Author Topic: Boba Fett Collection  (Read 114218 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Boba Fett Collection
« Reply #105 on: March 27, 2009, 02:06 PM »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 27, 2009, 02:12 PM »
Definitely NOT a box set.  ;)

LOL! Nothing like making the writer of that article at SW.com look like a numpty!  ;D

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 27, 2009, 02:31 PM »
Because this is probably a one time deal and the chance of a second series is not going to happen

What?  I'm saying why didn't they just say this is Series #12 and here are the 6 boba fett figs associated with series #12.  Just seems like that would make more sense if they are going to release this similar to a standard series of figures.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 27, 2009, 02:43 PM »
Nice work Jeff.  "Everyday attention"?  Pestering the folks at Medicom, someone is?  LOL.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #109 on: March 27, 2009, 02:49 PM »
Because this is probably a one time deal and the chance of a second series is not going to happen

What?  I'm saying why didn't they just say this is Series #12 and here are the 6 boba fett figs associated with series #12.  Just seems like that would make more sense if they are going to release this similar to a standard series of figures.
Because it is a one time deal and won't be an ongoing series

They have done the same thing in the past (most memorable to me is the Oscar and Elmo Kubricks)

« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 02:55 PM by Scott »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #110 on: March 27, 2009, 03:08 PM »
Oscar and Elmo are good examples.  Like Scott said, they were not Sesame Street Series 3 or 4 , they were just "Sesame Street Oscar" or "Sesame Street Elmo", but they were handled just like the previously two SS lines.

I think it's the same thing for Fett.  It got a standard Kubrick Series number (No.246), but it isn't called "Star Wars Series 11" because it's not technically SW Series 11 - it's just "Boba Fett Collection".

It may have been less confusing for folks if they had called it SW Series 11, but for whatever reason they chose to keep it separate as it's own thing.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 27, 2009, 05:41 PM »
Maybe "Series 12" will be a Droids series then  ;)

yeah, I know, Clone Wars would make way more sense.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline stewbacca

• Youngling
  • Has too much stuff
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 27, 2009, 05:49 PM »
I looked up a couple feedback links I could find on them and they appear legit.  It would be nice to have another cheaper option for these figures (boxes of 12 and MC's) other than BBTS in the US.  I've never seen Toy Tokyo or Ningyoushi stock these in anything larger than sets of 6.  I took a chance and pre-ordered boxes of 12 of both Series 10 and the BF Collection.  Fingers crossed...

Ive ordered from NCX twice-- both my cases came quick-- one had a Shakk TI , the other a Jar Jar.

I would recommend them-- although the last time I ordered a case was only 124.--- Damn Dollar
The one who dies with the most toys win.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 27, 2009, 09:59 PM »
Ive ordered from NCX twice-- both my cases came quick-- one had a Shakk TI , the other a Jar Jar.

I would recommend them-- although the last time I ordered a case was only 124.--- Damn Dollar

Good deal, thanks for the info.  As far as the price goes, Series 10 is only $127, so that's only a $3 increase over Series 9, which is actually not that bad.  For the BF Collection, I thought the initial price from Medicom was significantly higher than the Series 10 price, so I can understand why that's ringing up $30 more than Series 10.  Either way it's still significantly less than what BBTS is charging for their pre-order.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #114 on: March 28, 2009, 09:43 AM »
Ok so i took a chance and preordered from these new guys. Lets see how it goes.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 29, 2009, 04:31 PM »
I haven't ordered my own Kubricks in a while but I took a shot at this one and put in an order for the Boba Fett box as well.  Crossing my fingers...

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Outkast34

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 29, 2009, 08:52 PM »
I preordered from them as well

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 29, 2009, 09:32 PM »
Well, if they do end up having chases with this release, with this many JDer's pre-ordering from them, there's a good chance at least one of us will end up with a chase.  Thanks again for posting the info DSJ.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 19, 2009, 01:20 PM »
I just ordered a box of the Boba Fetts from NCSX in New York. I only want the single set, does anyone else want my duplicates?
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 10, 2009, 12:45 PM »
So I am Sith and I are sitting here at work (really we are working) debating whether or not there will be chases in this series.  So what do people think?  As best as we can tell there is no indication that we'll get chases.  However, when is the last time Medicom ever released a series that didn't have chases at all??  Thoughts?