Author Topic: Toy Fair 2009!  (Read 24968 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Toy Fair 2009!
« Reply #75 on: February 18, 2009, 09:04 PM »
I thought it was knee joints, no ankle ones...

Regardless, I just want her for customizing anyway.

Offline CookieeMonster

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 18, 2009, 09:53 PM »
Rob she has Knee Joints, Elbow Joints and Ball Neck as pluses.

As minuses she has no Ball Torso or Ankle Joints (but to me this is a god send, I cringe everytime I look at Cankle Leia).

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 18, 2009, 11:03 PM »
Who the frak cares about Lumiya?  I don't even know who she is and could care less.  You guys really think this was the coolest thing shown at Toy Fair?  Me thinks she needs her own thread if you guys are that into her.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 19, 2009, 09:09 AM »
I am not that into Lumiya or that comic.  However, I do remember her from back in the old days and her image in the comic book.  I think it may have some OT vibes from that era.  I actually like the figure but probably will not buy it.  I am just happy to actually recognize the character.  Some of these comic packs and EU packs I have no idea who is who. 

Anyway, I liked the TPM wave and some of the AOTC waves shown.  I am happy the Clone Wars series is doing well.  I may pick up a few of those figures.  I actually liked the Turbo Tank.  I will not be breaking down any retailers door to snag it right away but will probably end up with it.  Oh, and I will probably get most if not all of the Geonosis 2 packs.  I know they did not show them all but it's enough for me to buy the two packs they showed and the prototypes of the other Jedi look pretty good.  I am assuming the sets will be decent.  I actually did not care for the Wal-Mart 2 packs.   The droids really did not do much for me.  I am not really feeling the Evolutions sets either.  It's the same thing with me on those sets.  I like one or two figures from a set but just don't want to pay the full price for the other figures I do not care for. 

The only thing that really bums me out about Star Wars is the price increase on everything.  I think Hasbro may screw themselves with the $60 ships.  I thought there whole thing awhile back was trying to get all ships around the magical $20 range which is fine.  But now you want to jack up $30-$40 vehicles into the $60 range?  Good luck with that Hasbro.  Now I hear the basic figures are going to be in the $8.50 plus range?  Wow, I just don't think the figures are really worth that price.  I know parents are going to scoff at that.  I am sure they will still be bought but it may not be "Sure, I will buy 3 or 4 for junior."  Now it will just be 1 or 2 or none. 

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2009, 12:26 PM »
Who the frak cares about Lumiya?  I don't even know who she is and could care less.  You guys really think this was the coolest thing shown at Toy Fair?  Me thinks she needs her own thread if you guys are that into her.

Chill out Mikey. Just because you don't collect Comic Packs doesn't mean that the rest of can't comment on them.

Personally I don't give a FRAK if she has articulated knees or not. It just means I am going to end up with 3 sets of these figures so I can display both heads with my Jedi and Sith figures.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #80 on: February 19, 2009, 01:28 PM »
I'm not into Lumiya and I'm usually even less into Marvel stuff, but they did at least attempt a good paintjob on this set, so I'll probably still buy it.  The non-realistic paintjob stuff from Marvel was all easy to pass on.  I almost wish it had continued.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CookieeMonster

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 19, 2009, 04:02 PM »
Ifett whats with the attitude did we do something to annoy you, or are you always this happy. ;D

You do realise that people like the Marvel Star Wars characters, and this happens to be the best one they have offered us so far from the Marvel Comic Packs.

Also I dont think anyone has said this is the best offering from Toy Fair, however I am well pleased this was a decent offering from Hasbro seeing I have been waiting since last year to see this figure made.

Oh and Ifett it does state as the subject header Toy Fair 2009, and she was at Toy Fair 2009, so she should be spoke about in this thread along with the other figures, so Ifett what did you think was the best offering figure wise.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 19, 2009, 04:27 PM »
so Ifett what did you think was the best offering figure wise.

I think you need to get off my ass Cookie, but please continue your discussion about Lumiya. 

My favorite had to have been the MY LITTLE PONY NEWBORN CUTIES line.  I'm probably going to stop collecting Star Wars alltogether and focus on that line.  I was also diggin the STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE BERRY CAFE Playset.  My clones are going to be in heaven.

Peace
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 19, 2009, 04:29 PM »
Now I hear the basic figures are going to be in the $8.50 plus range? 

They already are (actually $8.79) at some (or most) local Targets in the Twin Cities. Even TRU has them beat at $7.99!

Mikey -  ;D You funny! You know, some Strawberry Shortcake and friends would make nice friends for clones and Joes.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 04:34 PM by Darth Vlad »

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 20, 2009, 11:08 AM »

I gotta agree with knashdx here. Just because you don't like the CPs doesn't mean plenty of the rest of us can't. Don't buy em, but let us talk about them.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 20, 2009, 11:15 AM »
Go right ahead Nick.  I already said I'll allow it.    :-*    :D

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 20, 2009, 11:17 AM »
Go right ahead Nick.  I already said I'll allow it.    :-*    :D

I am a little pissed at you though because I thought I was going to be the only one collecting the Strawberry Shortcake line and now I'm going to have to compete with you. I heard your work Target was going to be the "Plymouth Target for Legacy wave 5" for the Shortcake stuff too.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline CookieeMonster

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 20, 2009, 11:57 AM »
Thanks Ifett, I will talk about whoever I want figure wise, however I did ask for a genuine answer about which figure you liked so we could get the conversation steered away from Lumiya and onto a figure you like better so we could talk about that one, and your the one jumping people for what they like, not me - also I would like to point out Knashdx told you to chill as well but you said squat to him.

As for what you collect be it Strawberry Shortcake or My Little Pony Cuties Line all the power to you, hopefully they may mellow you out, lol (J/K).

Now seriously what figures did you think looked cool from the Star Wars Line so we can talk about them and stop this bickering between us before it gets out of hand, I actually really want to know, as their was some decent comic packs - for example Kyle Katarn and the Yuuzhan Vong and Darth Krayt and Sigel Dare just to name 2, or did you like the offerings from the Basic line up or even the new Clone Wars line up, what did you like.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 12:05 PM by CookieeMonster »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 20, 2009, 12:47 PM »
My opinions don't really matter because I'm a carded/boxed collector, but I've already commented in this thread earlier that I was suprised to see the CW mini-rig.  Yes, it's really lame, but I like it. 

Ryan & Nick are friends and I have my own reasons for responding/not responding.  I understand you're new here so I won't say things to you that I shouldn't that others would.

Peace out yo - and please talk about anything and everything Toy Fair from this point.

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 20, 2009, 12:56 PM »
Don't know if this has been discussed and I missed it; but is the reason that Hasbro didn't show any Mighty Muggs at Toy Fair because they are moving towards a TRU exclusive by year end?  Actually all the new figures that have been shown online are exclusive to either an etailer or a particular store.  My understanding is that part of Toy Fair is to show to prospective retail buyers what items are coming, so they'll order from Hasbro.  Therefore, since no Muggs will be available at Walmart, or the local grocery chain, etc, there is no reason for Hasbro to show them.  Is that a correct understanding?
I am not the Stig