Author Topic: CW Deluxe Figure & Vehicle Line  (Read 164649 times)

Offline 501ST

• Jedi Initiate
  • Deus Ex Machina
    • View Profile
Re: CW Deluxe Figure & Vehicle Line
« Reply #405 on: September 16, 2011, 10:31 AM »
Yeah I've been wanting that ATRT for a while now.  Weird that these have sort of drifted out of the thoughts of a lot of folks.

That particular AT-RT has been on retail shelves in Australia in abundance for a while now,got a couple of them less than a mth ago.
A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.

Bob Hope

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #406 on: September 19, 2011, 01:33 PM »
I'm looking forward to it mostly for the obscure looking deco on it.  They look pretty slick behind a Clone display (realistic or otherwise) all parked there.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: November 1, 2011, 03:48 PM »
Any US sightings of these (or the new DVD 2-packs) yet?

« Last Edit: November 1, 2011, 03:48 PM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: November 1, 2011, 10:54 PM »
There was some buzz out of NYCC I believe, that these may be in limbo or scrapped altogether. That seems like a stretch since the tooling, etc is already done and the figures are ready to go. You can still find Scythe and Gearshift on eBay loose.

But no, definitely no domestic sightings yet. Toy Palace has the 2 packs but they are the foreign versions without the actual DVD's.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline darth_sidious

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: November 2, 2011, 10:10 PM »
I've enjoyed this line, but its getting boring - we need a few beasts, like a Blurrg - which has been in multiple seasons of the CW.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #410 on: November 2, 2011, 11:17 PM »
I agree, to an extent, but I'm kind of just getting into their "mini rig" concept here so I'd like to see where this can go.

I'd like to see it expand to include like a mini-command pod type thing, or something like that.  Some re-do's on the original vintage mini-rigs would be neat too.  I think the MLC-3 is outstanding, personally.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline darth_sidious

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: November 3, 2011, 10:29 AM »
I enjoy the mini rig concept as well, but to me it feels like a bunch of the same.  I'd like a little variety, some beasts, OT concepts, maybe even EU concepts - not just CW stuff and endless repaints...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #412 on: November 3, 2011, 02:16 PM »
I agree...  That's why I like the mini rigs a lot, regardless what they're from/based on ultimately.  BARC, AT-RT's, etc., are all kind of boring right now.  Especially the BARC.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: November 3, 2011, 06:22 PM »
I agree...  That's why I like the mini rigs a lot, regardless what they're from/based on ultimately.  BARC, AT-RT's, etc., are all kind of boring right now.  Especially the BARC.

Agreed - I think they really need to give the AT-RT and the BARC a rest for a while.

I'd love to see them update the old Kenner mini-rigs, those were my favorite vehicles to play with when I was a kid. Heck - some of the vehicles - like the Sport Skiff and Endor Forest Ranger, both still hold up and could just be straight-up re-released. I have a couple of each in my Sarlaac and Endor battle displays respectively.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #414 on: November 3, 2011, 09:24 PM »
That's part of the reason that I really liked the mini-Y-wing - great new concept and great nod to the mini-rigs.

While I agree that the BARC and AT-RT have been a bit over used, there have been some nice new sculpts added - the Rebublic Scout thingy and the yet-to-be-released Obi-Wan shuttle (what ever happened to that one? :(), 
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #415 on: November 3, 2011, 10:31 PM »
I agree on those ones Jeff, and they're what keeps me interested right now...  I'm ok with it if it's at least a neat new idea, not just something repainted we already have 30 times over.

Beasties, OT, and even some PT ideas would be nice to see though.  Dip into the EU a little too, and update (or rerelease) some original mini rigs, and I'd still be interested.  I agree with Pete on the Endor Forest Ranger, and like I mentioned above, the MLC-3...  Those two were great.

The CAP is nice too, and a couple others were neat.  I think some new ideas/designs would be nice though, or seeing some small PT ideas like a miniature Command pod ala the one from AOTC but smaller.  I'd be interested in that.

Offline darth_sidious

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: November 4, 2011, 01:11 AM »
One of the problems I see is that collectors / kids might be getting bored with the line in general - I've yet to even see the mini Y-wing because the pegs at every store are loaded with pegwarmers. 

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: November 4, 2011, 09:21 AM »
One of the problems I see is that collectors / kids might be getting bored with the line in general - I've yet to even see the mini Y-wing because the pegs at every store are loaded with pegwarmers.

Yep, I haven't been able to find this either, and like the BARC with Jesse previously, after the initial burst it seems to have stopped shipping. VERY frustrating.

I see 1 of 2 things with the Deluxe sets - either there are none on the pegs or they are overflowing.

The main problem IMO was their unbelievably idiotic decision to repack 4 of the sets from the previous packaging - the Naboo Skiff, Freeco, AT-RT, etc. There was absolutely no need for that. Those things were in abundant supply and did not need to be carried forward. Those are the ones I see pegwarming more than anything.

According to their front page, JTA is preparing some kind of report on the fate of the MIA Walmart exclsuives, so hopefully we'll have more info soon on those sets.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #418 on: November 5, 2011, 09:32 AM »

I actually passed up the mini Y-wing a couple times at Target when that and the Republic speeder w/ ARF were ringing up for less than $5 once I got what I needed. I hope somebody else got it for that price.
I'd welcome a report on those Wal-Mart deluxe exclusives at this point.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline darth_sidious

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: November 5, 2011, 05:09 PM »
Shame you didnt buy them and offer them up to help others - I've never seen a single one, let alone at $5...