Author Topic: CW Clone Turbo Tank  (Read 65664 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: CW Turbo Tank Coming Christmas 2009
« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2009, 10:00 AM »
Looks really fun and looks like another huge (no pun intended) winner. I'll be anxious to pick it up.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2009, 12:41 PM »
This seems like a lot more fun than the AT TE, which I don't have still (no room).  It will do very well, I imagine, and hopefully we will see more of this kind of thing in the future.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2009, 01:03 PM »
I'm really looking forward to this! ;D
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2009, 08:16 PM »
Update:  Nevermind, I just read that Approximate Retail Price: $99.99.

I dunno......I have a bad feeling about that MSRP for some reason "due to the current state of our economy"
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #64 on: February 16, 2009, 01:26 AM »
I've soured a bit since seeing photos...  It's not as impressive to me as the AT-TE is, so I'm just not sure on this now.  I would consider it for cheaper but at full price I think I'll pass...  My minds changed on a lot of the stuff since TF.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 16, 2009, 10:34 AM »
I feel the same way.  Just seems kinda lame to me for some reason, but I'm sure I'll still cave.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 16, 2009, 10:34 AM »
There is an actual video of the Tank, funny how the speeder is shoot out, I'm looking the original plan sketck to compare...

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/events/tf2009_watch_the_turbo_tank_in_action_121149.asp

That tank is ok, will look cool for display or in a nice diorama.

Here the real stuff.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 10:48 AM by Theta 288 »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 16, 2009, 11:04 AM »
Here's the direct link to the video. Still's don't do it justice, this will be an awesome toy.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JDH1173

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm not just a member, I'm also the owner!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 16, 2009, 11:14 AM »
It looks like a lot of fun and I'm sure the kid will be pleading for it when he sees one up close. Parts of it seem a little goofy like a spring loaded BARC and a removable command center.  But I don't blame them for it.  It's all in the name of play value for the kids.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 16, 2009, 11:55 AM »
Easy pass.  Kids already have an AT-TE - no room or desire for another $100 toy.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2009, 01:50 PM »
It looks like a lot of fun and I'm sure the kid will be pleading for it when he sees one up close. Parts of it seem a little goofy like a spring loaded BARC and a removable command center.  But I don't blame them for it.  It's all in the name of play value for the kids.

And I was thinking that those were some of the coolest features.  I also think the Corw's Nest is kinda cool.  Definitely a lot of play value with this one.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 16, 2009, 03:24 PM »
I'm disappointed with the size of it, but it will still be fun to own. (waits for the inevitable misquote...)

Still, it's packed with a lot of features. While I don't "play" with my toys, it will be neat to "test" the features from time to time...

I'm only getting one though. No need for more than that.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 17, 2009, 08:59 AM »
I am fine with it.  Besides I am sure we will all be able to find it for $75 about 4-6 weeks after it is released.  You know how that goes.  It looks like a fun vehicle to me.  I was never expecting it to be close to "scale" or all that big really.  I like most of the features on it. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 17, 2009, 09:47 AM »
It will all depend on budget at the time for me, but it does look pretty cool.  Like I mentioned before, I still haven't picked up an AT-TE - and would like to - so it might be one or the other for me.  Then, if some unannounced OT vehicle comes up, that will change things too.  It might just be because we've seen a couple of large vehicles now - but it doesn't seem like the forums are "buzzing" about this one quite as much as the AT-TE (or even the Falcon) last year.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #74 on: February 17, 2009, 07:59 PM »
I think that could be because we've been clamoring for an AT-TE since 2002 and a Millenium Falcon that we could put figures in the cockpit since 1995.

The Turbo Tank by comparison has had far less demand.
This is the way.

I have spoken.