Author Topic: CW Deluxe Figure & Vehicle Line  (Read 164653 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: CW Deluxe Figure & Vehicle Line
« Reply #225 on: August 18, 2010, 11:46 AM »
Is the Mando on bike set out at retail yet?  That is the only one I haven't seen - and probably will get.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 18, 2010, 11:46 AM »
Is the Mando on bike set out at retail yet?  That is the only one I haven't seen - and probably will get.

People have found this at TRU if I remember correctly.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #227 on: August 18, 2010, 01:23 PM »
I found mine at Wally World.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #228 on: August 18, 2010, 02:20 PM »
I picked it up yesterday out of boredom. It's ok, the Mano can pass for a skinny real Mando. I think he Pirate Bike set is the best thus far, the figure I great and bike is very interesting.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #229 on: September 4, 2010, 01:34 AM »
I picked up the Mando w/Speederbike at Wal-Mart tonight...  Not shabby, but not the best value either, when compared to other items in this line.  The bike's kind of tiny is all.  I think it's neat, and would really have loved to pick up 3 of these, but only if they were priced lower.  I really find the "Deluxe" line less of a value for some reason.  It feels like it's a buttload of packaging, and just not much toy compared to price.  Maybe it's just this vehicle's smaller size makes me feel that wayt hough because I didn't feel such a gripe in me on the Cad Bane bike.

I passed on Obi's bike with the sidecar, but I may reverse that.  I figure if wave 2 ships much, that bike will be more easily available. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 7, 2010, 09:21 AM »
I also got this yesterday - it was the first time I saw it at retail.  I agree with everything Jesse said above in regards to price and overall value of this deluxe line.  So far I have picked up this set and the Bane set, and I will probably also pick up the Anakin set at some point too. 

But the value isn't really there for me.  I am not opening these and saving the receipts, waiting for a sale with a better price.  Target's price isnt terrible at $16, but when you have $17 and $18 at WM and TRU - that is just tiping the scale for me too much.  Probably because I remember just a couple years ago that MSRP on standard vehicles was $20.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #231 on: September 20, 2010, 03:43 AM »
New images of figures from the next round of Deluxe Figure w/Vehicle sets have surfaced...

Boil and the Tactical Droid
&

I love that Boil ARF Trooper deco...  I'll probably be picking that set up for the AT-RT alone, but I dig the figure a lot.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 20, 2010, 08:27 AM »
But the value isn't really there for me.  I am not opening these and saving the receipts, waiting for a sale with a better price.  Target's price isnt terrible at $16, but when you have $17 and $18 at WM and TRU - that is just tiping the scale for me too much.  Probably because I remember just a couple years ago that MSRP on standard vehicles was $20.

Target here raised them to $17.

They are too much for me. I recall the battle pack with 2 bikes and 2 figures for $20...then $25. Deluxe should be about $13. It's really absurd when TRU is asking $18 to $20 for a STAP or Speeder bike...when on the same aisle there's $25 battle packs with a speeder and 3 figures, and one (from years ago) with 2 STAPS and 3 figures.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #233 on: September 29, 2010, 11:34 PM »
New one out of the blue at BBTS: BARC Speeder with Clone Trooper "Jesse"

« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 11:35 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 29, 2010, 11:49 PM »
Um - okay, I guess.

Looks like he has ball jointed hips which is a good thing - they should have given them to Obi-Wan for the BARC w/Sidecar Deluxe too, but whatever...

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 30, 2010, 01:29 AM »
No doubt an immediate purchase for kids, but a definite "meh" for me. The only thing that attracts me somewhat to this are the ball-jointed hips.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #236 on: September 30, 2010, 02:21 AM »
I liked his deco in the series, but Hasbro's putting out a whole lot of the same in the deluxe veh/figure line so I think they should try to tread cautiously with that stuff.  The kiddies can only get so many before mommy/daddy say no.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 30, 2010, 11:06 AM »
I liked his deco in the series, but Hasbro's putting out a whole lot of the same in the deluxe veh/figure line so I think they should try to tread cautiously with that stuff.  The kiddies can only get so many before mommy/daddy say no.

Yeah, but come on...they named a Clone Trooper after YOU!  ;D You know you need 3 of these at least!

This WAS totally out of the blue. I agree it looks very similar to at least 2-3 other sets, but at least it's not a straight repack. I'm definitely down for one.

I'm just wondering what happened to the AT-RT with Boil. This was supposed to be part of Wave 3 too, but is now conspicuously absent from the BBTS listings.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #238 on: September 30, 2010, 03:52 PM »
Hey, it was long overdue, what can I say? :)  I probably won't be buying though.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 5, 2010, 12:33 AM »
Dang... these are now $19.58 at my local Target. I wouldn't buy them at $16 when they first started, and I definitely won't buy them at $20. :-\ For a mini-vehicle and an action figure, that's overpriced.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"