Author Topic: CW Clone Turbo Tank  (Read 65680 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: CW Turbo Tank Coming Christmas 2009
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2009, 01:57 PM »
It's probably going to be released in the Fall if anything when the line relaunches for the new season of Clone Wars.  That way Hasbro can get sales going through some of Q3 and all of Q4.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2009, 02:18 PM »
Good point Nick...probably what we'll see as far as release date.  I think Hasbro is learning from their minor mistake by only releasing one large item.  How many people only bought one or the other concerning the BMF Falcon and AT-TE.  (Raises Hand)

If they had only released one last year and one this year I would probably have both.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2009, 09:31 PM »
Check the front page to see a new list of Target numbers.  Turbo Tank, $99.99 made the list, among other things.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2009, 09:44 PM »
Check the front page to see a new list of Target numbers.  Turbo Tank, $99.99 made the list, among other things.

I have to go the front page for news?  The hell is up with that  ???  I'm just happy the AT-TE replacement legs seem to be shipping.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2009, 09:55 PM »
Or don't... Feel free to wait till it gets posted.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2009, 10:13 PM »
Nice score on DPCIs. But I wonder what the Deluxe Vehicle will be. The Y-Wing? Seems that should be more in the $50 range like the B-Wing. Maybe it's The Twilight or a Republic Attack Shuttle?
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2009, 10:15 PM »
A good question for sure.  The low $15.99 price was interesting too...  It could be Transformer stuff too, no?

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2009, 10:30 PM »
I'd say the $15.99 item is the Transformers line. I have no guesses for the $65 item... maybe it's the Y-Wing as well as the BMF Slave 1 everyone wants. (I have no clue why, Boba was a weak character that got eaten by a giant *****)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2009, 01:34 AM »
So doing some calculations, a "scale" A5 Juggernaught would be about 4 feet long by 3 feet high.  Seriously...  And that's the small one. :)

Actually it seems like Juggernaughts are one of those SW vehicles that could come in a wide variety of sizes, and thus there's A5, A6 listings...  If this toy comes in small, and I'm sure it will at this point, I suppose I could BS it as a smaller more mobile version...  An A2 maybe.  ;)

Seriously though, the A5 is the "small" Juggernaught, smaller than the A6 which is what was in ROTS on the Kashyyyk beaches, and that thing by comparison is comically massive.  The A5's not far off from an AT-AT's length and about 5 to 7 meters more squat.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2009, 03:01 AM »
(...Boba was a weak character that got eaten by a giant *****)

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2009, 09:08 AM »
I'll start setting $10 a month aside to pay for it.  ;)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2009, 10:45 PM »
Nice score on DPCIs. But I wonder what the Deluxe Vehicle will be. The Y-Wing? Seems that should be more in the $50 range like the B-Wing. Maybe it's The Twilight or a Republic Attack Shuttle?

I think the Deluxe Vehicle will be the Twilight. They just can't ignore this ship. It still won't be the correct size, which is fine by me, but it will still be a good size, which is nice. I wish they had done something like this for the Sith Infiltrator.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2009, 02:57 AM »
Hmmmm.  Deluxe vehicle at a $65 price point?  The vehicles that come to mind are the Twilight and the Nu class shuttle.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2009, 09:32 AM »
Hmmmm.  Deluxe vehicle at a $65 price point?  The vehicles that come to mind are the Twilight and the Nu class shuttle.

While the Twilight is the more known ship, I'd MUCH rather prefer the Nu class shuttle.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2009, 12:42 PM »
I think the Deluxe Vehicle will be the Twilight.

I thought this too initially, but I just don't see it happening.  If it has any decent size to it at all, it should be a $100 item.  I bet we end up getting a rereleased shuttle or something much less cool.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today