Author Topic: CW Deluxe Figure & Vehicle Line  (Read 164660 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: CW Deluxe Figure & Vehicle Line
« Reply #510 on: April 27, 2012, 08:41 PM »
I'd still buy for the vehicle if I saw it, but yeah, I've got this distinct feeling of disinterest too...  I just don't care.  It's very nice, actually.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: April 30, 2012, 12:51 AM »
I really like the Scuba Clone deluxe. I saw it went on sale again over at Target.com and I ordered another four just to be done with it for my collection.

I kinda wish scoring the Imperial Navy Commander was this easy.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #512 on: May 21, 2012, 02:02 PM »
These have hit in Pittsburgh because my local buddies had them at our last meeting... Scuba Clone is surprisingly better than I imagined.  I hope to use one to make a realistic version using his head at least, and then sell the extra other one probably.

The Ani vehicle sucks...  I'm more interested in the "drop ship" one that's coming.  Anakin's is too similar to too many other ideas/designs.

The Scuba Clone's sled is pretty slick though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #513 on: May 21, 2012, 03:05 PM »
For those interested, the Anakin included with the Recon Fighter is a retool of the 2011 figure, not the new (2012) one. This version has a new head, soft goods "skirt" and tabards and the left gauntlet is an all new piece as well.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: May 21, 2012, 04:41 PM »
I'm kind of partial to the Recon Fighter but that's because A) I like the detachable attack shuttle fighter that this is sort of based on, B) I felt lucky this made it out at all after the Boba set got canceled, and C) it's the only new toy I've found since January.

I agree the Anakin sucks mostly, at least the headsculpt, but the ship itself seems ok to me.

I think I'd prefer either of the other 2 sets (suba/dropship) though as openers just because they seem to have more "play" value.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: May 29, 2012, 09:02 PM »
I picked up the Scuba Clone set this evening and not surprisingly, share the sentiment of others I have seen posting online - the paint apps on the clone SUCK. BIG-TIME. It looks like some kind of crude custom, or Turkish bootleg.

I can't see how someone in quality control signed off on this monstrosity in good conscience. It obviously has to be the factory because they all seem to be this way, to varying degrees of suckitude.

The Recon Fighter was better, so I am keeping my fingers crossed for the Dropship set.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: May 31, 2012, 11:25 AM »
FYI, you may have seen/heard that Hasbro put up the Republic Attack Dropship Deluxe Set on their website for order. (http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/new-to-hasbrotoyshop-star-wars-republic-attack-dropship-with-clone-pilot-figure?CD=121&BR=495&ST=NW&PG=1)

BUYERS BEWARE! This is NOT the Attack Dropship, it is a listing for the Scuba Clone set which is clearly pictured. The item # listed is for the scuba set as well. Hasbro simply screwed the pooch and failed to catch their error.

Hope no one gets sucked in by the old bait and switch~

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #518 on: September 21, 2012, 01:28 PM »
Seems like maybe Hasbro's working a little overtime to get items up on the site they know fans will want?

This has been sighted at K-Mart of late, but still, nice to see it may hit their website.  It was one of the only deluxes I was interested in getting this year.

Offline Corman

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gimmie that New Figure Mojo
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: September 21, 2012, 01:49 PM »
Huge thanks for the heads up. Between finding Commander Fox last night and this I think I'm done for the year.

Corman
There is nothing to read all the way down here.  If I had something else to say, I'd a said it in my post.  You may proceed to the next post.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: September 21, 2012, 02:48 PM »
Let's hope it is the actual toy this time and not the Scuba Set they bait-and-switched with a few months back.

I'm happy to see this up there too, it's never appeared here and I check our 2 remaining K-Marts weekly.

You do have to wonder about the whole logic of marketing this stuff online that is supposedly aimed at kids though. If one were to surmise that they're throwing a bone to collectors with these moves, that would imply that they're at least tacitly acknowledging there are actual collectors still into this line.

See the light, Hasbro!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: September 22, 2012, 11:26 AM »
OOS
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: September 28, 2012, 09:22 AM »
Ok, the Dropship is now making its way onto the shelves at Target, according to various store reports around the InterWebz.

Would be curious to hear if any of you other guys spot this out and about in your travels. I'm down for at least two, personally.

We have a good amount of Targets around here too, so fingers crossed. Good hunting!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: September 28, 2012, 02:57 PM »
Found a Dropship this morning at K-Mart.  These are going to be tough to track down with only one per case.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #524 on: October 1, 2012, 10:40 PM »
I found one at Target today as well. If you are an opener, beware of the elbow joints. Unbeknownst to me, the left one on mine was fused and it snapped like a twig right out of the package.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird