Author Topic: CW Deluxe Figure & Vehicle Line  (Read 165023 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: CW Deluxe Figure & Vehicle Line
« Reply #135 on: October 9, 2009, 03:10 PM »
The figures actually make the deluxe price a little more worth it this time too, as the Obi-Wan and Dooku with added articulation are pretty good improvements over the original releases. 

How much added?  I have heard they have knee articulation and soft goods (Skirt on Obi-Wan, Cape on Dooku), anything else?

Yeah, that is basically it.  Both now have articulated knees and ankles, as well as soft good skirts (and Dooku with his cape).  Not much I guess, but it really improves both I think.  I never could get the previous version of Dooku to stay standing, and it is no problem with this one.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 9, 2009, 04:11 PM »
Yeah, but when will we see these in STORES!?!?  ???
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JabbaJoe

• Jedi Initiate
  • Life Sucks and Beats you Down and then you Die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 9, 2009, 04:18 PM »
Yeah, but when will we see these in STORES!?!?  ???

My thoughts exactly!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #138 on: November 7, 2009, 12:25 AM »
Check your local Aldi's...  If you have them.

I found Deluxes for $13 after tax tonight, including the more recent sets (Freeco & Dooku).
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 7, 2009, 01:24 AM »
Check your local Aldi's...  If you have them.

I found Deluxes for $13 after tax tonight, including the more recent sets (Freeco & Dooku).

Aldi's?  Aldi's?  Seriously.  Thanks for the tip!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #140 on: November 7, 2009, 02:53 AM »
Yup.  Actually it's not a precedent either...  They get toys in semi-routinely year round, but only recently (this year I believe) started getting Star Wars in.  Aldi's have sprouted up locally in the last couple years so this is a nice thing.  I got comic packs (Moff Trachta Wave) for $9.99 a while back earlier this year.

This current stuff seems like their overstock for Christmas.  Not bad if you're looking for any of the Deluxe.  I almost got the TT Gunners for the guns.  I may still go back for those. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #141 on: December 29, 2009, 08:59 PM »
We got a couple more Deluxe figure images tonight...

Check out Commander Cody & BARC, as well as Anakin & Sport Skiff on our front page www.JediDefender.com.

I actually like the BARC and may be suckered into buying that one on sale for my 212th Troopers.  I've pondered buying the current BARC for a 501st Trooper to cruise on too.  I'm easy like that I guess, but the orange deco's slick looking.

That Sport Skiff though...  ugh.  If the Anakin's an improved figure ala Obi-Wan, that's at least a positive there.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #142 on: December 29, 2009, 09:19 PM »
Cody sure is getting a lot of love in the CW line

2 basic carded (2008 & 2009)
2 two pack releases (2008 TRU & 2009 WM)
1 battle pack release (Assault on Ryloth)

and now this set - he's starting to give Rex a run for his money.  :P
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 29, 2009, 11:27 PM »
I may pass on the first two repacks, but I'd probably lay money down for the new Anakin Skiff and the Cody.  Not overly enthused about them though.  And per Jay's comments, what is with all the Cody love lately? 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #144 on: December 29, 2009, 11:44 PM »
He is a badass...  He gets about as much play as Rex in the toon too, but it does seem excessive to a degree.

I almost picked one up tonight in the 2-packs at WM but passed.  I thought maybe I'd display him with Rex, then I figured piss on it.  Stuff like that is the wasting of money I don't need to be doing.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 30, 2009, 11:42 AM »
OH SNAP!!!

January is going to be a great month for the TCW line...these both look awesome and I can't wait for them to start showing up at retail!

Why no pics of the AT-RT set though? I am super psyched for that one and it is supposed to be in this same wave.

Thanks for posting those photos Mods!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 31, 2009, 01:25 AM »
I'm not sure why, but I am actually pretty excited to get my hands on the Anakin and Sport Skiff set.

I have the old POTF2 release with Luke, but it's buried somewhere, I've always meant to pull it out and display it with a more modern ANH Luke figure - like the one from the Resurgence of the Jedi BP.

As a kid I always loved the mini-rigs so the Sport Skiff to me was a modern mini-rig. I really hope Hasbro keeps this line going with mini-rig-like vehicles for the Clones and Separatist forces. If they come out with new molds/vehicle designs, I'd even forgive (and support) them putting out rapid-fire repaints to help defer the tooling costs.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 4, 2010, 01:17 PM »
I was completely shocked at what I came acros at Target yeterday...

SO I get to the toy aisle (which is a complete mess - Star Wars figures thrown across the shelves like a stampede of toddlers got to them) and I happen across the REMAINS of a Dooku/Speederbike Deluxe set. Someone, with probably a switchblade, make a clean vertical cut into the front of plastic window and proceeded to steal only the Dooku. What shocked me was the nerve they had to just leave the ruined package there, with only the speederbike - they even left that little plastic stand that holds up the figure inside the package!  :o

Now imagine if that thief had been caught on the spot - he/she would have had their record tainted over a damn action figure that sells for only $8.00 carded!  ::)
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 4, 2010, 04:04 PM »
I remember the days when **** like this was $9.99.  And they allocated tooling $$ to the sku.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 7, 2010, 11:32 AM »
At least the AT-RT is in there.  That actually may be worth the $16.99 pricetag.  Or at least close to it.  The Desert Skiff and others not so much.  My son did get the Can-Cel and Anakin set for Christmas.  At least that Anakin has knee articulation and a soft goods "skirt" so he can actually ride in vehicles, etc.  It was not worth $16.99 but I did not have to buy it! I am just happy he is actually playing with the big bug.