Author Topic: Target Geonosis Arena 2-Packs  (Read 63212 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Target Geonosis Arena 2-Packs
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2009, 01:08 AM »
I'm in for some new Jedis!

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2009, 10:04 AM »
Man this would be great for army builders...oh wait, Hasbro f'd it up and put in singular hero figures you don't need extras of...

I would have loved to have been able to buy a set that included any combination of Geonosian Warrior, Battle Droid, Super Battle Droid. Though I would have preferred specifically the Geo Warrior and BD over the Super BD.

Well, if anyone doesn't want their Geonosian warriors and Battle Droids (depending on the sculpt), let me know. I'm looking to build these up!
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2009, 10:20 AM »
Man this would be great for army builders...oh wait, Hasbro f'd it up and put in singular hero figures you don't need extras of...

Come on, Sal.  You've got to figure that some of those droids will eventually find their way into the Basic Figure line, or at least into Saga Legends.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2009, 10:31 AM »
Cool. Nice to get some more separatist troops, especially in these sets. I'm looking forward to them more than ever now.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2009, 11:10 AM »
I've always enjoyed these two packs, and I'm looking forward to these as well.  From the two we saw in the Toy Fair presentation, it looks as if they are including some pretty nice figures (and maybe some new/new-ish ones) so that makes them more worthwhile.  I hope we see the new Battle Droid included in these, as it seems like we've gotten somewhat "ultimate" versions of both the SBD and Destroyer Droid that can be used as well.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2009, 04:17 PM »

Come on, Sal.  You've got to figure that some of those droids will eventually find their way into the Basic Figure line, or at least into Saga Legends.

True, however that means having to pay for them single carded... I'd rather pay $10-12 for 2 figures I want, if they came that way, then two single carded figs for $16+. If I have to buy those singly, I won't be army building them and Hasbro will have once again lost a few hundred on me.

See, if Hasbro made a red Battle Droid/Geonosian warrior set, I'd likely make an exception to my army building rule and get 40 sets. My rule for myself as of late has been no more than 5-6 of an army builder for new army building figs.

So there is a big swing in money for me and something I'd commit too again if done as a pack instead of single carded later for more money per unit.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2009, 04:48 PM »
I love these kinds of sets because all of those leftover Jedi make great custom fodder. I am looking forward to getting new Red Battle Droids and love the new Kit Fisto. The ROTS one looked like Ronald McDonald to me. Time to send that one to the chop shop........

Maybe the Mace will have a soft goods skirt so he can actually sit and take advantage of the leg articulation. The TAC version was nice but has several flaws. A new head sculpt would be welcomed too. SDCC cannot get here soon enough!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2009, 10:36 PM »
Maybe we'll see a new-ish Mace, since there really isn't an SA version of the AOTC Mace (actually different than ROTS).

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2009, 04:31 AM »
OK, Wal-Mart 2-packs aside...  We've got a gallery of almost all the Target Geonosis Arena 2-packs for your viewing pleasure! :)

Clicky the Jedi heads to check out the story on our front page!  :D

These are already shaping up to be some of my favorite 2-packs I think.  There are 4 great new or new-ish Jedi, the battledroid has me giddy... 

Right now it seems less likely we're going to get a better decoed Jango Fett though, unfortunately.  Things could be different, but I'm not counting on it.

The battledroid looks quite slick though.  No image of the Commander...  yet. ;)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2009, 05:53 AM »
Sweet  :), We can finally finish the Arena circle. Jedi are awesome, the new battle droid is sweet, geonosian is great. Great idea for the these sets. I have some questions

curious in where is OOM-9 ? is just the new BD with yellow paint ?
No clones in these sets ? good move ?

I would have instead of Yoda, I would have put evolutions AOTC Padme with Nexu battle paint in these sets.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2009, 06:07 AM »
Oom-9 just wasn't available...  yet.  If we get an image I'll slip him in there too, to update the story.  :)

Basically Oom-9 (battledroid commander) is the same figure though, with a different backpack and the yellow markings as appropriate.  Yakface posted some prototype images which I'd seen before myself, and so he's on the way just currently absent is all.  The Droideka and SBD don't appear to be much different sculpts or decoes, but they came with the other photos so I decided to post them.  I think there's a slight, slight chance that Jango Fett, and the Super Battledroid, are not the final figures for these two-packs, in terms of their decoration, but I am not sure on that.  I'm pretty positive this is what we're getting though.

I would've liked some heavier battle wear on the SBD and DRoideka maybe...

I like getting Yoda for the Cloak, but he's the least interesting of the Jedi for sure.  The cloak's nice though, for what it is.

I think that the sets are obviously highlighted by the newer items though.  Kit Fisto, Colman Trebor (who isn't an easy figure to find, actually), the two human Jedi other than Mace...  Mace is good custom fodder too, so I'm ok with him.  The battledroid is pretty outstanding.  I'm having a tough time telling if he's got some well hidden articulation at other points too, which is a possibility.  :-X

The other droids are nice sculpts of their respective figures, so I can't gripe.  I'd take more of that Droideka and SBD anyway.  The red droid though, and his commander, are going to be hot commodities this year I think.  I'm hoping Hasbro's wise enough to see to it that these make it to basic cards, hopefully in two-packs ala the last ones.  They'd finally get money off me for battledroids.  I didn't buy a single one of the Legends 2-packs that came out in 2007 though.  I thought those were attrocious.

Anyway though, I think I see ball/socket shoulders, knees, elbow, and possibly ankle articulation on the battledroid, as the highlights...  I'm really anxious to see one of these in person right now.  I've waited for good battledroids for a while, gobbling up boomer damage droids when I find them as they're about as good as there is right now.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 06:20 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2009, 06:31 AM »
Thanks Jesse, for the clear up.

The 2003 Coleman Trebor (which the new one is sweet), Still holds well today. 

Maybe the next super update we will for the AOTC Jedi will be Barriss Offee.  ;D

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2009, 09:48 AM »
Boy oh boy... I'm stoked about these sets! These may be my most anticipated items of the year. The battle droid looks awesome. Even the repaints/repacks (Mace, Yoda, SBD) don't dissappoint. The only figure that strikes me as a let down is Jango Fett, who seems even more purple than the multi-pack release. I'm planning for one of each set, plus army building all but the Jango/Coleman Trebor set. Anyone interested in extra Jedi, because I think I'm going to have a lot!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2009, 10:35 AM »
These are looking great. Best part for me is that there's only one set that looks like I'd want to army build - the Battle Droid set.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2009, 10:52 AM »
Very cool to finally see some finished paint jobs on the Jedi.  I'll definitely be picking up all six sets.  :)

there's only one set that looks like I'd want to army build - the Battle Droid set.

Hasbro said that the new BD sculpt there will definitely be carried forward - you can expect to see it again in many colors/deco in future box sets/cards/etc.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender