Author Topic: Fishy eBay auctions  (Read 6493 times)

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: ebay auction looks and smells funny...
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2003, 04:10 PM »
I think I would have to say that it's a...

[size=12]SCAM!!![/size]

There's no what that would have happened.  What figure is actually in there?  If this guy claims he knows nothing of Star Wars, then how does he actually know that the included figure ISN'T a Jawa?  Total scam, and if it's re-listed stay the hell away from this guy.  And to think he has all that positive feedback too.

And yes, there are people out there who don't know how to use a camera (or they're too cheap to buy one that's decent in quality).
dustrho

Offline E.Z.

• Jedi Initiate
  • Montreal, Quebec
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 1, 2003, 02:24 PM »
He also states that the guy who bought it got it in 1992-93. Didn't these come out in 95-96?
Shawn

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 1, 2003, 05:17 PM »
Didn't the modern line start in 1995 which means the guy who this guy bought it from had it for 2 to 3 years before the line was started. ???  As far as the picture it sucks and doesn't show anything but the small protion where the figure is, not the side of the box which was opened.  Either he got scamed by someone and not knowing listed it thinking it was rare or he is a scam artist who wants to scam star wars fans.

Offline ezehogan

• Youngling
  • Blast them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 1, 2003, 08:49 PM »
It looks like an Ugnaught in there to me.

When did the Ugnaught come out in relation to the Ronto?  If they were pretty far apart, it would be impossible anyway.
Mr. Burns:  "Use an open faced club!  A sand wedge!"

Homer:  "Mmmmmm open face club sandwhich...."