Author Topic: Opinions on "Splinter of the Mind's Eye"?  (Read 3066 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Opinions on "Splinter of the Mind's Eye"?
« on: December 22, 2008, 04:29 PM »
Another book question, sorry.  Anyways, I know the "Splinter" is pretty well known because it was basically some of the first EU, and - at the time - was somewhat of a "sequel" of sorts to the original movie.  I have been aware of it since I was a kid I think, but have never read it, and thought about picking up the paperback.  It seems like reviews on Amazon vary pretty wildly, with some really liking it, and some thinking it really doesn't hold up now.  Anyways, just wondering if it was worth a read.

Offline Corman

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gimmie that New Figure Mojo
    • View Profile
Re: Opinions on "Splinter of the Mind's Eye"?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 08:18 PM »
I've only read the Dark Horse comic book adaption of Splinters of the Mind's Eye.  The story isn't to bad but the art work (by Chris Sprouse) is just fantastic.  If you are into comics at all, I really recommend it.

Corman
There is nothing to read all the way down here.  If I had something else to say, I'd a said it in my post.  You may proceed to the next post.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2008, 03:09 PM »
It's been a while since I read the book, but I think for the time is was written it was pretty good.  Compared to some trilogies like the Zahn series I don't think it holds up.  But if you read it keeping in mind when it was written, then I think you'll enjoy it.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2008, 09:12 AM »
I agree with IAS....it's a good story for its time, but it's not the best EU out there.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2008, 01:12 PM »
I've always like Alan Dean Foster's writing and I enjoyed Splinter way back when and recently re-read it.  It's too bad that it can only really be an "offshoot" EU story and doesn't really "fit" with the rest of the OT or EU.

"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"