Author Topic: Legacy Wave 11 - Revenge of the Sith  (Read 54008 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Wave 11 - Revenge of the Sith (Fall 2009)
« Reply #165 on: December 15, 2009, 09:57 PM »
Found my first few figures from this wave today, or so I thought. Seems a crafty person replaced the Plo Koon and Agen Kolar with the ROTS versions of the figures. I went and hid them in some random part of the store so hopefully nobody will find them. Oh, I also saw Colton and the Utai but passed.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 17, 2009, 12:09 AM »
Found my first few figures from this wave today, or so I thought. Seems a crafty person replaced the Plo Koon and Agen Kolar with the ROTS versions of the figures.

Wooow, who's lame and cheapo enough to swap them?! C'mon! This is supposed to be a fun hobby!
And sorry to you, Diddly, for having to be disappointed in discovering they were swaps. I know I would have been tripping up.  :(
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #167 on: December 17, 2009, 09:44 AM »
I found these two weeks ago, but the BAD parts had been pulled from all six figures.  Couldn't believe it.   Found them again, all intact.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #168 on: December 23, 2009, 01:42 PM »
Wow...I'd never heard of the build-a-droid figure from this wave, so I googled it. As I'm sure you all know, it's a Yuzhan Vong "hunter" droid. Wow...as if the Vong weren't already the most un-original thing to hit Star Wars, we now have blatant Terminator rip-offs. I mean, that thing is a Terminator...with extremely minimal alterations. Very disappointing...
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #169 on: December 23, 2009, 02:07 PM »
But they were built by Lando.   :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 23, 2009, 02:19 PM »
And since you clearly have read the books you know all about how dumb they are  ;)
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #171 on: December 23, 2009, 03:16 PM »
Wow...I'd never heard of the build-a-droid figure from this wave, so I googled it. As I'm sure you all know, it's a Yuzhan Vong "hunter" droid. Wow...as if the Vong weren't already the most un-original thing to hit Star Wars, we now have blatant Terminator rip-offs. I mean, that thing is a Terminator...with extremely minimal alterations. Very disappointing...

It's TALLER::)

:-*
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 23, 2009, 04:00 PM »
I found these two weeks ago, but the BAD parts had been pulled from all six figures.  Couldn't believe it.   Found them again, all intact.

I can.  There's a little cottage industry on eBay that's propogated by these thieves.  They rip off the BAD parts and sell the droid complete online.  And whoever finds the actual figure at retail sans BAD parts is just SOL.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #173 on: December 23, 2009, 05:29 PM »

I can.  There's a little cottage industry on eBay that's propogated by these thieves.  They rip off the BAD parts and sell the droid complete online.  And whoever finds the actual figure at retail sans BAD parts is just SOL.

I would gladly take those without the crappiest BAD of all time!
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #174 on: December 23, 2009, 07:58 PM »
This was one of the only BAD's I wasn't compelled to want a 2nd of.  I built 2nds of a number of droids, sometimes even 3rds, but this one I lamented getting stuck with any extra part of him. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 25, 2009, 12:26 AM »
This was one of the only BAD's I wasn't compelled to want a 2nd of.  I built 2nds of a number of droids, sometimes even 3rds, but this one I lamented getting stuck with any extra part of him. :)

I too have been building 2nd (and in two instances so far 3rds) of the B-A-Ds and I already have two of this droid built and if I could easily score the remaining four parts I'd need to have a third, I'd gladly do it. But I'm not inclined to re-buy four figures just to get the parts. If they put this figure out in the Legends line fully built, then I'd gladly grab a few more.

I guess I'm a tad bit forgiving when it comes to this addition to the Star Wars Expanded Universe - but they do look A LOT like Terminator Endoskeletons. The funny thing is that I'd take this B-A-D anyday over the endoskeleton crap that Playmates produced for the latest Terminator movie - I had originally planned on picking up a couple of them, but after I saw them, it was an easy pass.

For me, the part I really don't understand is that these were built to throw the Yuzhan Vong off in battle since they supposedly looked like droid version of Vong warriors. However, I now have a couple Vong warriors and I gotta say that this droid looks nothing like the Vong that Hasbro gave us in the Comic pack. Am I missing something? Admittedly, I haven't read any of the NJO books, so perhaps I am definitely missing something.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 25, 2009, 12:49 AM »
I can't wait until they make the companion Build-A-Sarah-Connor figure.   
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Wave 11 - Revenge of the Sith
« Reply #177 on: January 3, 2010, 12:17 AM »
With the new BOGO packs covering the TPM and ROTJ waves plus Saga Legends, it's a wonder if the BOGO sets will spread over to the ROTS wave ... maybe even the ESB wave? EU wave? Clone Wars line?
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #178 on: January 16, 2010, 06:24 PM »
I picked up a few of these figures todau:

-Eeth Koth
-Plo Koon
-Utai
-Jeremy Colton

Ok figures....I'd really like to find the Cody and I'd get the IG-88 to finish the B-A-D.

BTW....if anyone has an extra left arm and right leg for the droid I'd be happy to take them off your hands.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 17, 2010, 01:45 AM »
All I've seen in person of this wave so far has been Mr. Utai... was disappointed that any of the others weren't around.  :(