Author Topic: Boba Fett Collection  (Read 114182 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Boba Fett Collection
« Reply #120 on: June 10, 2009, 12:59 PM »
So I am Sith and I are sitting here at work (really we are working) debating whether or not there will be chases in this series.  So what do people think?  As best as we can tell there is no indication that we'll get chases.  However, when is the last time Medicom ever released a series that didn't have chases at all??  Thoughts?

From an e-mail interaction I had with Medicom back in April:

Me:  "Will the Boba Fett Collection have secret/chase figures like the regular Star Wars KUBRICK series have had?"

Medicom:  "We can not answer to the question as it will no longer be "secret".  It will be another exciting assort. Please look forward to it."

Based on that answer, I am expecting to see chases...  maybe not 3, but at least 1-2 of them.  There are plenty of ways they could stick with the Fett motif for chase figures...

- Jodo Kast
- Silver Fett
- "Shadow" Fett
- removable helmet Fett
etc etc
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 01:00 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #121 on: June 10, 2009, 01:09 PM »
I am hoping for the prototype boba fett chase, but i woudn't be surprised if we got very random characters from the OT as well. I would love an Amanaman chase.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 10, 2009, 01:26 PM »
I am hoping for the prototype boba fett chase

I would poop my pants if we got a chase that was the Original "Kit-bashed" Boba Fett Prototype. It would be highly sought after.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #123 on: June 10, 2009, 01:49 PM »
I am hoping for the prototype boba fett chase

I would poop my pants if we got a chase that was the Original "Kit-bashed" Boba Fett Prototype. It would be highly sought after.

Yep, thats the one I'm hoping for.  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 10, 2009, 02:31 PM »
That's exactly one of the versions of Fett I thought of when the possibility of chase figures for this series came up.

I'm expecting there will be chases even though it's not a standard series.  I'm hoping for only one or two although I doubt I'll get one in the box I ordered.  I'm also crossing my figures that, as cool as the regular six figures are, the chase isn't cooler than any of them!   :P

It would also be great if the set was even packed in the box (not counting chase figures) but I'm also guessing that we'll see a weighted distribution like normal series boxes have.  I've been talking with Joe Kersavage (who some of you guys know) about splitting a box with him.  He's definitely first on my list for extras, but I told him if he wants to make sure he gets the set of 6 he may want to put in a pre-order somewhere.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 10, 2009, 02:35 PM »

It would also be great if the set was even packed in the box (not counting chase figures) but I'm also guessing that we'll see a weighted distribution like normal series boxes have.  I've been talking with Joe Kersavage (who some of you guys know) about splitting a box with him.  He's definitely first on my list for extras, but I told him if he wants to make sure he gets the set of 6 he may want to put in a pre-order somewhere.

I saw on the NCS site (and maybe it was "confirmed" elsewhere) but the McQuarries are both planned to be packed 1:12.  If I had to guess, unfortunately, the chases would be in the 1:12 boxes as well meaning that even if you get a box of 12 with a chase in it, you might still be missing a regular figure too.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #126 on: June 10, 2009, 02:39 PM »
It would also be great if the set was even packed in the box (not counting chase figures) but I'm also guessing that we'll see a weighted distribution like normal series boxes have.

This ratio has been making the rounds on many of the Japanese sites and NCSX as well, so I'm guessing it is probably pretty close:

Boba Fett (Vintage) = 3/12
Boba Fett (Black & White) = 3/12
Boba Fett (Holiday Special) = 2/12
Boba Fett (Droids) = 2/12
Boba Fett (Mcquarrie) = 1/12
Boba Fett (Mcquarrie/Johnston) = 1/12
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 02:40 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 10, 2009, 04:09 PM »
If that breakdown was posted earlier in this thread I missed it, I'd have to go back and look.  That's not a terrible mix assuming you don't get a chase in your box.  But, on the other hand, I'd rather have to hunt down one of the 1:12 figures rather than a chase figure so that might be an acceptable tradeoff.

Of course, 2 of the coolest figures are 1:12 which I guess isn't a surprise.  The Black & While and Droids versions are less important to me but I really like the McQuarrie designs.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 10, 2009, 11:44 PM »
Obviously late commenting on this, but as soon as the indication came that there weren't two complete sets of six in a box of twelve I was pretty sure chase figures would be present.  Jeff's conversations all but confirm that obviously, but I can't see any reason for the odd ratios other than standard operating procedures including chase figs.  I'd think there'd be one HK, one Japan at 1/96 each and a common like the other series'.  I love the speculations on what they might be and it'll be pretty cool when we know.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #129 on: June 10, 2009, 11:54 PM »
Chases do sound inevitable, question is will there be more Fett/Mandalorian type characters, more McQuarrie type figures like a McVader or McSnowtrooper or something from Droids like Vlix? What ever they are it should be good.  :)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 10, 2009, 11:57 PM »
Chases do sound inevitable, question is will there be more Fett/Mandalorian type characters, more McQuarrie type figures like a McVader or McSnowtrooper or something from Droids like Vlix? What ever they are it should be good.  :)

Hmmn...how about McQuarrie Luke, Jodo Kast, and Coleman Trebor?   :D
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Symposium

• Jedi Initiate
  • I have Kubrickulosis™
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 11, 2009, 12:21 AM »
I have absolutely no interest in the McQuarrie fetts nor the black and white one. I don't know why medicom thought 3 near identical boring white fetts was a good idea.

I'm 50% disappointed with this set.  :P
"Pixelated beings are we, not this crude matter!"

Offline SITHSPAWN

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 11, 2009, 01:03 AM »
Well, I had decided not to, but I just ordered a case.  I don't want to take the chance of there being chase figs and not even have a chance of a full set or the chase.  Just hope I can get rid of all the extras.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 11, 2009, 01:13 AM »

Hmmn...how about McQuarrie Luke, Jodo Kast, and Coleman Trebor?   :D

Dunno. 

McLuke would be boring and much more difficult in this form than Hasbro's.  McVader, if it was a McQuarrie figure, would be the easiest for them with a new helmet and cape. 

Jodo of course fits well.

Coleman Trebor?  Blech. 

Medicom does love their oddities though.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #134 on: June 11, 2009, 02:51 AM »
Since Robby closed where have you US guys been ordering your cases from? I want to pick up one case, and want to find the cheapest deal I can for them. Does anywhere have them Cheaper than NCSX?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 02:53 AM by Ryan »
"This is the way."