Author Topic: CW Deluxe Figure & Vehicle Line  (Read 34742 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: CW Deluxe Figure & Vehicle Line
« Reply #225 on: August 18, 2010, 11:46 AM »
Is the Mando on bike set out at retail yet?  That is the only one I haven't seen - and probably will get.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Knight
  • I am now using steroids to enhance my posts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 18, 2010, 11:46 AM »
Is the Mando on bike set out at retail yet?  That is the only one I haven't seen - and probably will get.

People have found this at TRU if I remember correctly.
"A dog doesn't care if you're rich or poor, clever or dull, smart or dumb. Give him your heart and he'll give you his. How many people can you say that about, how many people can make you feel rare?"

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I like big books and I cannot lie
    • View Profile
    • http://darby-harn.blogspot.com/
« Reply #227 on: August 18, 2010, 01:23 PM »
I found mine at Wally World.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #228 on: August 18, 2010, 02:20 PM »
I picked it up yesterday out of boredom. It's ok, the Mano can pass for a skinny real Mando. I think he Pirate Bike set is the best thus far, the figure I great and bike is very interesting.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #229 on: September 4, 2010, 01:34 AM »
I picked up the Mando w/Speederbike at Wal-Mart tonight...  Not shabby, but not the best value either, when compared to other items in this line.  The bike's kind of tiny is all.  I think it's neat, and would really have loved to pick up 3 of these, but only if they were priced lower.  I really find the "Deluxe" line less of a value for some reason.  It feels like it's a buttload of packaging, and just not much toy compared to price.  Maybe it's just this vehicle's smaller size makes me feel that wayt hough because I didn't feel such a gripe in me on the Cad Bane bike.

I passed on Obi's bike with the sidecar, but I may reverse that.  I figure if wave 2 ships much, that bike will be more easily available. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 7, 2010, 09:21 AM »
I also got this yesterday - it was the first time I saw it at retail.  I agree with everything Jesse said above in regards to price and overall value of this deluxe line.  So far I have picked up this set and the Bane set, and I will probably also pick up the Anakin set at some point too. 

But the value isn't really there for me.  I am not opening these and saving the receipts, waiting for a sale with a better price.  Target's price isnt terrible at $16, but when you have $17 and $18 at WM and TRU - that is just tiping the scale for me too much.  Probably because I remember just a couple years ago that MSRP on standard vehicles was $20.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #231 on: September 20, 2010, 03:43 AM »
New images of figures from the next round of Deluxe Figure w/Vehicle sets have surfaced...

Boil and the Tactical Droid
&

I love that Boil ARF Trooper deco...  I'll probably be picking that set up for the AT-RT alone, but I dig the figure a lot.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 20, 2010, 08:27 AM »
But the value isn't really there for me.  I am not opening these and saving the receipts, waiting for a sale with a better price.  Target's price isnt terrible at $16, but when you have $17 and $18 at WM and TRU - that is just tiping the scale for me too much.  Probably because I remember just a couple years ago that MSRP on standard vehicles was $20.

Target here raised them to $17.

They are too much for me. I recall the battle pack with 2 bikes and 2 figures for $20...then $25. Deluxe should be about $13. It's really absurd when TRU is asking $18 to $20 for a STAP or Speeder bike...when on the same aisle there's $25 battle packs with a speeder and 3 figures, and one (from years ago) with 2 STAPS and 3 figures.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • DONT TREAD ON ME
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #233 on: September 29, 2010, 11:34 PM »
New one out of the blue at BBTS: BARC Speeder with Clone Trooper "Jesse"

« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 11:35 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 29, 2010, 11:49 PM »
Um - okay, I guess.

Looks like he has ball jointed hips which is a good thing - they should have given them to Obi-Wan for the BARC w/Sidecar Deluxe too, but whatever...

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 30, 2010, 01:29 AM »
No doubt an immediate purchase for kids, but a definite "meh" for me. The only thing that attracts me somewhat to this are the ball-jointed hips.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #236 on: September 30, 2010, 02:21 AM »
I liked his deco in the series, but Hasbro's putting out a whole lot of the same in the deluxe veh/figure line so I think they should try to tread cautiously with that stuff.  The kiddies can only get so many before mommy/daddy say no.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 30, 2010, 11:06 AM »
I liked his deco in the series, but Hasbro's putting out a whole lot of the same in the deluxe veh/figure line so I think they should try to tread cautiously with that stuff.  The kiddies can only get so many before mommy/daddy say no.

Yeah, but come on...they named a Clone Trooper after YOU!  ;D You know you need 3 of these at least!

This WAS totally out of the blue. I agree it looks very similar to at least 2-3 other sets, but at least it's not a straight repack. I'm definitely down for one.

I'm just wondering what happened to the AT-RT with Boil. This was supposed to be part of Wave 3 too, but is now conspicuously absent from the BBTS listings.
Slice you open like a tauntaun, faster than the Autobahn,
Or a motorbike in Tron, do the deed and then I'm gone.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #238 on: September 30, 2010, 03:52 PM »
Hey, it was long overdue, what can I say? :)  I probably won't be buying though.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 5, 2010, 12:33 AM »
Dang... these are now $19.58 at my local Target. I wouldn't buy them at $16 when they first started, and I definitely won't buy them at $20. :-\ For a mini-vehicle and an action figure, that's overpriced.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"