  At this stage this wave's rough to find locally.  I'm not so sure anyone's seen it yet actually.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 15, 2009, 02:23 AM »
I have been able to score all of the waves up to and including the ROTS wave and I have to say that I think the ANH wave is the weakest out of the first six waves planned for the 2009/2010 Legacy Collection.

The Han, Chewie and R2 figures should have been dropped in favor of updated versions of Tarkin, Uncle Owen, Ponda Baba, Dr. Evazan, Aunt Beru or heck throw in Fixer and Cammie - ANY of these would have been preferrable to the three figures we did get.

The cantina patrons are nice, can't say I was ever like "damn, I really hope they make Leesub Sirln" - but she fits nicely in my cantina diorama so I'm okay with getting her as a figure. Would have personally preferred Bom Vimdin, but oh well, maybe one day.

The BADs are okay - the clear dome on this R3 (as opposed to the more cloudy dome of the R3 from the ROTJ wave) is nice, but the R4 is nothing special.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 15, 2009, 01:36 PM »
Eh, I'll nab that Fett and be happy, if he's even available.  At this stage this wave's rough to find locally.  I'm not so sure anyone's seen it yet actually.

Yep, I'm passing on Solo and getting Fett.  :P
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #263 on: November 15, 2009, 10:38 PM »
Yeah...Han is a bust. He went right into "the box"...

My figures usually get put on display shlelves for a while, but every now and then, one sucks so bad, it immediatly gets packed away...
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 15, 2009, 11:21 PM »

You are in a wonderful situation if you can both pass on the Scan Trooper and Jawa today out of self control AND go back to the same store and expect to find them tomorrow.  Those two figs dissapear faster than free food at a sorority house.  I've spotted Jawa only once and still have not seen the ST in the wild. 

Went back today and the Jawa was gone... but a Concept Ki-Adi that wasn't there yesterday was hanging on the pegs instead... odd. Anyway, I snagged him and two Scanning Troopers. The Trooper is awesome, another notch in the Great Army Builder belt of 2009.

I just hate how I'm about 3 waves behind now. I've seen remnants from all of the new cardback waves but I haven't been able to complete everything.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #265 on: November 15, 2009, 11:39 PM »
You're one up on me then since I've not even seen repacks from the ANH wave yet.  Soon though, I'm hoping.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #266 on: November 15, 2009, 11:54 PM »
The Scan Trooper accepts the AT-ST helmet rather nicely...which is why the AT-ST Pilot is a no brainer for coming out next year

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #267 on: November 16, 2009, 12:06 AM »
Over the hat?  ???

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #268 on: November 16, 2009, 12:34 AM »
Yeppers
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 12:38 AM by Scott »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #269 on: November 16, 2009, 02:28 AM »
Now that's weird.

I've got my lone scanner dude working on a knee joint on an AT-ST.  He may need to borrow a brain bucket here though.  I wonder if that's how Hasbro would market him?  I'm much more a  fan of removable hats/helmets, but I'm surprised the new helmet that's never fit the heads it's been matched with, actually fits a figure wearing a full hat.

I'm hoping for a removable helmet, removable goggles, and the works on a future AT-ST driver, but that's a good hold-over till then.