Author Topic: Boba Fett Collection  (Read 114203 times)

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
Re: Boba Fett Collection
« Reply #360 on: July 13, 2009, 05:43 PM »
And what do we do with the different droid's versions- Did one come sooner than the other? What about two red gauntlets? And how long will it be before we get a 1/2 circle fett from Medicom?  ;)

I just lined mine up in the order I opened them, then added the loose droids fett that had been carded, and the 2 red gauntlet fett on either end.

Just an FYI, I used a clear display case from a model car and it holds my 9 Fetts perfectly. I love how they look together, and it highlights them from the rest of the bricks.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: July 13, 2009, 06:48 PM »
The question about order brings up, again, the fact that 3 white Fett figures in this series was maybe one too many.  I can see doing the two McQuarrie versions because the helmets are so radically different, but the B&W figure seems like a wasted opportunity to me.

They could have done the kit-bashed Fett which, while similar to the Kenner figure, is still just enough different that it would have stood out better than the B&W figure.  The final concept kit-bash does have a rather different paint scheme on the helmet and gauntlets from the Kenner figure.

Still, over all, I'm happy with this set for the most part.  Still wish I could have scored tht L-Slot chase, though.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: July 13, 2009, 11:17 PM »
The question about order brings up, again, the fact that 3 white Fett figures in this series was maybe one too many.  I can see doing the two McQuarrie versions because the helmets are so radically different, but the B&W figure seems like a wasted opportunity to me.

They could have done the kit-bashed Fett which, while similar to the Kenner figure, is still just enough different that it would have stood out better than the B&W figure.  The final concept kit-bash does have a rather different paint scheme on the helmet and gauntlets from the Kenner figure.

Still, over all, I'm happy with this set for the most part.  Still wish I could have scored tht L-Slot chase, though.

E...

Those are good suggestions, but I like the White Prototype Fett better than these.  The three whiteys do seem excessive - ideally we could have had one McQuarrie Fett and they could have just included two heads since the rest of the body is the same.  Oh well, pretty nice series regardless.

Updating I Am Sith's tracking.  Anyone I missed?

chap - L-Slot chase (NCS)
bigj22 (box 1) - L-Slot chase (NCS)
Jeff (box 1) - L-Slot chase (NCS)

Jeff (box 2) - common chases (NCS)
bigj22 (box2) - common chases (NCS)
knashdx - common chases (NCS)
Dan - common chases (NCS)

evenflow - no chases (NCS)
efranks - no chases (NCS)
I Am Sith - no chases (NCS)
Outkast34 - no chases (NCS)
Morgbug - no chases (Mediacom)
Crackbrick - no chases (NCS?) - multiple boxes?

Stewbacca - ?
Jayson - ?
JediJman - ?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 11:41 PM by JediJman »
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: July 14, 2009, 12:51 PM »
And what do we do with the different droid's versions- Did one come sooner than the other? What about two red gauntlets? And how long will it be before we get a 1/2 circle fett from Medicom?  ;)

I just lined mine up in the order I opened them, then added the loose droids fett that had been carded, and the 2 red gauntlet fett on either end.

Just an FYI, I used a clear display case from a model car and it holds my 9 Fetts perfectly. I love how they look together, and it highlights them from the rest of the bricks.

Two way to do it:

First I'd go with Jeff's list then throw in all the previous Kubricks last(being that they would be the "Kubrick" mold of Fett 'even the Droids Carded is based on that mold'):

1.  McQuarrie concept - original concept for Fett
2.  McQ/Johnston Concept Fett - refined concept drawing to add the final helmet and armor
3.  Black & White Prototype Fett (from a screen test shot on June 28, 1978).
4.  "Color Prototype" Fett Chase (Fett first appeared at a California parade on September 24, 1978 and made mall appearances the rest of that Fall '78)
5.  "Holiday Special" Fett (aired on November 17, 1978)
6. "L-Slot" Rocket Fett (1979)
7. "J-Slot Rocket Fett (1979)
8. "Vintage Toy" Rocket Fett (1979)
9. "Droids" Boba Fett (1985)
10. Jango (just for kicks)
11. Series one ESB
12. Series one ROTJ
13. Series one Vintage colors
14. Droids Carded (open him!)

OR Second:

1.  McQuarrie concept - original concept for Fett
2.  McQ/Johnston Concept Fett - refined concept drawing to add the final helmet and armor
3.  Black & White Prototype Fett (from a screen test shot on June 28, 1978).
4.  "Color Prototype" Fett Chase (Fett first appeared at a California parade on September 24, 1978 and made mall appearances the rest of that Fall '78)
5.  "Holiday Special" Fett (aired on November 17, 1978)
6. "L-Slot" Rocket Fett (1979)
7. "J-Slot Rocket Fett (1979)
8. "Vintage Toy" Rocket Fett (1979)
9.  Series one Vintage colors
10. Series one ESB
11. Series one ROTJ
12. "Droids" Boba Fett (1985)
13. Droids Carded (open him!)
14. Jango for Kicks

Now I want ALL the chases.

CBoba
I Dream of Yumbos...

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: July 14, 2009, 01:03 PM »
The question about order brings up, again, the fact that 3 white Fett figures in this series was maybe one too many.  I can see doing the two McQuarrie versions because the helmets are so radically different, but the B&W figure seems like a wasted opportunity to me.

They could have done the kit-bashed Fett which, while similar to the Kenner figure, is still just enough different that it would have stood out better than the B&W figure.  The final concept kit-bash does have a rather different paint scheme on the helmet and gauntlets from the Kenner figure.

Still, over all, I'm happy with this set for the most part.  Still wish I could have scored tht L-Slot chase, though.

E...

I like the idea of the Kit Bash, maybe a second series?
Bastards!

Looking through the McQuarrie art there is a pic where he has on a parca and some red design on his head, even that is a cool.

cboba
I Dream of Yumbos...

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: July 14, 2009, 02:07 PM »
Like father, like son.  ;D   8)   

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #366 on: July 14, 2009, 02:56 PM »
Awesome!  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: July 14, 2009, 03:35 PM »

Updating I Am Sith's tracking.  Anyone I missed?

chap - L-Slot chase (NCS)
bigj22 (box 1) - L-Slot chase (NCS)
Jeff (box 1) - L-Slot chase (NCS)

Jeff (box 2) - common chases (NCS)
bigj22 (box2) - common chases (NCS)
knashdx - common chases (NCS)
Dan - common chases (NCS)

evenflow - no chases (NCS)
efranks - no chases (NCS)
I Am Sith - no chases (NCS)
Outkast34 - no chases (NCS)
Morgbug - no chases (Mediacom)
Crackbrick - no chases (NCS?) - multiple boxes?

Stewbacca - ?
Jayson - ?
JediJman - ?

I got just a basic set of six from a friend in Japan, she did not get any chases in her box of 12 which she got from her local Toy Shop.

CB
I Dream of Yumbos...

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: July 14, 2009, 03:39 PM »
Like father, like son.  ;D   8)   

Very Cool

cb
I Dream of Yumbos...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: July 14, 2009, 10:39 PM »
Just looking at the J-slot chase Fett and I'm not sure that a different slot on the back is worth $150+ to me.  That's what my post was in the scam thread, I mistook a real J slot for the regular.  While that's embarassing, I pretty much convinced myself on that basis alone I don't need the J-slot.  So probably only going after the proto and the L-slot.  If these ever settle down in price to more normal pricing I'd go for the J. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #370 on: July 14, 2009, 11:12 PM »
Yeah, the J-Slot really isn't all that different so I'm willing to be a bit more patient.  I've got the L-Slot and the Color Prototype chases, that will tide me over until I can rebuild the war chest and try to chase a few other things down...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Sir Real

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: July 15, 2009, 06:12 AM »
So, does anyone have all 14 Boba Fett figures yet?  I don't have the J-slot but my all-gray chase is coming in about a week and I'll snap a pic of the 13 then.

Offline buttheadsmate

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: July 15, 2009, 10:52 AM »
All this patch/no patch stuff sounds like errors to me... 

Of course that is absolutely what I have ......no more than a factory error of the McQ/Johnston Boba Fett ::)   You'll hopefully excuse my question asked in the previous post but I was pretty confused there for a minute. The McQ/J Boba Fett seems to be a rarity (singly & loose) on ebay & it is pretty ironic that I now have to search for a normal 'normal' when I've secured all the chases :-[

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: July 15, 2009, 11:06 AM »
So, does anyone have all 14 Boba Fett figures yet?  I don't have the J-slot but my all-gray chase is coming in about a week and I'll snap a pic of the 13 then.

I think there ar 13 total:(9 from the Boba Fett Series, 3 from Series 1 and the first carded Droids version.

cb
I Dream of Yumbos...

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: July 15, 2009, 11:21 AM »
I think there ar 13 total:(9 from the Boba Fett Series, 3 from Series 1 and the first carded Droids version.

Carded Bape Fett = 14
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!