Author Topic: CW Deluxe Figure & Vehicle Line  (Read 164618 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: CW Deluxe Figure & Vehicle Line
« Reply #75 on: July 24, 2009, 11:07 PM »
Too bad the Obi-Wan w/the Freeco Speeder is wrong. Weren't he and Anakin wearing cold-weather gear in this episode?

Great chance to make worth-while entry in this line wasted.

A mere cost savings tactic. We'll get OWK, Anakin and Rex in Cold Weather Gear on individual cards.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 26, 2009, 12:49 PM »
A mere cost savings tactic. We'll get OWK, Anakin and Rex in Cold Weather Gear on individual cards.

Yeah - except that those Obi-Wan and Anakin figures won't fit in the speeder!
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 28, 2009, 06:21 PM »

Why do I get the sneaking suspicion that you'll be right on this?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #78 on: July 28, 2009, 06:36 PM »

Why do I get the sneaking suspicion that you'll be right on this?

Hopefully they'll address the potential sitting problem by giving them soft goods "skirts" like the HRT.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 28, 2009, 06:52 PM »
Picked up the Crab Droid and Can Cell today (because I never bought them in the ROTS days) and as others have stated, wow what a waste of packaging. They must have added all the packaging they saved on the new carded figs to put in these deluxe figs.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 28, 2009, 06:55 PM »
wow what a waste of packaging. They must have added all the packaging they saved on the new carded figs to put in these deluxe figs.

That'd be a good question for a QnA.  Would love to see someone call Hasbro out on that.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 6, 2009, 12:01 AM »
I've got to wonder about something with this segment of the line.  Especially since the Mandalorians will come into play in the new season of Clone Wars.  Could they perhaps put a Basilisk war droid in this part of the line if the Mandos use them?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #82 on: August 10, 2009, 02:59 PM »
Personally. I think the package came after the pricepoint...Hasbro decides to create new "deluxe" line, and prices it out.  They figure out it's going to be about 17.99.  Initially hoping to offer these on a card, they create GIANT packaging to make parents feel justified for spending the money.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #83 on: August 10, 2009, 04:09 PM »
Personally. I think the package came after the pricepoint...Hasbro decides to create new "deluxe" line, and prices it out.  They figure out it's going to be about 17.99.  Initially hoping to offer these on a card, they create GIANT packaging to make parents feel justified for spending the money.

You are correct, it's a price value statement. It justifies the purchase despite all of the air in the package.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #84 on: August 10, 2009, 04:21 PM »
There is also the fact of the packaging size/dimensions for these are standardized. The Jetpack and Turbo Tank Clones amplify the feeling of wasted packaging, while other sets like the Crab Droid, BARC, Can-cell & Scout Tank (and soon the Freeco and Dooku Speeders) fill it out.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 15, 2009, 10:51 AM »
Has anyone asked Hasbro why they couldn't put the Gunpod for the Gunship along with a Clone Wars animated Pilot in this assortment?

While I don't relish paying $15.99 per gunpod, it's certainly better than paying $9 more just to get the same thing with a second figure.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #86 on: August 18, 2009, 03:40 PM »
Has anyone asked Hasbro why they couldn't put the Gunpod for the Gunship along with a Clone Wars animated Pilot in this assortment?

While I don't relish paying $15.99 per gunpod, it's certainly better than paying $9 more just to get the same thing with a second figure.

That's actually a good point but on the other side you need gunners to man these pods. I have sold all of my Saga Clone Pilots in preparation to swap with these pilots for my gunships. Every 2 Battlepacks will complete my Gunship Crew so I do not mind too much. This would make a great pack in this assortment.

I would love to see some of the old mini rigs rereleased if the tooling is still available. Hell, they are rereleasing 25 year+ Joe vehicles for the movie in the small vehicle assortments.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 18, 2009, 05:02 PM »
...I would love to see some of the old mini rigs rereleased if the tooling is still available. Hell, they are rereleasing 25 year+ Joe vehicles for the movie in the small vehicle assortments.

And yet I STILL keep missing that water moccasin boat...
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 18, 2009, 05:15 PM »
...I would love to see some of the old mini rigs rereleased if the tooling is still available. Hell, they are rereleasing 25 year+ Joe vehicles for the movie in the small vehicle assortments.

And yet I STILL keep missing that water moccasin boat...

TRU will have it as an exclusive soonish...in a wonderful shade of green no less.  Too bad you don't need a Skyhawk or I could have helped you.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #89 on: August 18, 2009, 11:32 PM »
I think, ironically, the "Clone Pilot" wasn't who manned the gunship pods in the movie though...  Wasn't it regular Troopers inside the gun pods? 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77