Author Topic: CW Deluxe Figure & Vehicle Line  (Read 164642 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: CW Deluxe Figure & Vehicle Line
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2009, 06:55 PM »
a 10-year-old mini-tank mold

I must have lost my noodles on this one.  Thought it was brand new?  I guess Ep1 was that bad that I forgot about this thing?

http://www.rebelscum.com/episodeIinvarmoredtank.asp
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2009, 07:00 PM »
WOW.  I still totally don't remember that - even though I own it?  Do I own it??  I just don't remember this thing.  Anywho....

Thanks Jay.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2009, 07:28 PM »
Right now my reaction is "meh."
Can cell, a 10-year-old mini-tank mold, a 7-year-old Dooku speeder mold, the crab droid? All stuff we've gotten.
Definitely will not get Anakin/Can cell.

Granted they are "meh" to most of us, but to the younger collector who the CW is aimed, this is probably the first they are being exposed to them.

They also make sense from a marketing standpoint. It gets previous molds back onto the market to a whole new segment of collectors with little investment other than deco and packaging. They pair a figure with a "vehicle" for added kiddie play value. And hopefully if they sell "well enough" they'll pave the way for new items
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 07:29 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 1, 2009, 05:21 PM »
I actually liked this set when it first came out. It was the only way to get a pilot droid back then. I bought an extra and swapped its' arms and legs with an OOO-9 (iirc) so it would be more articulated.

I may buy one of the new deco ones now, but I'm sure it will sell well with the kiddies, since not only is a vehicle with figure, but inexpensive in comparison to other stuff. An easier pill for parents to swallow...
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #34 on: March 2, 2009, 01:00 AM »
Yeah, it came with the blue pilot droid back in the day... 

The Dooku bike is probably one of the better things considering that bike wasn't the easiest to track down back then.  Same with Ani's swoop, which both are really nice sculpts...  I may consider a Dooku bike just for custom fodder actually.  Otherwise this line isn't interesting to me either... Not yet anyway.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #35 on: March 2, 2009, 09:19 PM »
Seconding what Jay said ... those are all good choices since they put back into circulation some items that haven't been seen in years (up to 10). Sure, a lot of us have them already, but newer collectors and kids will appreciate having them available again or for the first time, respectively.

The Dooku bike isn't bad really, the mini tank is excellent for what it is, and you can never have too many crab droids. Even the can-cell isn't a bad choice considering it was in the movie and the toy was preexisting so it's easy to throw back out on the market.

I say this stuff every time but I think it bears repeating so I keep doing it. :P
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 2, 2009, 10:20 PM »
I'm really looking forward to getting Dooku's speeder bike, and I'll probably also get a couple of the mini-tanks. I'll consider buying the can-cell if the Anakin has knee articulation, which he probably does. Hopefully we'll see some new stuff later on but for now I'm pretty pleased with what's coming out.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 5, 2009, 06:08 PM »
For me the best of the bunch is the Dooku with Speeder Bike - I hope they throw some more articulation into the figure that comes with this set - knee joints would be nice.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Clone Wars Deluxe Figures
« Reply #38 on: June 8, 2009, 04:06 AM »
We've got some carded images of upcoming Deluxe Clone Wars figures for your viewing pleasure on the front page.  These appear to be due out before too long.  The emphasis on army building with the first couple is nice at least.  These should be fairly popular with the kiddies I'd think.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars Deluxe Figures
« Reply #39 on: June 8, 2009, 10:50 AM »
What was the price on these again - $25   ???
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #40 on: June 8, 2009, 11:36 AM »
What was the price on these again - $25   ???

No, not $25 (things are getting bad, but they're not that bad yet).  Should be in the $15-17 range...

087-06-0303 - Deluxe Fig w/Vehicle ($15.99)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 8, 2009, 12:36 PM »
Still a pass for me. Was a time I would have bought the Turbo Tank set just for the gun. Not now. The gun just doesn't look right to me and I don't want/need animated clones.

Man, SW is getting easier and easier to pass up nowadays. It's a shame too. I never thought I'd get to this point. Then again, my pocketbook (and wife) thank me...LOL.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2009, 06:17 PM »
Saw the first wave of these today at a mom & pop shop.  They had the Crab Droid, Armored Scout Tank, BARC Speeder and Anakin with Can-cell.  They looked okay.  I was really only interested in the Armored Scout Tank and Crab Droid, but left them all behind.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2009, 03:48 AM »
As per the front page, our buddy CorranHorn spotted the new deluxe CW figures on the pegs (Crab Droid, BARC w/Trooper, Anakin w/Cancel, and Blue BD w/mini-tank.

The new look is arriving in dribs and drabs, but the rest cannot be too far behind I'd wager.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2009, 08:15 AM »
Do we know what store these were spotted at?

I can't believe how far behind I am now. OUCH!!!!!
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within