Author Topic: CW Clone Turbo Tank  (Read 65658 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: CW Turbo Tank Coming Christmas 2009
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2009, 03:44 PM »
From Hasbro's Toy Fair Press Release:

"The next generation of STAR WARS fans are being introduced to the STAR WARS galaxy via the must-see animated series STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS airing on Cartoon Network. As a follow-up to the popular AT-TE vehicle that topped Christmas lists in 2008, the CLONE TURBO TANK is an enormous field vehicle from the animated series, designed to transport up to twenty clone troopers (sold separately) into battle. The TURBO TANK features electronic sounds, running lights, phrases from the animation, a hidden, launchable speeder bike and a removable command center."

Just like the AT-TE and BMF, it sounds like this thing is designed as both a vehicle and a playset of sorts.  I'm looking forward to getting a better look at it this weekend.  :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2009, 05:49 PM »
The TURBO TANK features electronic sounds, running lights, phrases from the animation, a hidden, launchable speeder bike and a removable command center."

AWESOME.  I'm getting more and more jazzed for this thing.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2009, 05:50 PM »
Same here.  Glad to see its in the Toy Fair announcement, so we should definitely get a look at it this weekend.  Time to start saving.  Like I said, I hope if there's a plan for a 2nd (Original Trilogy) vehicle, they give us a little heads up though.  I have to choose one or the other when they're out together like that.  That being said, for some reason the announcement of the Juggernaut makes me want to get an AT-TE even more - although I don't currently really have room for either, aside from the floor.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2009, 12:54 PM »
meh...Looks very small as I thought it would be - especially compared to the speederbike.  I'm sure there's more hidden within though.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2009, 02:25 PM »
You had to figure with the size of that box that it would be scaled down somewhat.  But the sculpt looks good and I'm looking forward to adding it to my collection.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2009, 02:32 PM »
Agreed with Nicklab... can't wait to get this thing.   :)

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2009, 04:45 PM »
Tank is actually facing backwards in this pic. The dome without the gun is in front and the dome with the gun should be in back. Reference boxed pic.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2009, 04:53 PM »
You mean it's ass-backwards?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2009, 05:02 PM »
Tank is actually facing backwards in this pic. The dome without the gun is in front and the dome with the gun should be in back. Reference boxed pic.

Well, technically there is no "backwards" to this thing right?  Don't they have drivers on both ends of the Tank?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2009, 11:52 PM »
Juggernaughts came in at least two varieties...  Basically the same thing, only smaller.  There's actually possibly more, and possibly smaller, depending on the EU.  The concept art for it had it massive, like an AT-AT, while EU's slipped them in here and there and they get increasingly smaller.  Likewise the one in ROTS was smaller than the concept art (and the concept art's actually been used in EU itself).

So consider the Juggernaught kind of like the Octuparra droid...  It maybe comes ina  lot of different sizes, from pretty tiny all the way to friggin' huge.  That EU BS is maybe enough for me to ignore the scale issues on this...  I'll only be buying one of these though I'm pretty sure.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2009, 10:15 AM »
Too bad the picture is small, but cool to see none the less.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2009, 04:08 PM »
I too am looking forward to larger, more detailed pictures.

I think it was taken at that angle to show the where the speeder bike will shoot out of.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2009, 08:14 PM »
Looks like there's some more pics up at the otheR Site's coverage, including the presentation pics.

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2009, 03:56 AM »
This vehicle looks huge with lots of playability.  I was wondering how the speeder fits with the tank; there is speeder garage in the underside of the vehicle (did not know that).  Wonder if this will carry the BMF or AT-TE price tag?

Update:  Nevermind, I just read that Approximate Retail Price: $99.99.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 04:06 AM by King_Maul »