Author Topic: Boba Fett Collection  (Read 114224 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Boba Fett Collection
« Reply #420 on: August 26, 2009, 04:27 AM »
Nice Brent, good price.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: September 12, 2009, 02:03 AM »
Done.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: September 12, 2009, 09:48 AM »
I do want to finish off the chase, but the J-slot I can wait a long time for given the relatively minor difference.

Done.

So by waiting 'a long time' you meant 17 days...  Seems long enough in my book!  Congrats!
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: September 12, 2009, 01:08 PM »
I do want to finish off the chase, but the J-slot I can wait a long time for given the relatively minor difference.

Done.

So by waiting 'a long time' you meant 17 days...  Seems long enough in my book!  Congrats!

LOL!  Well, that's like 4 months in dog years.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: September 12, 2009, 02:06 PM »
I refuse to get overly excited by those prices.  These have, for the most part, only hit within the last week.  So it's the early crazy folk that are dropping huge coin on these (I think the $299 for 8 is a fair deal) chase pieces.  DO I think they'll settle out at higher prices, based on ratio, than the usual series'?  Absolutely, because it's Fett and because they are vintage nods; that pulls in non-Kubrick collectors as well.  But I think the J- and L-slot will settle out around $150 or so and the common around $50.  Those prices are higher than the general prices for the 1/96 and 2/48 prices generally level off at. 

In my defense, here's what I wrote some time ago above. 

$169 for the L-slot proto.
$159 for the J-slot
$45 (?) for the 2/48 chase.

So I overpaid just a little compared to what I wrote above but the chase have been posted to Ebay less of late, so I thought I'd finish it out.  I actually lost the auction on the J-Slot but was given a second chance offer so I took it. 

I am actually now thinking that these will drop to normal chase prices, so around $125-150 for the 1:96 and $25-35 for the 2:48 chase.  But it is nice being done. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: September 12, 2009, 04:49 PM »
Congrats on finishing the set Brent, nice prices.  :)

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: November 5, 2009, 11:19 PM »
Was just checking Ningyoushi and noticed that they have the L-Slot and the Proto-Fett for sale:

L-Slot Chase

Proto-Costume Chase

Anyone still looking for these might want to check these out.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline wampachow

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: November 7, 2009, 01:21 PM »
Was just checking Ningyoushi and noticed that they have the L-Slot and the Proto-Fett for sale:

L-Slot Chase

Proto-Costume Chase

Anyone still looking for these might want to check these out.

Thanks for that! I picked up the basic set and those two chases (and the Watchmen kubricks on sale). I really wanted the L-Slot over the J-slot, so unless I can find a really great J-slot deal, I think I'm set!

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: November 19, 2009, 10:10 PM »
I noticed tonight on BBTS that they no longer have boxes of 12 and Master Cases listed.  They now have a 'Box of 6' for $100 and a 'Master Case of 24' for $375...

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: November 19, 2009, 10:17 PM »
I noticed tonight on BBTS that they no longer have boxes of 12 and Master Cases listed.  They now have a 'Box of 6' for $100 and a 'Master Case of 24' for $375...

Wow, that's cheap!  Is it a temporary sale or just a marked down price? 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: November 19, 2009, 10:25 PM »
Wow, that's cheap!  Is it a temporary sale or just a marked down price? 

It's a marked down price, but realisticly they've taken their previous inventory (boxes of 12 and Master cases of 48), cut them in half (boxes of six and Master Cases of 24) and adjusted the price to half of what they were charging in the past.  So I think that they are trying a new tactic to move what they have in such a way that it appears as though you're getting a deal...

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: February 4, 2010, 04:34 PM »
Best Price I've see for the L-slot Fett chase figure:

$102 shipped L-Slot Fett

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: February 4, 2010, 04:35 PM »
Best Price I've see for the L-slot Fett chase figure:

$102 shipped L-Slot Fett

Assuming it's not bid up.  That is a great starting price though.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: February 4, 2010, 05:00 PM »
Sorry I jumped the gun.  When I originally looked at the auction page I thought it was a BIN.  Didn't mean to get anyone's hopes up.

Offline kaysui0248

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: February 5, 2010, 07:59 AM »
I remember this ebay seller sold an exact one a few months back. I was the only bidder then last few seconds I was out bidded. Looked at the history of the other buyer and no record/interest in kubrick figures. After a few hours I was offered a second chance offer to buy the figure. I reported this to eaby of shill bidding and have kept a close eye on this seller