Author Topic: Clone Wars ARC-170 (Imperial Deco)  (Read 32214 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars ARC-170 (Imperial Deco)
« Reply #75 on: July 29, 2009, 11:56 PM »
Jeff is right, but TRU charging $79.99 is just so wrong.  They can rot on their supply as Targets and WM's should still be at $59.99-$64.99 which is still way too high and I hope they rot at that price point as well.  People have to quit buying this **** to show Hasbro a lesson.   I really want the new Y-Wing, but I'm not bending over for this stuff.  Will wait for my Target 10% coupon before I bite and then I'll call it a day.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 30, 2009, 12:06 AM »
This all started a few years ago with Target exclusive $12.99 figures like Lava Vader and assorted non-movie clones.

I said this then, and I'll say it now, those should have all been left to rot on the pegs, hopefully almost all of us leave the ARC-170 on the shelf now.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 30, 2009, 01:40 AM »
Especially considering those "Lava" figures were of terrible ROTS versions of Anakin and Obi Wan to begin with... just a cheezy gimmick that some collectors fell for... those people who bought those left me scratching my head... it's really funny too, I always see dealers at collectors shows trying to sell them.  Nobody, and mean NOBODY seems interested in them.   :D

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 30, 2009, 11:57 PM »
I said this on the other site.  I literally laughed out loud when I saw the price tag at TRU.  What made it funnier was they were selling their B-Wings for $20 that were originally $45 I believe?  It's a decent repaint and all but Jesus $79.99???  It's just comical.  Good luck selling that TRU. 

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 31, 2009, 01:16 PM »
Thought I'd throw this out there.....My Target reset yesterday and they had 4 ARCs. 

Today = 0    Makes you wonder. 
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 31, 2009, 04:01 PM »
Thought I'd throw this out there.....My Target reset yesterday and they had 4 ARCs. 

Ebay bait ::)
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 1, 2009, 06:55 AM »

Normallly I'd assume they were damaged in a natural disaster or a mob of unruly children, but then I saw this in the recent purchases thread:

Scored the following this morning:
2x Turbo Tank
2x Imperial ARC-170
2x Turbo Tank Support Squad (Deluxe)
2x Jet Pack Clones (Deluxe)
1x ARF Trooper
1x Gree
2x Yularen
1x Jawa 2-pack

Apparently there are people out there that will buy this no matter what.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 1, 2009, 08:39 AM »
It was hilarious seeing this at TRU... $80 for this while the same ship was sitting at $45 right below it.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 1, 2009, 10:21 AM »
It was hilarious seeing this at TRU... $80 for this while the same ship was sitting at $45 right below it.

I was wondering if stores still had the Wampa version. You'd think they'd try to display them as far from one another as possible to hope people didn't notice.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 1, 2009, 10:50 AM »
Saw these at Target in SoCal. I'm glad I'm passing on these.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 1, 2009, 02:07 PM »

I was wondering if stores still had the Wampa version. You'd think they'd try to display them as far from one another as possible to hope people didn't notice.

I went to two TRUs on Thursday - both still have the Wampa version and both had the ARCs displayed right next to each other.

VERY STUPID.

I almost thought about trying to get them to ring up the Imperial ARC for the Wampa ARC price.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #86 on: August 1, 2009, 03:05 PM »

I went to two TRUs on Thursday - both still have the Wampa version and both had the ARCs displayed right next to each other.

VERY STUPID.

I almost thought about trying to get them to ring up the Imperial ARC for the Wampa ARC price.

Why didn't you, Pete?
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #87 on: August 1, 2009, 04:13 PM »

VERY STUPID.

It works, especially if there is no price tag for the new Imperial version.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 2, 2009, 03:14 PM »
TRU's pricing makes me regret passing on this for $59.99 when I had the chance.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 2, 2009, 03:28 PM »
I've seen this now at a Target I went to yesterday and one I went to this morning.  I would like to own it but just not now.