Collectibles > Vintage Kenner

Restoring Playsets and Vehicles

<< < (2/8) > >>

DSJ™:
Regular dish soap will work fine, you don't want anything that is gritty as it will scratch & use a soap that is not too scented.

john todd:
i'm not sure if Rob ever mentioned what exactly he used, but on page 19 of the latest acquisitions thread, he shows where he did a pretty damn nice job of cleaning up an ewok village. which reminds me that i have a death star boxed up somewhere that could use a little tlc.

solrac:
I use Q-tips and baby wipes. its been more than 10 years since i started using to clean my collection and there has been no residue. You can wrap the wipes around the tip of the swab and scrub with that...

Matt_Fury:
Great!  Thanks for all the advice y'all.  I've never done any of this before and I'm totally paranoid about ruining my childhood toys (and the foundation of my collection).

Darth Broem:
Yeah, I am kind of sad because my original Imperial Shuttle has that "yellowing" crap going on now.  It was fine until I moved from Illinois to the dessert here in Phoenix.  A couple of other vehicles are doing it now to.  I guess it's the dry environment.  I do have a humidfier and run it so I guess it may have been worse but oh well. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version