Collectibles > Vintage Kenner

Restoring Playsets and Vehicles

<< < (5/8) > >>

McMetal:
Ok, picked up another vintage Star Destroyer playset recently, and between this and the other one I own, I think I can compile a complete and fairly decent set.

I've succeeded in removing the key stickers I need to transfer, but now I am wondering about the best way to re-affix these?

Anyone have any suggestions on a way to re-apply the stickers smoothly, effectively, and with no discoloration?

I was thinking of some kind of spray adhesive rather than a glue or epoxy, but I'm curious what others have done. I actually have a few pieces with some stickers starting to peel which need stabilization.

SWJACK:
UHU glue stick works a treat.  For ones that are peeling get a toothpick with a small amount of glue on the end. Dries clear, no discolouration.

McMetal:
Thanks! I will pick some up tonight and give it a try. Appreciate the help...

Jesse James:
I've used liquid superglue and had no problems as well.

Pete_Fett:
I'm currently looking at an auction for the Vehicle Maintenance Energizer - and the stickers on it are unapplied AND the eight tools are still on the plastic mold tree (they haven't been clipped off).

So my questions are:

1) Should I use the un-applied stickers from the 80s or should I scan them in and print them on a hi-res printer on a white label sheet and essentially "make my own" and leave the original sticker sheet un-used?

2) Should I leave the tools on the mold-tree and just try to acquire the loose tools from eBay? I have a couple tools from the one I had as a kid, so I don't think I'd have to buy all eight, but even if I did, I see those tools come up for auction a lot so it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Any help/advice you guys could give would be much appreciated.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version