Author Topic: Clone Wars ARC-170 (Imperial Deco)  (Read 32215 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars ARC-170 (Imperial Deco)
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2009, 06:11 PM »
Didn't know which thread to post this in, but this price point seems like a perfect opportunity to redo the Sith Infiltrator that everyone said would never be re/upscaled.  Granted the ship would probably still be small, but anything would look better than the $20 TAC version we got a couple years ago.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 5, 2009, 11:20 AM »
I dunno. If they're going to do the infiltrator, they might as well go full steam and make it as big as the Queens starship. But then again, anything bigger than what we got would be welcome.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2009, 12:57 AM »
Saw a couple of these at a mom & pop shop today.  Was able to keep from buying one.  But was very surprised to see it priced at $49.99.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2009, 01:40 PM »
Saw a couple of these at a mom & pop shop today.  Was able to keep from buying one.  But was very surprised to see it priced at $49.99.

Dude, this store rocks! Do they have a website?

I would actually buy it for $50.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2009, 01:44 PM »
Dude, this store rocks! Do they have a website?

No **** man!  ;D  Nick seems to have found everything during our lull.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2009, 01:46 PM »
Just a bit of luck.  They have a website, but don't conduct any e-commerce.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2009, 01:56 PM »
Just a bit of luck.  They have a website, but don't conduct any e-commerce.

Thanks for the info. Nice finds and nice price!
I too would prefer to give my money to the independent business instead of the big box stores.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 28, 2009, 06:41 PM »
My local Toys R Us had two of these on the shelf today, and while I could go into my shock, dismay, anger, bewilderment, nausea, confusion, denial (as in "This has to be a mistake"), and/or amusement, I won't.  I'll just let the price speak for itself:

$79.99

Okay, I will make one comment.  HOLY.  *******.  ****.   :o

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 28, 2009, 06:50 PM »
My local Toys R Us had two of these on the shelf today, and while I could go into my shock, dismay, anger, bewilderment, nausea, confusion, denial (as in "This has to be a mistake"), and/or amusement, I won't.  I'll just let the price speak for itself:

$79.99

That's just so...wrong on many levels.  You pretty much hit most of them there Doc.  How can this be $79.99 if their exclusive Crumb Gunship is only going to be $59.99  ???

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 29, 2009, 12:15 PM »
Yikes, I hope this is a case of TRU overpricing - or a mistake, because...yikes.  I wasn't going to pick this one up anyways, but have been thinking about the Y-Wing.  If it will indeed be $80, that takes me from being on the fence to a definite "no" or "wait for clearance".  I just don't see how many people would be willing to pay $80 for this assortment in general.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 29, 2009, 12:17 PM »
I won't buy the ARC for any of the prices it is going for but Target is selling them for $65 (I think some even $60) so that makes it a little less expensive when the Y Wing does get released.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #71 on: July 29, 2009, 12:32 PM »
This is a sweet deco but not $80, $70 or $60 for that matter. $50 is pushing it big time but I could possibly could have swallowed that. Despite inflation how can TRU (who still has the last arc ship for $45 on shelf BTW) justify a $35 increase? This is truly a WTF moment.

$45 is the right ridiculous price to charge for the former $30 vehicle. $39.99 is the right price for this assortment but as I said earlier $50 would have been in a realm of sanity and only because it might open doors for new/resculpted ships. This has not L&S's, No figures included nothing different. The deco is not even as elaborate as the Space Whale Version.

I think we really do need to vote with our wallets on this one. Screw the Y-Wing I can live without it and I surely can live without this redecoed ARC.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #72 on: July 29, 2009, 12:44 PM »
Hasbro is fully aware that the ARC-170 sucks.  At Toy Fair, they made a point of saying - "Yeah, we know - sorry".

The real problem was a delay in manufacturing the Y-Wing.  The Y-Wing got delayed, but Target and Walmart already had planograms set, so they wanted something, anything to go in that spot until the Y-Wing would be ready.

Essentially, the Imperial ARC-170 is the vehicle version of a "repaint wave" that was created simply to hold the shelf space until the Y-Wing was ready.  Hasbro knows the value isn't really there, but they had to give Target/Walmart something to fill that space.

And the $80 TRU price?  Ugh.   ::)  Last check of the computers had Target at $64.99 for the DLX ship line and Walmart was still listing $59.96 for them (for now).
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #73 on: July 29, 2009, 01:42 PM »
Hasbro is fully aware that the ARC-170 sucks.  At Toy Fair, they made a point of saying - "Yeah, we know - sorry".

The real problem was a delay in manufacturing the Y-Wing.  The Y-Wing got delayed, but Target and Walmart already had planograms set, so they wanted something, anything to go in that spot until the Y-Wing would be ready.

Essentially, the Imperial ARC-170 is the vehicle version of a "repaint wave" that was created simply to hold the shelf space until the Y-Wing was ready.  Hasbro knows the value isn't really there, but they had to give Target/Walmart something to fill that space.

And the $80 TRU price?  Ugh.   ::)  Last check of the computers had Target at $64.99 for the DLX ship line and Walmart was still listing $59.96 for them (for now).

That understandable but actually makes it worse on their part knowing how lame it was when they could have done more to make it better. Why not stuff some figures in there to balance it out?
Depending on the scale $65 may be acceptable for the Y-Wing, never for the ARC.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #74 on: July 29, 2009, 11:33 PM »

$79.99

Saw this myself at a TRU this evening (JOT: the Golf Mill store as an FYI) and indeed it was 79.99. Holy hannah, what an insane price, but if what Jeff was told by Hasbro is correct then the retailers are shooting themselves in the foot as this ship may very well rot on shelves.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot