Author Topic: CW Deluxe Figure & Vehicle Line  (Read 164622 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: CW Deluxe Figure & Vehicle Line
« Reply #495 on: April 13, 2012, 08:32 PM »
Nice.  I'd buy basically all those, for that price.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: April 16, 2012, 10:54 PM »
Picked up the SOTDS Republic Scout Speeder at Marshall's today for $5.99. They also had the set with the battle droid, but not as enticing. Would love to find the Wheelbike with Grievous if that one should turn up.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #497 on: April 16, 2012, 11:07 PM »
Good finds McMetal.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: April 18, 2012, 05:01 PM »
They had a lot of these at the Marshalls by my work today. 

They are $9.99 here though, not $5.99.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #499 on: April 18, 2012, 10:18 PM »
I got my Scuba Trooper from BBTS yesterday...what a piece of junk!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #500 on: April 18, 2012, 11:29 PM »
Care to expand?  :-\  Sounds like I may be down to only wanting one now.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: April 19, 2012, 01:31 AM »
I've seen that figure at retail twice now, and the clone itself looks horribly painted.

I picked up the set with the little blue ship and Anakin.  I guess it's not too bad of a set.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #502 on: April 19, 2012, 01:51 AM »
The scout ship bugged me...  I have to crowbar it into the realm of "reality" and it's just so small I found it goofy.  Like what's teh point ya know?

The Republic Scout Speeder they put out looked like a plausible tiny mobile thing that enhanced a group's sensors/ability to scan what's around them.  Like basically a tiny speederbike that's sole purpose was basically acting as a beefed up version of Han's hand-held sensor thing from Hoth ya know?

The Scuba thing, well it was in the toon so I sorta wanted it, plus I wanted to cobble together a realistic "late war" Scuba Trooper too, out of the Clone's head and maybe a 2D cartoon Scuba Clone.  I figured them to be sort of an evolution of each other or something.

The Drop Ship is the one I'm kinda into...  Like it's a sort of mini speeder/speederbike/freeco type vehicle designed to deploy a 2-man team, like a sniper team or something, and that's all.  Or even have a hitch for a medical capsule type deal like Palps picked up Luke in.  A quick way to get a wounded dude off a battlefield.

The Y-Wing and whatever Ani's little blue thing are, they're neat, but kind of harder to crowbar into the realm of reality.  how many "scout speeders" can you use really, ya know?  :)  Plus the weaponry popping off is great because, well, nothing that small is packing that much firepower, haha.  The little tiny guns on the Republic Scout Speeder are about as much as I can buy into on something that small.  Thank goodness it had those little antenna doo dads and the guns came off to basically make it look 100% passive/unarmed.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: April 19, 2012, 08:30 AM »
I opened my Republic Scout Speeder last night and came away disappointed. It's just kind of boring. The design is cool enough, but I think pretty much EVERYTHING in the Class I line should have some kind of action feature, at minimum firing missiles. Nothing on this thing shoots. They work firing missile accessories into every other carded figure it seems, so I don't see why this is so hard.

$6 is about as much as I would want to pay for this thing, so I can't complain really, but meh.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: April 19, 2012, 09:28 AM »
I found quite a few Class 1 vehicles this week. Ross had a single Clone with Scout Speeder for $8, which I picked up. TJ Maxx had 1 of each Wave 1 vehicle for $9.99 each. I picked up the Grievous and Battle Droid sets, and left Castas and the Clone set behind. I hsve to say, $10-$12 is the perfect price for these sets. It's a shame that they started out as overpriced back in 2009.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: April 19, 2012, 05:58 PM »
IIRC, someone in the Philipines who got the dropship said the cockpit is a very tight squeeze.

Yeah, the problem with some of these is that size-wise they seem inplausible even for a galaxy far, far away. But its a chore coming up with new designs to fit the price point that aren't just more BARCs, speeder bikes and STAPs.

What I disliked most about the Scout Speeder? Putting a figure on the back makes the front tip up off the ground.

I got mine during Target's glitch last year for $4 something.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #506 on: April 19, 2012, 06:33 PM »
Care to expand?  :-\  Sounds like I may be down to only wanting one now.
Yeah like CHEW says, the paint is terrible, not to mention the lack of articulation.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #507 on: April 20, 2012, 05:13 PM »
Just the figure sucks though?  Not the vehicle?

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: April 21, 2012, 08:28 PM »
Found two of the Seperatist speeder with battle droid at Marshalls for $9.99 each. I debated getting one but passed.  Usually the figure is the make or break of the deluxe line, and that droid, while having knees, still kind so-so for that price.   

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #509 on: April 27, 2012, 11:19 AM »
I got my Scuba Trooper from BBTS yesterday...what a piece of junk!

Thank you for saving me $20.  I'll go ahead and wait for them to show up at Marshall's/TJ Maxx I guess. :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender