Author Topic: MLB 2009  (Read 30945 times)

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Re: MLB 2009
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2009, 02:00 PM »

Are nothing more than a Ponzi scheme. They spend all this money to bring in all this "Super" talent and get their fans all excited. And when it comes down to it get their asses handed to them by the Devil Rays. A team that's payroll is not even 1/8 the Yankees, but can obviously produce better than the Yankees.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 04:14 PM by knashdx »
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2009, 03:45 PM »
Eh hem, Devil Rays.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2009, 04:16 PM »
Eh hem, Devil Rays.
They will always be the Devil Rays.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2009, 08:39 PM »
They will always be the Devil Rays.

I think the WS appearance last year shakes that nicely.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2009, 10:20 AM »
April 15, 2009

The Texas Rangers 2nd baseman, Ian Kinsler becomes the first player in 119 years to get 6 hits in 6 at bats in a 9 inning game, and to hit for the cycle. The last player to do so was William Farmer Weaver while playing for the Louisville Colonels on August 12th 1890.

As being reported on MLB.com.

That would have been awesome to see.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2009, 11:10 AM »
Wow,  6-for-6 with 2-1B, 2-2B, 3B, HR, 4-RBI, 5-R, and 1-SB?

Man, that is a fantastic night.   Even more impressive that the Rangers didn't even bat in the bottom of the 9th, so really he did it all in just 8 innings!

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2009, 12:29 PM »
Wow,  6-for-6 with 2-1B, 2-2B, 3B, HR, 4-RBI, 5-R, and 1-SB?

Man, that is a fantastic night.   Even more impressive that the Rangers didn't even bat in the bottom of the 9th, so really he did it all in just 8 innings!

Exactly. That is a career night for him. The spirit of Jackie Robinson was definitely channeled in Texas last night.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 7, 2009, 06:36 PM »
I should just go copy and paste my A-Rod post from a few months back and change the name, but instead I'll just b*tch again.

Stupid jerkass MLB stars who have to ruin my favorite sport by cheating. How in the world do you try to cheat now when they are actually testing and doing something about it. Screw you Manny. I hated you anyway you quitter, but now you really suck. Up yours.

If any of the 20 something stars come up steroids positive I don't know what I'll do.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 7, 2009, 07:36 PM »

If any of the 20 something stars come up steroids positive I don't know what I'll do.

Well don't count Manny among the steroid positive, he's been tested 16 times in the past 5 years and steroids were never found.

This suspension is bogus.  An MD scripted him for hCg concerning erection issues.

It has performance enhancing effect, but only between the sheets.  Not on a baseball diamond.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 7, 2009, 08:13 PM »
An MD scripted him for hCg concerning erection issues.

ESPN is saying that this stuff is commonly used to re-start testosterone production for people coming off of using steroids.  Sounds to me like he's beefing up in the off season and then not using during the regular season.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 7, 2009, 10:17 PM »

ESPN is saying that this stuff is commonly used to re-start testosterone production for people coming off of using steroids.  Sounds to me like he's beefing up in the off season and then not using during the regular season.

I guess it's possible.

Just looking at the guy, I don't think he's a steroid user, and he never has looked like one.  Also, here's a guy who has already won 2 World Series championships, is already a lock for the Hall of Fame, and has already gotten his big money contract. 

Canseco, Giambi, Bret Boone, Bonds, A-Rod, McGwire - I don't doubt any of these guys did it.  Manny I still have my doubts. 
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 7, 2009, 11:26 PM »
  Listening to the local station that covers the Dodgers here in L.A. on my way home, they had one of the weekend host on, who is some medical professional.  He was talking about how Manny has a lot of stuff he has to explain about testing postive for this drug.  He bought up the two reasons why Manny would take it, low testosterone or fertlilty treatments, he also talked up it being used in striods use. 

What ever the reason Manny is an idoit.  If I was making $25 million a year and I know I have to get tested for certain drugs I would make sure my doctors get the list of banned stuff I should have.  Since he didn't it will cost him $8 million plus if would to test postive two more  again he is banned for life. 

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 8, 2009, 12:45 AM »
If I was making $25 million a year and I know I have to get tested for certain drugs I would make sure my doctors get the list of banned stuff I should[n't] (sic) have.  Since he didn't it will cost him $8 million plus if would to test postive two more  again he is banned for life. 

Corrected. I agree he's an idiot. Just about a half year ago, a few football players were suspended for supposedly not knowing they were taking dietary drugs that had banned substances in them. You think every professional player in every sport would have known to consult the list before taking anything now.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 8, 2009, 08:14 AM »

Well don't count Manny among the steroid positive, he's been tested 16 times in the past 5 years and steroids were never found.

This suspension is bogus.  An MD scripted him for hCg concerning erection issues.

It has performance enhancing effect, but only between the sheets.  Not on a baseball diamond.

You can say he's not a steroid user since hCg isn't a steroid. But saying the suspension is bogus sounds a little biased to me. The rules say you get suspended if you use this and why wouldn't you use the team doctor that would know this?
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2009, 07:05 PM »
Just two random MLB things I had to comment on.........

Bobby Jenks was fined $750 for throwing at Texas Rangers. What is $750 to a pro athlete? What if your work fined you 75 cents for something? Would you even think twice about doing it again and not care about the "change" if it benefitted you?

Roger Clemens says he wouldn't take steriods because it would be suicidal. He said his family has a history of heart problems. His brother and STEP FATHER. Um, I didn't realize step genes passed on. I wonder if when you divorce a person and get a new step parent if you lose those genes too?