Author Topic: Boba Fett Collection  (Read 114389 times)

Offline karamazov80

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Boba Fett Collection
« Reply #90 on: February 28, 2009, 11:16 AM »
I don't know if you guys have seen this, but the sets of six have been available for pre-order off of EBay for about $100 shipped to the U.S.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Medicom-STAR-WARS-BOBA-FETT-Kubrick-set-of-6_W0QQitemZ110357294055QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item110357294055&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50
Back off man, I'm a scientist.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 28, 2009, 11:20 AM »
Yep, it was noted a couple pages back in the thread.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 28, 2009, 05:11 PM »
I went ahead & preorded a box of 12 from HLJ, $148.34 US right now but that will change as the currencey fluchuates.

If there is any chase figures then the bay it will be.  :-\

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 2, 2009, 09:48 PM »
How about a McQuarrie Stormie and Snow trooper as chases or a Rebel Trooper?

CB
I Dream of Yumbos...

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #94 on: March 26, 2009, 07:06 AM »
StarWars.com has a featurette on this six pack and it sounds like it's indeed a 6-piece boxed set versus it being a 12 box case with possible chases.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline AndyG

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Outpost
« Reply #95 on: March 26, 2009, 10:58 AM »
Bah, I'm only after the vintage Kenner production Fett so hope that the reference to box set is something that has been lost in translation.

If it is a box set though, some of those pre-order prices are looking cheap..........

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #96 on: March 26, 2009, 11:04 AM »
Huh?  ???

If it's a box set of 6, then why does Medicom list an individual figure price (1344Y) on their site?  Usually, if it's a set of some kind, it says "5pc set" or "2pack" right in the listing.  If you look at the Medicom site, the other SW box sets all have "Xpc set" right in the title. 

- Special No.318 STAR WARS KUBRICK 5pcs SET
- Special No.317 STAR WARS KUBRICK JANGO FETT & BOBA FETT 2PACK
- Special No.298 STAR WARS KUBRICK SERIES 2 SET OF 6pcs. COLLECTORS EDITION
- No.246 STAR WARS BOBA FETT COLLECTION
- No.244 STAR WARS SERIES 10
- No.237 KUBRICK STAR WARS SERIES 9

Notice the Fett listing is just "No." and not "Special No." listed. The Fett listing has been assigned a regular Kubrick Serial number (246)?  Why do that if it's a box set?

Strange...  all the evidence points to "series", not "box set".  You would think the Official Site would know what they are talking about, but... do they this time?  :-\
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 11:13 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 26, 2009, 11:55 AM »
I'm leaning to "no" they don't know.  I say this because my buddy initially ordered me six pieces direct from Blister.  He later emailed me to say that 12 pieces, or one box, was the minimum order.  Time will tell, but I'm guessing someone isn't paying close attention.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 26, 2009, 11:56 AM »
I'm hoping that based off of the Medicom info and the pre-order info from both HLJ and BBTS that these are indeed a regular series release and there will be chases as well.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 26, 2009, 02:20 PM »
WTF... over?  ???

I sure would like to know who wrote that article up? Everyplace I see , this collection is sold in a box of 12 & a MC of 48 which puts it in the same boat as a regular series release. Like Jeff mentioned, Medicom lists the individual price for the Kuby's. 

Something I did find interesting tho on this site which I just happened opon, the National Console Support, Inc, this site is listing the ratios as well as in the blog.

According to the product solicitation from Medicom, the ratio of the figures in each factory case of 4 boxes (48 pieces total) will be as follows:

(1) Boba Fett (Mcquarrie) Ratio: 4/48
(2) Boba Fett (Holiday Special) Ratio: 8/48
(3) Boba Fett (Black & White) Ratio: 12/48
(4) Boba Fett (Droids) Ratio: 8/48
(5) Boba Fett (Vintage Toy) Ratio: 12/48
(6) Boba Fett (Mcquarrie Alternate) Ratio: 4/48

The ratio allocation means that every box of 12 Bobas will only contain one each of the Boba Fett (Mcquarrie) versions, two each of the Holiday and Droids variants, and so on. Preorders are welcome to ship in mid-late June 2009 at JPY15360 per factory box of 12 figures or US$165.90 from NCS.

It's a US based (New York) site that supplies customers around the world with the latest in Japanese video game software, hardware, and toys.

Clicky the About US linky for more info on the site. Jeff or anyone else, have you ever heard/delt with this place? 

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 26, 2009, 04:01 PM »
I looked up a couple feedback links I could find on them and they appear legit.  It would be nice to have another cheaper option for these figures (boxes of 12 and MC's) other than BBTS in the US.  I've never seen Toy Tokyo or Ningyoushi stock these in anything larger than sets of 6.  I took a chance and pre-ordered boxes of 12 of both Series 10 and the BF Collection.  Fingers crossed...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 26, 2009, 04:39 PM »
Hopefully NCSX comes through. Like you mentioned another place in the US that can distribute for a bit cheaper would be nice. $166.00 for the BF & $126.00 for Series 10 is not bad from the other prices we have seen. Keep us posted.  :)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 26, 2009, 11:08 PM »
Here's hoping it really is a box set of 6 or evenly packed 2x per box.  It would be nice to track down a full set and not worry about exclusives for a change.  Here's some more food for thought - if this were being released as a standard box of 12 individual packs with chaces, why wouldn't they just assign it a series #? 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #103 on: March 26, 2009, 11:23 PM »
Because this is probably a one time deal and the chance of a second series is not going to happen

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 27, 2009, 03:58 AM »
Ya gotta love Kubricks!

CB
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 06:06 AM by Crackbrick »
I Dream of Yumbos...