Author Topic: CW Deluxe Figure & Vehicle Line  (Read 164605 times)

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: CW Deluxe Figure & Vehicle Line
« Reply #375 on: September 1, 2011, 03:05 PM »
Target won't issue a giftcard over $30-$40 without a receipt (at least in my experience there)  Not sure how they'd give you $80 back when it clearly shows the item was less then $5 if you bring in a receipt.

What you have to do is buy an Attack Shuttle at full price with the same credit card then return the Scout Speeder without the receipt.

(I'm not condoning or condemning this practice in any way. It's your conscience.)

So it's not really getting an extra $75 for the speeder, but rather trading up to the Republic Attack Shuttle? Unless I'm missing something... I can be slow like that...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #376 on: September 1, 2011, 03:06 PM »
You're basically getting $75 for free, and a small vehicle for $5.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #377 on: September 1, 2011, 03:07 PM »
So, from recent discussions around here, let me get this straight:

Buying a $40 box set, swapping out all the figures with PotF2 junk, and returning it is terrible.  But buying a $80 Attack Shuttle and returning a $16 Shuttle that you got for $5 in it's place is totally cool.   ::)

Wow.  Why not just walk into Target and steal $75 worth of stuff while you're at it?
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #378 on: September 1, 2011, 03:11 PM »
Seconded.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 1, 2011, 03:14 PM »
Buying a $40 box set, swapping out all the figures with PotF2 junk, and returning it is terrible.  But buying a $80 Attack Shuttle and returning a $16 Shuttle that you got for $5 in it's place is totally cool.   ::)

Of course it's cool. If you're taking advantage of someone else's error, it's perfectly okay!  :P

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 1, 2011, 03:14 PM »
Wow.  This whole scenario seems patently dishonest.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 1, 2011, 03:20 PM »
Wow.  This whole scenario seems patently dishonest.

It does, but purchasing the Speeders at the clearance price (even though most people knew they should've been $17) was also dishonest. I think Jayson summed it up nicely with "It's your conscience."

Out of curiosity, has anyone found the Y-Wing recently? If yes, is that also ringing up as the Republic Attack Shuttle?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #382 on: September 1, 2011, 03:26 PM »
I don't know if I'd make that comparison as "even", myself...  This is kind of going out of your way to take something you already paid for, buy something else for $80, and then return the thing you'd already bought on the new thing's receipt because there's some kind of clerical error, and you can now return the original item at a greatly inflated price than the $5 you originally paid.

That doesn't totally align with buying something that's mispriced...  When things are mispriced, actually the retailer will honor the mispriced item (at least in every instance I've ever run into) for the most part, even if they caught it when you brought it to the register.  It is a personal choice though, I guess.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 1, 2011, 03:38 PM »
I don't know if I'd make that comparison as "even", myself...  This is kind of going out of your way to take something you already paid for, buy something else for $80, and then return the thing you'd already bought on the new thing's receipt because there's some kind of clerical error, and you can now return the original item at a greatly inflated price than the $5 you originally paid.

That doesn't totally align with buying something that's mispriced...  When things are mispriced, actually the retailer will honor the mispriced item (at least in every instance I've ever run into) for the most part, even if they caught it when you brought it to the register.  It is a personal choice though, I guess.

I didn't say they were "even" in the monetary sense, just that both activities are dishonest. It's a person taking advantage of the store's pricing error. The proper thing to do with the deluxe sets would have been to inform the cashier (or manager) that the actual price was $17, regardless of whether or not the store would honor the lower price.

I hope you don't take this as an attack or judgement, because I'm as guilty as they come. I've bought more than a few things that were mis-priced, and I do acknowledge that it is dishonest when I don't tell the cashier that the price is wrong.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #384 on: September 1, 2011, 06:14 PM »
No Greg, no attack or judgment... 

And I am not arguing it monetarily either...  I'm just saying one is taking advantage of a pricing error, which happens quite often and the retailer honors.  The other is going through a number of steps to intentionally fraud the company of money...  It's going out of your way to do so IMO.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: September 1, 2011, 06:41 PM »
No Greg, no attack or judgment... 

And I am not arguing it monetarily either...  I'm just saying one is taking advantage of a pricing error, which happens quite often and the retailer honors.  The other is going through a number of steps to intentionally fraud the company of money...  It's going out of your way to do so IMO.

I see where you're coming from, but I don't think the number of steps involved dictates how shady or dishonest an activity is. Someone could just exchange a Speeder for a Shuttle, or return the Speeder for a gift card at a Target that does give out $80 gift cards. Less steps, same amount of dishonesty. :P

I don't want to make it sound like Target deserves this, but they did mis-price the item. Twice. They did open themselves up to being taken advantage of, however that doesn't make it right.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #386 on: September 1, 2011, 06:51 PM »
I'm looking at it as something's on the floor mispriced, you buy it, you leave...  Like I said, retailers even honor that...  They eat that kind of mistake.

If you buy something, go back to return it then with the intent to "take advantage", it's just different to me.  I think retailers would look at that as significantly different too.  It's an extra step or more.

For the Scout Speeders, at least for me, it was just me wanting 3 and they were mispriced so I just bought them...  My last one was full price, but I still bought it.  I have it yet, and could try this "trick" to get basically a Rep Shuttle for $17 (and one less Scout Speeder in my collection), but it is those extra steps of going back, buying the shuttle, returning the scout in its place...  Not sure any of these stores are giving the store credit (I thought that wasn't tested, just the "swap" thing).

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 1, 2011, 08:06 PM »

Out of curiosity, has anyone found the Y-Wing recently? If yes, is that also ringing up as the Republic Attack Shuttle?
[/quote]

No, I still can't find the blasted thing. I think I have seen 10 of every other new item, except the droids BP which has also been elusive.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #388 on: September 1, 2011, 09:00 PM »
On the YW thing, Jimree found one yesterday at a Pittsburgh WM, but I've yet to see one in the wild myself.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: September 1, 2011, 10:19 PM »

No, I still can't find the blasted thing. I think I have seen 10 of every other new item, except the droids BP which has also been elusive.

co-sign. I have gotten really sick of looking for both of these things. Every store is so over-saturated with the first waves, I doubt I'll ever see these.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy