Collectibles > Vintage Kenner

Restoring Playsets and Vehicles

<< < (3/8) > >>

Matt_Fury:
Crap.  That toystore.com website seems to be down.  Shame too, they had some great stuff on there.

DSJ™:
Hopefully it's just a server issue.  :-\

Rob:
I've used watered down rubbing alcohol (maybe like 1:1) and q-tips with great success.  More on vehicles than figures... sometimes you can wipe eyebrows and such off of figures.

It'll take off some pretty stubborn stains.

I've also used carpet cleaner on some of the cloth like Klaatu's skirt.

As mentioned, foam replacement for the Dagobah set is available on eBay or can be made from scratch.

Matt_Fury:
Nice points Rob.  Luckily, my figures are in pretty good (if not over-played with) condition.

McMetal:
Figured this would be the best thread to submit this question for the group:

Anyone have any good suggestions for removing stickers from vintage toys? Specifically, the Star Destroyer playset base?

I bought one a few weeks back but the stickers are atrocious...ripped, faded, taped, many not even in the right location. I've resigned myself to a restoration rather than discarding it and looking for a better version.

I'm just wondering what is the most effective and least potentially damaging method for geting the old stickers off.

I'm very hesitant to use anything sharp or abrasive, or caustic. So razor blades, exacto knives, lighter fluid, etc are proabably out.

Any tips? THANKS A MILLION!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version