Author Topic: CW Deluxe Figure & Vehicle Line  (Read 164638 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: CW Deluxe Figure & Vehicle Line
« Reply #165 on: January 28, 2010, 10:43 AM »
Thanks, I have noted this as well. However, since STL is a lot further east than Cali, I am hopeful these could actually show up any day.

Now the new TCW figure waves that have been spotted in Cali, THOSE will probably take awhile to get here. Rats!

With me, it's not the gas I need to conserve, it's the time. I have such limited windows for hunting now, any saved effort is a plus.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 29, 2010, 09:58 AM »
Not finding these dirty bastages ANYWHERE...seven Walmarts in this town and none of them have re-stocked since X-Mas.  >:(

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 13, 2010, 08:29 PM »
Just looking at some of the slides, and it looks like this line will have some nice offerings come Fall or so.  Lots of speeder/speeder bike type stuff, but a lot of new stuff as well - and it looks like this will be our way to get improved articulation on figures like Plo Koon, Cad Bane, etc.  The Anakin with Naboo Skiff looks kind of nifty too.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 13, 2010, 08:38 PM »
Yeah - I really like the Naboo Skiff. It's almost like a modern version of the Mini-Rig line - specifically the mini-version of the Imperial Shuttle mini-rig. I love when they do stuff like this.

I'm also glad we're going to get that Mandalorian speeder bike this quickly, when I first saw it in the episode, I had hoped we'd see it one day in the deluxe line.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #169 on: February 13, 2010, 09:39 PM »
The Naboo skiff is very mini-rig esque.  I love it.  Also like the Mando Bike. 

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 13, 2010, 09:49 PM »
I agree. That Naboo Skiff is OUTSTANDING. And maybe we'll be seeing that Anakin figure's body reused for generic Naboo soldiers in the future.

And it's great to see we'll be getting a Cad Bane with knee articulation.

Wow. This is gonna be an expensive year. :-\
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 13, 2010, 10:03 PM »
I agree. That Naboo Skiff is OUTSTANDING. And maybe we'll be seeing that Anakin figure's body reused for generic Naboo soldiers in the future.

And it's great to see we'll be getting a Cad Bane with knee articulation.

Wow. This is gonna be an expensive year. :-\

Where is this skiff and slide show? Can't find a link.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #172 on: February 14, 2010, 11:29 AM »
Excellent ship. This is the best of what the deluxe should be. The worst: Obi-Wan speeder w/ sidecar. C'mon!
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 14, 2010, 11:31 AM »
Excellent ship. This is the best of what the deluxe should be. The worst: Obi-Wan speeder w/ sidecar. C'mon!

I liked that BARC with sidecar. I'm not too happy about getting yet another Obi-Wan figure, but I'm looking forward to seeing how a figure fits in the sidecar.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 15, 2010, 10:20 PM »
I'm pretty sure it might have been Rex that rode the BARC with the sidecar cannon.  But seeing as they're making a Cold Weather Gear Rex, I guess they felt the need to offer another figure with the BARC speeder.

Personally, I really like the Mandalorian with the Speeder.  Probably my favorite offering from this line.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 9, 2010, 02:48 AM »
It's really great to see the deluxes getting a little more love and not continuing they're existence as a bunch of repacks. All very nice looking sets. Oddly enough I think I'm looking forward to the Plo Koon speeder bike the most of the bunch. I'm a sucker for anything Plo, it'll look good parked alongside his new starfighter.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 9, 2010, 10:04 AM »
It's really great to see the deluxes getting a little more love and not continuing their [sic] existence as a bunch of repacks.

Agreed, wish we could say the same about the 2010 Battle Packs though...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #177 on: March 19, 2010, 02:13 AM »
I FINALLY saw the AT-RT tonight.  This thing's been a bear to pick up.  Got one, coulda gotten two, but I'll survive with one.  Gonna make a realistic ARF Trooper for it using the figure's head then, since I love their design.

It's a nice walker.  I like the walking ones, even for just the fact they walk on their own (it's neat), but this is much much nicer.  The predecessor of the AT-PT IMO, and a vehicle I liked in the movies.

It'd be neat if someone made one's headlights work.  Hmmm....  *Scratches his chin thoughtfully*
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 19, 2010, 10:51 AM »
In the latest round of Q&A, Hasbro alluded to making less of the Sport Skiff compared to the other selections in this wave, or something to that effect. Anyone else catch that?

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 19, 2010, 11:44 AM »
In the latest round of Q&A, Hasbro alluded to making less of the Sport Skiff compared to the other selections in this wave, or something to that effect. Anyone else catch that?

I think Hasbro is just trying to scare collectors who are on the fence into buying that poc.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN