Author Topic: Boba Fett The Pit of Carkoon  (Read 3041 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Boba Fett The Pit of Carkoon
« on: March 30, 2003, 05:28 PM »
Just picked up this bad Bounty Hunter today. Man is he nice. A very colorful figure. Has 12 points if articulation, push down on his missle on the packpack & he deploys  his blaster rifle in a quick draw action.
I like him.  :)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Re: Boba Fett The Pit of Carkoon
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2003, 05:52 PM »
Looks cool, thanks for posting the pic... Can't say much for your review, you Carded collector, you! I must admit, with distribution being so terrible... I would buy this if I saw it, I'm just plain desperate for something new.  :-\

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #2 on: April 3, 2003, 05:49 PM »
I think it's a very cool figure, but there are some mistakes about it.  Here's my little beefs about this figure, but don't get me wrong... I do love this figure!

1) The barrel on the gun looks way too narrow when you compare it to the one in the movie.

2) There should be black circles painted on the top part of his gloves.

3) His lift wrist unit should be yellow and not red.

4) The rocket projectile included in the package isn't even the same one they show on the back of the package.

I know these are just minor complaints, but for such an awesome character of the movie he should be done perfectly.  Hasbro did one figure of Ephant Mon and they hit it dead-on the first time.  They've made how many different Boba Fett's, and I still have yet to find one that is perfect in comparison to him in the movie.  Maybe I'm being a bit too harsh here, but that's my $0.02.
dustrho

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3 on: April 3, 2003, 05:56 PM »
I know these are just minor complaints, but for such an awesome character of the movie he should be done perfectly... They've made how many different Boba Fett's, and I still have yet to find one that is perfect in comparison to him in the movie.

Not such minor complaints, if you asked me!  Pretty valid complaints as far as I'm concerned.  I think Hasbro missed the mark pretty badly from the pictures I've seen of this Boba so far.  The colors look too bright (not to menion wrong in some places), and he just doesn't have a decent battle-worn look to him.  That rocket just sucks IMO.  I'll hold off on passing further judgement 'til I've got the figure in hand though...   :-X

I'd have to say that the 300th Fett was pretty dead on as far as his ESB likeness goes.  The only drawback to that one, was that it was pretty much a one-pose wonder (and HTF).  I'd LOVE an "ultimate" Boba Fett, but that's a whole different topic...   :(

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 3, 2003, 11:19 PM »
With limited funds, I'll pass on this one :-[
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Mandalorian Madman

• Youngling
  • He's no good to me at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2003, 04:26 AM »
I think it's a very cool figure, but there are some mistakes about it.  Here's my little beefs about this figure, but don't get me wrong... I do love this figure!

2) There should be black circles painted on the top part of his gloves.

3) His lift wrist unit should be yellow and not red.

i didn't think the jedi version had the black circles or yellow gauntlet.  I thought both were red in jedi.

palace

visual guide

the costume for the boba fett stand up has all of that but I think it was changed before esb actually made it out or at least before rotj (notcie the blaster is completey different too as well as the belt webbing)

standup

either way, I hate this figure (loose--he still looks good in the package--and that's coming from a die hard fett fan) mainly because of the one leg articulation and puny missle. would also have liked actual pinned elbow joints.  the action feature really ruins the sculpt for me also (mainly becuase of the misslle) and the fact that you can't really do anything with his arms unless your pressing the missle. 300th is still my fave despite being a one pose wonder

anyway, I may or may not be right. it's very late and I should've gone to bed 2 hours ago.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2003, 04:32 AM by Sonderkommando »
JD

"Open them.  All of them."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2003, 02:32 PM »
Where this Boba Fett didn't measure up, I think a future single carded release will take up the slack.  This one is one of the last action-feature figures.  I think if we get a new basic Boba Fett in '04 or '05, it's probably going to be a fairly articulate, collector oriented version.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2003, 11:49 AM »
This is a figure I will end up buying if I see it.  I know it has obvious flaws but that fire stand thing is too cool for me to pass up.  

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Boba Fett (Sarlacc) Review
« Reply #8 on: July 4, 2003, 03:35 AM »
Lame action feature. Moving onward...

Appearance -
Looks okay... The jet pack looks like **** with that stub, the gloss paint is lame, some of the deco is inaccurate.
7/10

Articluation -
Nope. Action feature makes the arms useless. This is stupid, one leg has knee articulation and the other has ankle articulation. This figure is completely irrational and shows no sign of logic.
2/10

Pose-ability -
Arms are no good thanks to the action feature.
1/10

Accessory -
An inaccurate gun and a glob of flame. Flame is rather creative.
7/10

Overall -
A decent figure for display, as long as all you want is that "ready-gun" pose... I'm happy with it, I guess, but as soon as the Bounty Hunter pack comes and I can get the 300th Fett, this guy is nothing but another so-so dio-figure.

5/10