Author Topic: Clone Wars Remote Control Vehicles  (Read 7547 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Clone Wars Remote Control Vehicles
« on: January 20, 2009, 09:30 PM »
Just a short-term thread till we figure out what the RC stuff is we're getting...  Rumors are a BARC Speeder and Gunship (Droid kind), but are they even figure scale?  Eh. 

Our front page has a Target list listing them though, and I'm anxious as I think RC could translate well to SW.  I imagine a droid Gunship isn't gonna be very big though, especially for the price listed.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Remote Control Stuff
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 09:18 AM »
Maybe a Banking Clan tank.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Corax

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 11:10 AM »
My guess is that the gunship is small considering that the article says that it can recharge by plugging into the remote.  The BARC speeder though could easily be compatable with the figures, I just hope that the pilot is removable so we can put whoever we want on the BARC speeder.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 04:07 PM »
Good scoop on the DCPI's guys. 

Between the UK toy fair handout and this info, it does seem like the Droid Gunship will be offered with R/C features. 

The Droid Gunship would be a very nice addition.  Although I had been hoping for that as part of the assault vehicles line and appropriately sized. 

I have higher hopes for the functionality of the BARC speeder, but the size might be off.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 07:15 PM »
How do we know that the Gunship is Droid? The UK Article that mentions the R/C stuff only say Helicopter gunship. From my reading I'm infering that the R/C stuff isn't meant to work with the figures but will rather be yet another subline. (Like Mighty Muggs or Customz) Here's the article if anyone is curious:

UK Toy Fair

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2009, 11:25 PM »
I'm personally thinking that, if we're lucky, the BARC will look normal with figures...  If the gunship's this cheap I think it'll be something simple, and very small, and not meant to go with the figures.  This this thread's kind of a temp thing just to talk and speculate on RC crap.  It could easily wind up in the other collectibles area when we see pics.

Others have speculated on RC astromechs...  I think that's a good possibility too.  They seem to do well overseas, and even imported.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2009, 08:35 AM »
My thinking of not figure related stems from the mention of the R/C stuff in the article not being with the normal Star Wars stuff but rather on it's own. The RC astromechs are a good guess, but that 6-inch RC R2-D2 kinda throws that off. With a $17 price tag, I don't think the R/C stuff will be that great... It would be neat if they interact with figures but I'm not holding my breath. In any case, I'm really looking forward to Toy Fair to find out more.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Remote Control: Flying Republic Gunship
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2009, 09:05 AM »
This reminds me of the Vertibird helicopters.

Credit: actionfigurenews.ca
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 09:33 AM by DSJ™ »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Remote Control: Flying Republic Gunship
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2009, 09:12 AM »
I'm sure that that's all this is, but in SW form. Neat, but something I won't pick up.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Remote Control: Flying Republic Gunship
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2009, 09:20 AM »
Yeah, I think you're right.  Not something I'll pick up either, but those Havoc Heli things seem to be crazy popular with the kiddos, so I could see why they're doing this.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Clone Wars Remote Control Vehicles
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2009, 02:06 PM »
That's what I was guessing we were gonna get...  A Havoc Heli shaped like a Gunship.  Very cool toy idea but there's no way this is going to be meant to go with the figures. ;)  Maybe the miniatures line, but not the action figures.

I still think it looks neat.  Might be worth picking up if the battery lasts a while.  Chase the cats around with it or something.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2009, 10:13 AM »
With the apparent popularity of the CW stuff with kids I can maybe see some of this RC stuff selling, but all Hasbro's past attempts at RC stuff failed pretty bad. The stuff I have was all bought on clearance.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Hasbro Radio Controlled Vehicles
« Reply #12 on: November 9, 2009, 02:54 AM »
A little preview of the upcoming RC Vehicles is posted on the front page...

Click to check it out!

It's a neat little item similar to the "Havo Heli's" you may have seen commercials for.  The little thing takes a little knack to get used to, but once you do it's pretty easy to buzz around.  Kids are sure to love it and I'm getting a real kick out of mine actually.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 9, 2009, 10:37 AM »
I'll be honest, I kind of don't like these because they take up valuable space on the action figure aisle and it's kind of a visual tease because at first glance it appears to be some kind of cool mini-rig or action figure accessory and it's not.

I wish they would stick these on separate aisle with all those new educational SW toys.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #14 on: November 9, 2009, 10:46 AM »
I wish they would stick these on separate aisle with all those new educational SW toys.

Or with the other RC items (cars, planes, helicopters and the like).  ;)

I have the Gunship too, but I have yet to try it out. I'm looking forward to strafing my dogs with it.  ;D
« Last Edit: November 9, 2009, 10:47 AM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird