Author Topic: Boba Fett Collection  (Read 114185 times)

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
Re: Boba Fett Collection
« Reply #195 on: June 26, 2009, 04:40 PM »
I was just checking ebay and the individual boxed figures and sets of 6 are starting to hit.  Seems like the prices are way up, but this may be only due to the fact that this is the first seller that I've seen list them ($100-$110 + shipping for sets of 6 and $30 BIN + shipping for individuals)...  No chases that I've seen yet
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #196 on: June 26, 2009, 05:14 PM »
Ratios from Instinctoy:

11:48 "Vintage Toy" Fett
10:48 "Black & White" Fett
08:48 "Droids" Fett
08:48 "Holiday Special" Fett
04:48 "McQuarrie/Johnston" Fett
04:48 "McQuarrie" Fett
02:48 "Prototype/Vintage Color" Fett {found in the "Black & White Toy" Fett box}
01:96 "L=Slot Prototype" Fett {found in the "Vintage Toy" Fett box}

He doesn't say anything on the J-Slot chase, but based on the fact that the L-Slot is 1:96 and the regular Vintage Toy version is 11:48, it stands to reason that J-Slot is also 1:96:

01:96 "J-Slot Rocket" Fett {found in the "Vintage Toy" Fett box}

So yeah...  both Rocket Fetts appear to be 1:96 ratio it looks like.  Poop.  :(
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 26, 2009, 05:41 PM »
Well, it was too much to hope that the better of the chases would be anything less than 1:96.  I still would love to get one or the other of the Rocket Fetts.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 26, 2009, 05:45 PM »
Thanks for the ratios Jeff.  I can't remember why I keep thinking the "common" chase should be 3/48.  I looked over the checklist and that number comes up only once, with 2/48 being the more common.  

Is there a HK/Japan split again with the 1/96 stuff?  

Man, I'm looking forward to seeing these in person.  Skipping series 10 has lengthened the drought considerably.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline SITHSPAWN

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 27, 2009, 12:52 AM »
I canceled the case I had on order, had to pay for other things.  I did win the carded Boba Fett Collection off e-bay for $155.46 shipped.  So, I at least got a what I wanted more out of the set so far.

Offline Symposium

• Jedi Initiate
  • I have Kubrickulosis™
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 27, 2009, 02:13 AM »
 :o :o

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Medicom-Star-wars-Boba-Fett-kubrick-1-Droids_W0QQitemZ350218745151QQ

*edit*

The original price was close to $2000 USD but they seem to have fixed it lol
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 04:09 AM by Symposium »
"Pixelated beings are we, not this crude matter!"

Offline StealthTank

• Youngling
  • "Kubrick Royalty"
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 27, 2009, 07:03 AM »
I just finished completing one full set of 9 figures by winning an unpainted rocket Fett on YJA for 19,500 Yen- which by the way I think is a steal for a 1/96 chase in this set.  I cannot believe how expensive this series was to complete.  These definitely aren't your father's Star Wars kubricks.  I would not be surprised to see prices for sets, unopened boxes, and chases to settle at over twice the cost of prices we've seen in the past.  Seriously, what a pain in the ass.

I was talking with another boardmember whom I hooked up with a basic set of 6 plus one chase yesterday and thought I'd relay my impressions of this whole fiasco here:

1.) First, for some reason Medicom more than doubled the wholesale price per box of 12 on this release.

2.) Second, Robby. jp (the wholesale company that most non-Japanese collectors used in the past) has gone out of business.  

3.) Next, though the Project 1/6 store (the Medicom flagship) still has scores of every figure from series 10 for sale, two of the six figures from the Fett collection were sold out in two days (Both Mcquarries 1/12 ratio).  The release seems to be very popular in Japan and overall feels really small compared to others in the past!  (Though the chases seem to be packed completely randomly in the Master Cases this time which is a nice change of pace.)

4.) And finally, the Yen is so strong versus the dollar right now- 95Y:1$ versus 114Y:1$ on the previous OT set releases (series1-7).

I paid over 15 US bucks per figure at the Parco show in Tokyo, and over 500 US bucks total to secure just 2 total regular sets, and 4 total chases (2 Vintage and 2 J-slot rockets).  And this was after I found out which character boxes had the chases!  For a complete set in the past, I could purchase two master cases (equal to 8 boxes of 12 figures) for around 500 bucks total (or 62 bucks per box of 12 after shipping) from Robby and have a complete set (including 2 of the 1/96 chases) with extra basic sets to spare to help recoup most of my cash.  Now it would cost me over 1200 bucks to do the same thing.

Unbelievable!  
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 09:00 AM by StealthTank »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 27, 2009, 10:38 AM »
Just quoting posts from the Recent Acquisitions thread so everyone can see this.

kenji over at RS posted this pic. The backpack is different, I am guessing that this is the rear of the "Prototype/Vintage Color" Fett with the green gun as we have seen the backs of the other Fett's.

Quite an interesting color scheme.

Weird. Where did this color scheme come from? I think for a little more variety, they should have had a chase use the Vintage 12" Fett color scheme.

I just took a pic of the backpack on my 12" vinty Fett.

I checked on is this at the archive:

Large Size Boba Fett with Firing Rockets and Electronics (from Kenner File Photography)

Conceptual Prototype of Highly Detailed 12

Might be more in the link below at the archive, gotta dig around more.

Unproduced Toys

Tho in that pic from kenji, the back of the helmet is blue.  ???

Instinctoye has a few pics up of a couple of the chases.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 10:40 AM by DSJ™ »

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #203 on: June 27, 2009, 11:11 AM »
In reviewing the prototype Fett costume pics from my Star Wars Chronicles, the back of the helmet is in fact a different color than the rest it so cheers to Medicom's attention to detail once again.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline GeneralVeers

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 27, 2009, 11:14 AM »
Cheers to Stealthtank for the set, its very much appreciated.  If anyone has (by some freak chance :o ??? ;D) any spare of either rocket (j slot) Fett chase they want to trade or sell could you give me a shout. ;)
I would be most greatful

(apologies if this is in the wrong area) :-\
The thing is, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 27, 2009, 11:23 AM »
In reviewing the prototype Fett costume pics from my Star Wars Chronicles, the back of the helmet is in fact a different color than the rest it so cheers to Medicom's attention to detail once again.

I don't have the Star Wars Chronicles, any chance of posting a pic from the book? Would be nice to figure out what this Fett is & give it a name.  :)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 27, 2009, 02:11 PM »
Got an email from my buddy in Japan that he has my box of 12 in hand now.  So I'll see them in a while, but for the sake of everyone else here, the price he paid for a delivered box of 12 is $144 USD after conversion.  He'll ship them fairly, so I'm probably looking at $160-165 total cost for my box of 12 making the NCSX price pretty palatable.  I'm getting my box as cheaply and directly as possible.  

As Scott mentioned above this series is quite a bit more expensive, as had been noted much earlier in the thread as well.  

EDIT: EMS shipping for the box is $21 so my total cost on this box will be $165.  Aside from living in Japan and picking up a box at a store, that's about as low as it gets, so the NCSX price looks pretty good.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 03:51 PM by Morgbug »
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #207 on: June 27, 2009, 06:49 PM »
Here are the photos from the SW Chronicles. As you can see, the chase Fett is based on the prototype of the costume, complete with the two tone, jaig eye helmet and the first design of the bantha skull emblem. Click to embiggen...

« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 07:09 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 27, 2009, 07:02 PM »
Well looky at that, that helmet is bang on as with the backpack! We have a winner, the " Prototype Costume Fett" chase. Thanks Jayson.  :)

cheers to Medicom's attention to detail once again.

Indeed. I wonder who does all the Kuby stuff, the main guy?   

Offline karamazov80

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 28, 2009, 01:56 AM »
I'm glad I'm not a completist, because if I was, a wave like this would make me seriously question what I was doing :)
Back off man, I'm a scientist.