Author Topic: Front Page News  (Read 28274 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: Front Page News
« Reply #15 on: January 5, 2009, 02:21 AM »
You said earlier that news will be broken in the forums....why not just take some of those and up them on the front page now and then?

Just a suggestion.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: January 5, 2009, 03:13 AM »
If there's news to be "broken" it usually gets posted both places...  It's more the mundane day-to-day that just isn't going to get posted at this point.  The sideshow stuff, Dark Horse, etc.  If the format of the front page were to change, there's a chance anything broken would go just to the forums then...  We have a Q&A due soon though and that'll probably go on the front page obviously...  But ultimately not much news is going to be posted, at this point anyway.

If something big came up it'd go out on the front page though for sure...  Like if info got leaked about new figures or something.

The real frequent updates though, and the general upkeep and busy pace of the front page is currently dead in the water...  Like I said though, most news I catch in the forums anyway these days.  You usually don't have to visit another site since someone always posts it immediately anyway.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 6, 2009, 07:46 PM »
I never expected the Front Page to be updated daily, but after reading this thread, I was wondering how things like Toy Fair or San Diego Comic Con would be covered in the future...if at all.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: January 6, 2009, 08:44 PM »
Oh that's pretty much a dead in the water thing...

WE've always paid our own way to those events, when one of the staff went to those events...  For instance Paul/Rob went one year, and sorta made it into little vacations for themselves I think (guys?).  Jeff went to TF last year...  I'd love to go, but financially I can't justify it (though train rides to NYC aren't too pricey if I ever decide to go).

SDCC was, in the past, covered by Matt, however Matt's here even less than any of the rest of us. :)

Potential "Celebrations" I think would depend on who was going and where they were and stuff. 

But yeah, that stuff, when we've had coverage, was 100% out-of-pocket for whoever went to it...  And I think I'm the closest to NYC, so you can imagine what it cost guys from TX or MN to go there.   :o
I'd say basically that we won't have any con coverage this year, as we had very little last year except for Toy Fair.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 7, 2009, 12:40 AM »
Can't you guys just box up Ryan and mail his ass there?  I'll even provide the box!   :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: January 7, 2009, 01:38 AM »
Ryan's a big guy, so shipping is prohibitive. :)

If anyone wants to pay for a train ticket and hotel room, I'll go. :P

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 8, 2009, 03:28 PM »
Who knows - maybe someone will come along one day and incorporate the best of what was JD into a brand new SW collecting site?

That is my hope. :)

Mine too  ;)  - yes I'm winking at somebody :-X
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 8, 2009, 11:16 PM »
Who knows - maybe someone will come along one day and incorporate the best of what was JD into a brand new SW collecting site?

That is my hope. :)

Mine too  ;)  - yes I'm winking at somebody :-X

You're ALWAYS winking at somebody.   ;)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2009, 10:11 AM »
If someone shows me how to do it, I'll update the front page every so often.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2009, 09:57 PM »
If someone shows me how to do it, I'll update the front page every so often.

Read some of the earlier posts - I think that was already offered and shot down.   :-\
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Heart_of_Darkness

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Home Page???
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2009, 12:59 AM »
The Home Page doesn't get as many updates as it used to. It used to get updated with news regularly like every week. Anybody know what happened?  ???

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2009, 01:04 AM »
I merged your post here, have a read through this thread.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2009, 01:07 AM »
I heard the guy quit and took all the page-updating instructions with him, so now nobody knows how to do it anymore.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2009, 11:01 PM »
I heard the guy quit and took all the page-updating instructions with him, so now nobody knows how to do it anymore.

That's not quite how I heard it.   ;)  Besides, we just got that breaking story on the AT-TE Replacement Legs shipping.  Did "the guy" help post that scoop?

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2009, 11:21 PM »

That's not quite how I heard it.   ;)  Besides, we just got that breaking story on the AT-TE Replacement Legs shipping.  Did "the guy" help post that scoop?

How pray tell did you hear it?