Author Topic: CW Deluxe Figure & Vehicle Line  (Read 164651 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: CW Deluxe Figure & Vehicle Line
« Reply #525 on: October 2, 2012, 03:01 AM »
That sucks...  I want to make a realistic pilot out of that figure, but still it sounds like the figure is maybe a little chincy.

The ship's a cool design...  It'd make a slick little "rapid insertion" type vehicle for Commandoes or something.  Kind of like how Little Birds are sometimes used to quickly zip in a couple spec ops guys and zip out.  Small, flying at treetop level, drops 2 dudes off quick like a sniper team or something, and then flies away and hopefully doesn't get detected.  This was one of the cooler looking designs for the "mini-rig" concept IMO.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: October 2, 2012, 11:05 AM »
For you guys that are finding this at Target:

Are these stores that had sold through previously on all their Class I vehicles? Or are you finding a fresh case co-mingled with all the Wave 1 crud still hanging around?

In other words, if my store still has 1-2 of the old ones still on the shelf, am I likely to ever see this? Or do I need to clear out those one still hanging around to have any hope of getting this latest case restocked?

Also, was the grey dot sticker next to the tag for these things?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #527 on: October 2, 2012, 11:09 AM »
No gray dot. My store was sitting on a Maul, OWK, BARC and Battle Droid forever, then BAM, yesterday a wave 3 case.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #528 on: October 2, 2012, 02:33 PM »
Time to hit Target a little more frequently I guess.  :)  I'll have to check this weekend.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: October 2, 2012, 02:48 PM »
Excellent, thanks a lot for that intel! Things just got a lot more interesting...(we have a dozen Targets within my driving radius)

I did see the grey dot at the one near my house today at lunch, so that one gets extra stalkerazzi treatment.  ;)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: October 4, 2012, 06:57 PM »
Hmmm.  I've yet to open up my Republic Drop Ship.  I've seen that frozen joint issue happen before, too.  But I could count on one hand the number of figures that it's happened with for me.  Considering the thousands of figures I've bought and opened, I think those are pretty good odds.  But it definitely sucks when it's a figure like the Republic Attack Drop Ship Pilot, which is just as scarce as the ship itself.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: October 6, 2012, 08:35 AM »
I finally scored my Dropship last night courtesy of Target, and along with the Assault Submarine this is probably the coolest thing they've made this year. The pilot pack-in figure is a joke, but the harness/gun assembly is really neat and the ship itself, implausible as it may be, captures the essence of the mini-rig motif. And it shoots stuff! Which already puts it above stuff like the Wheelbike which is a colossal bore, IMO.

Will probably look for another of these to actually open up. Hopefully I see it more than once, although it's so hard to predict that stuff ahead of time.

Once again though, wtf is up with their case assortments? This thing is 1 per case with the other 3 all being Wave 1 turds. They couldn't see fit to carry forward the Attack Recon Fighter or Assault Submarine? Huh?

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: November 18, 2012, 07:03 PM »
I set up a little "drop" scene today with the Dropship rigs and some clones:

I really love the sci-fi vibe of the ship, and it's easily my favorite mini-rig since the AT-RT. My only gripe is the tiny cockpit. It's a shame that normal sized figures can't pilot the ship. Hopefully Hasbro retools the cockpit for next year's release, or at least scales down the included AOTC Clone Pilot.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: November 19, 2012, 09:29 AM »
SO jealous of you Greg - I had wanted like you have four to open, I have my MIB one, but at this point, I'll be happy with just ONE open...  :(
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #534 on: November 19, 2012, 10:13 AM »
I found a second last night and I agree it's my favorite modern mini rig by far.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: November 19, 2012, 12:33 PM »
Greg's pic convinced me to snag one of these... I had seen one at nearly every store last week on my weekly run but never bit on it. Of course they were all gone today but the last Target I went to had one left, so I bought it. Awesome ship that will look great next to the Yoda mini-fighter coming next year!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #536 on: November 19, 2012, 03:20 PM »
I've still yet to see one.  Doc P is hooking me up with one, but I've never seen this ship and have little hope of seeing it at this point.  My stores are quite overwhelmed with Wave 1.   I only saw that Blue ship with Anakin 2 times even.

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: November 19, 2012, 05:06 PM »
All of my Targets have had the same crappy assortment of movie hero barcs since the spring. I am more than jealous that you guys are seeing these in multiple stores.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: November 20, 2012, 10:11 AM »
I just ordered four Class 1 Republic Attack Dropships from Target.com - glad to have this ship done and out of the way! All I need now are the big vintage vehicle exclusives from Toys R Us and to grab that fourth wave of Movie Heroes that's out in Asia (if it ever hits here)...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #539 on: November 20, 2012, 10:22 AM »
I just ordered four Class 1 Republic Attack Dropships from Target.com -

Thanks for the tip on that.  I was on the fence about needing the CW Dropship, but the great pics in this thread and the fact it was in-stock @ Target.com (5% and free shipping with my red card :)) made it a lot easier for me to finally decide to buy one. 
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender