Author Topic: Kyle Katarn &... A New DarkTrooper?  (Read 19166 times)

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Kyle Katarn &... A New DarkTrooper?
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2009, 11:58 AM »
Ok its not the TFU "Purge Trooper either" but is nice & hope they make it too ;D

« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 12:03 PM by Theta 288 »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2009, 12:21 PM »
That figure looks awesome!
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2009, 12:32 PM »
Purge Trooper looks like those robots from X-Men. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Corax

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2009, 12:48 PM »
As Nicklab said Kyle Katarn comes with the Yuuzhan Vong in a comic pack.  They are based off their appearance in the Star Wars Tales story Equals and Opposites.

Hasbro had said we're getting a Katarn in a comic pack with the Vong soldier, but the problem is, I don't recall Katarn wearing his video game gear (ala this figure) in the comic book (as I noted earlier).  The Comic in SW Tales I thought had Katarn as a Jedi Knight in robes and things...  Wasn't he protecting refugees from the Vong in that storyline?
Or are there multiple NJO-era Katarn storylines that have him sporting his Infiltrator/video game duds?

Either way I'm quite happy to get a new Katarn figure that pretty accurately represents his video game look.  He's even young (no grey) looking which really supports his video game characters (the first 2 anyway) over the NJO look.  Pretty cool...  The Trooper I think is going to be the new Spacetrooper Hasbro had mentioned somewhere along the line.  Bummer as the Dark Trooper would be much cooler IMO, but whatever.  The Purge Trooper was hinted at on other boards but I think this is another Thrawn Trilogy comic pack figure on the way.  I wonder who it'll come with though?

No this is the outfit he wore from the comic.  Technically this isn't his DFII Jedi Knight outfit, it's close but not quite right for that appearance.

You can see images of Kyle from the comic here: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Katarnnjo.JPG

This image shows the outfit that this figure has: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Kyle.jpg

This is the best image of how Kyle looked in DF Jedi Knight: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Dfh3.jpg

and finally how he looked in Jedi Outcast: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:MediumStyle.JPG

As far as I know I don't think Kyle Katarn has ever worn traditional Jedi robes in any of his appearances.  I know his description in the LotF series matched how he looked in  Jedi Outcast.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2009, 01:23 PM »
Ah ok, I was thinking of a SW Tales (Equals and Opposites) when he's in a robe disguised, but he's wearing basically his same outfit you pictured there Corax, plus his coat he wore in Dark Forces actually (pretty neat).  This makes a pretty great figure for any era then, that's good.  I'm gonna make a jacketed custom now too for Dark Forces, maybe with a younger looking head as well. 

he is ripped, but really a guy like him should be pretty ripped, and even his live-action dude in Jedi Knight was a fair sized guy, so I dig the figure a lot.  It's pretty accurate.  Better than the Baron Fel that, I think, they made look hideous with the shoulder joints.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2009, 01:57 PM »
I'm thinking the trooper posted earlier is a Space Trooper. I believe Hasbro confirmed or hinted at an update in the Q&As, plus the blaster in the arm is something of a giveaway.

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2009, 05:05 PM »
Hope this will be a spacetrooper or a darktrooper. Itīs time for Hasbro to make dark troopers phase I and II. I want to collect them if they appear.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2009, 03:20 PM »
I'm thinking the trooper posted earlier is a Space Trooper. I believe Hasbro confirmed or hinted at an update in the Q&As, plus the blaster in the arm is something of a giveaway.

I believe you're right on that one, I just hope it's not a comic pack and we have to buy a non-army builder guy just get the space trooper.  I want 10 but don't know what I'd do if he comes with a C'boath
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2009, 10:18 AM »
I just hope it's not a comic pack and we have to buy a non-army builder guy just get the space trooper.  I want 10 but don't know what I'd do if he comes with a C'boath

Same here.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2009, 02:11 PM »
Same here & dont give them ideas  :)

I know some of you guys are richer than I, but I painfully paid  $273 for 20 white Republic Commando's comic packs, thats not including Omega & Delta squad  :P

I missed alot of more cuz I didn't have money left for the rest on the pegs, next time I was there there were none. I wish it was a single pack back then.

If we get this (Spacetrooper) figure as a single for $6.94, it would be ideal, we can get "40  figures" for that amount I have paid for my Commandos.

Or more convenient, if they make a pack including two Space/Dark trooper,  as they did with the dumb battle droids, I would become Hasbro's whore  :)

Do or are we still have chance to cry before Hasbro & make a petition as how we would love to be this figure be packed or released? <---Ahem!..excuse my ignorance  :)

« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 11:49 PM by Theta 288 »

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2009, 11:10 PM »
Crap...well, I like Kyle Katarn, but the Yuzahn Vong are crappity crap. I'll be keeping the Katarn figure and trading away the standard and unimaginative alien enemy Yuzhan Vong.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2009, 11:11 PM »
Unloading an army builder won't be hard...  Even if it's a clear Star Trek ripoff army builder. :)

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2009, 09:03 AM »
Lucky  :)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 11:02 PM by Theta 288 »

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2009, 12:18 AM »
When will those figures be available? I'm really anxious about buying Kyle Katarn.

Online Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2009, 08:27 PM »
When will those figures be available? I'm really anxious about buying Kyle Katarn.

August.  For both Kyle Katarn in his 2-pack, and the Dark Trooper which is a BAF from the WalMart exclusive Droid Factory 2-packs.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback