Author Topic: Target Geonosis Arena 2-Packs  (Read 63225 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: New Jedi prototypes.
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2009, 06:15 PM »
I'm thinking the one ponytail/topknot Jedi is either of Cin Drallig or Joclad Danva (seen below)

"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2009, 06:20 PM »
The proto has way more hair than what you have there which makes me lean more heavily to Cin Drallig

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2009, 06:40 PM »
This image shows Joclad Danva with more hair

And if the theme of these figures is the Arena battle, the name would probably lean towards Danva.  He's one of the arena battle participants.  Cin Drallig is not.

As for the other Jedi?  The only image I can find of a similar arena battle Jedi is this one, and he isn't given a name.  At least not by Wookieepedia.

Feedback

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2009, 07:58 PM »
Kit Fisto

The more I look at that sculpt, the more I love it! I can't wait to see the final product, I hope the paintjob is as spot-on as the sculpt. :D

EDIT: Oh, and the younglings picture isn't showing up on my computer. ???
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 07:58 PM by David »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2009, 11:16 PM »
The one prototype with sort of a see-through head looks like it could be a Cin Dralig?  Not sure of course.  I am kind of happy we are getting the younglings.  I want the kid that actually talks to Anakin before getting eliminated.  I am always a sucker for anything Kit Fisto related.  I am actually happy for that one.  Of course arena Jedi would be nice.  I guess we find out for sure at Toy Fare? 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2009, 01:48 AM »
Fantastic set of prototypes and stuff...  I agree, this is looking more and more like a Jedi army building type deal for the 2-pack theme next year.  Will they come with Younglings as their pack-in?  Or perhaps battledroids instead?

Good looking figures too...  Lots of articulation, and humans are a damn cool thing to see instead of the normal alien variety.

The same seller has other things pictured (Jawa w/Droid, Obi-Wan, etc.) and all look fantastic.  I see Medical Frigate Luke also uses the VOTC Luke body with new lower body...  That's cool that he's gonna be super duper articulated and actually poseable.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2009, 09:17 AM »
The figures look great. Too bad I don't know who most of them are.  :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Target Geonosis Arena 2-Packs
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2009, 06:57 PM »
No thread for this yet that I saw...

So, basically all those (or at least many of those) prototype Jedi we saw earlier in the year are going to be part of a Geonosis Arena 2-pack dealie...  The packaging is described as "cool", so that's interesting.  Will it be useful?  One can hope.

I'm digging that we get an SA Colman Trebor with Jango Fett, but I'm really hoping Jango's coloring is tweaked just a bit so he's different from the Evolutions Jango.  I know I'm not the only one who was disappointed in the Evolutions figures deco...  I also would dig if they maybe gave him a new helmet with a movable range finder.  That'd be just nifty, but unlikely.

The other set pictured from Toy Fair was Kit Fisto and Geonosian Warrior...  Kit looks different enough to warrant a buy, the cool force-push hand rocks, and the Geo Warrior is worth army building as Sun Fac was a damn fine figure despite only having ankle joints (I bought a ton to army build but I'll take more in a different deco for sure).

And it mentioned 6 sets in the series...  We saw protos around the same time of Cin Drallig and a couple other Jedi, so one could guess they're maybe in this series.  I wonder where those Youngling prototypes fit into the mix though?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Re: Target Geonosis Arena 2-Packs
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2009, 07:32 PM »
What no Fleet Trooper for Jesse?!?!?

Another set that the only way I am getting it is if there are new Jedi - Otherwise it is an easy set for me to pass on.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2009, 09:34 PM »
Our Target spies have passed along a few new details about the upcoming Target Geonosis 2-Packs:

To refresh your memory, these two sets were confirmed by Hasbro at Toy Fair:
- Coleman Trebor & Jango Fett
- Kit Fisto & Geonosian Warrior

And the new rumor list for the last 4 sets...
- Yoda & Droideka
- Mace Windu & 'Droid' (Battle Droid?)
- Joclad Danva & 'Droid' (?)
- Roth Del Masona & 'Droid' (Super Battle Droid?)
you know the drill:  rumors = unconfirmed until you hear from Hasbro officially, blah blah blah

The two "new" Jedi (Masona and Danva) definitely fit with the prototypes that we saw earlier in the thread.  Our source wasn't 100% clear on the Droids, but it definitely sounded like we'd be seeing droids of some type or another with the remaining four rumored sets.

It makes me wonder if these sets are where Hasbro will debut that new Battle Droid they've been hinting at in the Q&As?
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2009, 10:20 PM »
I'm really excited at the possibliity of the droids at least...  I also am really really excited to get new and somewhat more poseable versions of some Jedi, such as Colman  Trebor.  I'm curious how Windu will turn out since I liked the 30AC one, but he needed softgoods desperately (new head wouldn't hurt either, but I felt it was passable).

I'm actually quite excited to get these sets though, and if the droids turn out to be "superior" to anything we've got so far...  Well I'll wet my pants I think.  :-\

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2009, 11:01 PM »
It makes me wonder if these sets are where Hasbro will debut that new Battle Droid they've been hinting at in the Q&As?

I was actually thinking just that today.  They've pretty much confirmed the new Battle Droid in recent Q&A sessions.  It sounds like the fall basic figure lineup is more OT and EU oriented (barring the already revealed TPM wave).  These 2-packs would be a good vehicle for a new Battle Droid.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 11:01 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2009, 11:25 PM »
There's supposed to be a BD Commander from the Arena somewhere, too.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2009, 11:54 PM »
I'm really excited about these sets. They certainly sound like they have the potential to give us some awesome new stuff. :)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 11:54 PM by David »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2009, 12:46 AM »
There's supposed to be a BD Commander from the Arena somewhere, too.
   Good point Darb, OOM-9 was confirmed last year I believe (or even in 2007)