Woot! It's about time we get a SA battle droid. I still much prefer the EPI BD's over anything else that has been released thus far. Though this new sculpt looks to take the place of them. I'll be pre-ordering this set if I can, in high numbers.
Here's what I'm planning on buying from these sets if the breakdown is correct:
• 1X Yoda & Droidekka - Like Jesse, I'm really only getting this for the cloak The Droideka shown is the one I prefer of the ones released thus far, so I can easily absorb it into the collection.
• 2X Mace Windu & Battle Droid Commander - Again, like Jesse, Mace will make for good custom fodder and I want two red commander battle droids
• MANYX Kit Fisto & Geonosian Warrior - I've wanted to army build Geonosians for a long time but while the sculpt from the AOTC (Saga) era was great, the articulation was much less desireable. This sculpt I love. It will suck that I'll have that many extra Kit Fisto's though. If these sets sell for $10-12, then I'll be selling the Fisto's for cheap. I figure since a regular fig is $8, whatever the difference is form the two-pack is what I'll sell the Kit's for. So that could mean $2 or $4 for Kit.
• 2X Coleman Trebor & Jango Fett - Whew, glad we're getting a much needed upgrade on Trebor. I'll need the extra for my Jedi Council scene and I can always use an extra SA Jango somewhere.
• 1X Roth-Del Masona & Super Battle Droid - I've never been into the Super Battle Droids. If the lower legs were thicker or made of rigid plastic so they would stand up and not sag over time, then and only then would I consider building this up a little bit. Glad to have the Jedi.
• MANYX Joclad Danva & Battle Droid - As with Jesse, I plan on army building this set. I'll save a few of the Danva figs for customs, but like the extra Fisto's I'll have, Danva will be up for trade sale as well, using the same analogy as Fisto.
What I'd REALLY love to see is a Geonosis Seperatist Ultra Battle pack. Give me 3 SA Battle Droids, 2 Geonosians, 1 Super Battle Droid, 1 Droideka and 1 Battle Droid Commander and that would be an army builder's dream. Toss in 3-4 TALL stone columns for the arena and a nice cardboard diorama and this set would sell like hotcakes, IMO. That's 8 figures, mostly old molds. Sell this for $40-45. Fair price for mostly old molds.
I'm hoping for single carded Red Battle Droids and Geonosian Warriors though as I'd much rather buy those than have to spend the extra scratch on the 2-packs. But I'll get what I can of the 2-packs and deal with the extra Jedi as I get them.