Author Topic: CW Deluxe Figure & Vehicle Line  (Read 164617 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: CW Deluxe Figure & Vehicle Line
« Reply #240 on: October 5, 2010, 01:17 AM »
Target's dumb about price fluctuations sometimes so I'm hoping this isn't a nationwide thing, but if it is the standard for all retailers, then I'm out as well.

And judging by the looks of things when I'm out, I'd say most people thought the $16-ish price was too much because these deluxe fig/vehicle sets are like fly dirt.  Even the really great ones like Cad Bane and the Mando.  Very easy to find any one of them around me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 5, 2010, 10:08 AM »
I was out from the beginning (mostly) when they started at $16.  I've only bought the Freeco w/Obi & Speeder w/Bane and I still feel a little raped on those purchases, but it's nice to be able to stay away from this line (mostly)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 5, 2010, 12:48 PM »
Yeah, zoinks, if we do see prices consistently around $20, I'm out too.  Like others, I haven't really bought of ton of these either (Freeco w/Obi, Bane w/Speeder, the Mando set, and the Anakin with Naboo ship) - and the ones I did get didn't necessarily feel "worth" $16 even.  If there was more OT stuff in the mix, especially new-ish stuff (or recycled ships from the vintage line) I'd be more interested too, but I can understand the focus on CW.  Many of the ships are pretty cool, but the price is a bit steep.  If they were more in the $10-$12 range (I know, wishful thinking) I think you'd see a lot more sales and even army building in some cases.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 12, 2010, 10:22 PM »
I don't have any of the sets. :( I would love to have bought the Dooku, Cad Bane, and Plo Koon sets, but for $20 I can buy either 2 TVC figures or 3 SL/TCW figures.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 28, 2010, 07:46 PM »
Caved and picked up the Mando w/bike tonight at TRU with the sale.  I don't feel as bad getting raped by only $3 especially since I love the Mando mold.  Might go back and pick up Anakin w/Naboo mini ship....maybe.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 28, 2010, 10:54 PM »
There was a passing reference on Sandtroopers to the new AT-RT with Boil pack being spotted out in California. Anyone confirm that?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #246 on: October 29, 2010, 12:03 AM »
I've heard a couple reports that these new ones surfaced.  No pics though that I've seen.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 29, 2010, 09:06 AM »
I've heard a couple reports that these new ones surfaced.  No pics though that I've seen.

Cool! Any idea what stores? TRU, Target, Walmart, etc?

Also curious if they are releasing all 4 new ones (AT-RT, Freeco Speeder, Armored Scout Tank, BARC Speeder Bike) or splitting them up into 2 waves of 2 each?

Thanks for any info!

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 19, 2010, 07:16 PM »
I know this isn't anything new, but my jaw dropped when I visited Target today and these sets are $20. I hadn't really bothered at looking at the price before... this is just outrageous. You would figure that a TCW figure is roughly $7, so that means the value of the mini-rigs are - what? - $13? I dunno. These linger around in loads in my area, and I really can't see these flying off the shelves quickly.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 19, 2010, 07:51 PM »
They're $11.99 at K-Mart this week if you need 'em...

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 20, 2010, 01:14 AM »
I was at TRU tonight and did a price scan on the Clone in cold weather gear with the Freeco Bike.  $21.99 is what came up on the scanner, which is completely ridiculous.  TRU is well on their way to pricing themselves out of the market.  And if they keep it up they may wind up going the way of KayBee before them.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #251 on: December 20, 2010, 06:14 AM »
I was at TRU tonight and did a price scan on the Clone in cold weather gear with the Freeco Bike.  $21.99 is what came up on the scanner, which is completely ridiculous.  TRU is well on their way to pricing themselves out of the market.  And if they keep it up they may wind up going the way of KayBee before them.

They're pricing truly is out of whack. They had a nice year with the Force Unleashed sets, EU wave and getting Vintage a month and a half before everybody else, but they gotta knock this sith off.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 30, 2010, 03:29 PM »
New one out of the blue at BBTS: BARC Speeder with Clone Trooper "Jesse"

This is now listed as "IN STOCK" at BBTS...if anyone's interested. I'm content to wait it out at retail, but hopefully it will start showing up soon.

I finally bought an opener of the AT-RT w/Boil set and I love it...hope we see more offerings from this arc. (Like that upcoming 2-pack)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 30, 2010, 03:38 PM »
Neat....So its "action feature" is a battle game card ?  ya....that's exciting alright.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 30, 2010, 05:17 PM »
Neat....So its "action feature" is a battle game card ?  ya....that's exciting alright.

"Rolling  Wheels" are the action feature.  :P