Author Topic: LEGO Sale  (Read 6752 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Everyone is ignorant, but on different subjects.
    • View Profile
Re: LEGO Sale
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2011, 08:32 AM »
I loved the Knight sets as a kid too.  I had that very first yellow castle that opened up, quickly followed by a gray castle for them to do battle with.  The stuff they have today would have been pretty awesome to have back then.  The set I've had my eye on is that $30 catapult set.  How could would it have been to have 3-4 of those for an invading Lego army?
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. " -Jack Handey

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2011, 08:48 AM »
I still have my original yellow castle and the grey castle sets.  I also still have the seige tower, catapult and jousting arena sets too.  I built them recently with my boys and they really liked them.  I might have to check out the new ones too.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2011, 09:41 AM »
Walked into Kmart last night to check out their clearance sale.  x1 CW Lock for $7.  Anywhoo - all Star Wars, Harry Potter, and City sets were all BOGO 50% off.  Not much of a selection and not sure how long the sale lasts, but I grabbed a couple sets.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2011, 11:05 PM »
I still have my original yellow castle and the grey castle sets.  I also still have the seige tower, catapult and jousting arena sets too.  I built them recently with my boys and they really liked them.  I might have to check out the new ones too.

You know that yellow castle set goes for like $400 on Ebay?  I still have those sets at my mom's house.  I was digging through the tub of my old legos a month ago and decided to look it up.  Next time we're there for a few days, we're going to build it, then sell it.  Cool as the castles are, I'd much rather have a Lego Death Star!
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. " -Jack Handey

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2011, 11:29 PM »
Yeah I have that castle (yellow), the jousting set that went with it, and the pack of knights/cart thing from that same era, all either mint with their complete boxe/packaging, or mint with the box in some worn shape (smaller sets).  The castle is awesome.  Those knights rocked.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Council Member
  • i stay down with my demons
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2011, 12:48 AM »
Coming up this week at TRU - FREE $14.99 Star Wars Battle Pack when you spend $40 on LEGO:

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
Follow me on Twitter - @jedidefender / @jlsmentek

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 1, 2011, 10:04 PM »
I have purchased more Legi sets than I can believe in the past few weeks with all the sales and promos. 

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2011, 03:55 PM »
Got my Shop@home catalog last night and there's a 10% off coupon on the back.  Ironic because I just found my vip card and stamp booklet thingy the other day.  Actually I'm not even really sure what the vip card is good for...sure sounds important though.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2011, 06:44 AM »
Got my Shop@home catalog last night and there's a 10% off coupon on the back.  Ironic because I just found my vip card and stamp booklet thingy the other day.  Actually I'm not even really sure what the vip card is good for...sure sounds important though.

VIP card gets you points if you shop at a Lego store or at lego.com.  It is your basic rewards plan that gives you coupons for every dollar spent.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2011, 12:29 PM »
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0044S1O2C/ref=ox_ya_os_product

UCS LEGOŽ Star Wars Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter (10215) $69.99... Guess it was $49 yesterday.  I scoped out the lightning deals yesterday morning, but I figured this was a 12" Obi-Wan figure for some reason.  Oh well.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 12:33 PM by iFett »

Offline solrac

• Jedi Initiate
  • fett-ish
    • View Profile
    • bounties
« Reply #55 on: December 27, 2011, 05:18 PM »
Walmart after x-mas sale.The Advent calender $ 20.00 and the series 5 bagged mini figures on sale for $1.50.
He's no good to me open

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 27, 2011, 05:54 PM »
series 5 bagged mini figures on sale for $1.50.

Wow, that is a sweet deal for minifigs!

The Legoland store has the advent calendars for 50% off as well ($19.98).

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Knight
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 28, 2011, 08:01 PM »
Got the Advent Calendar for $19.97 at Wal-Mart today. Sadly no Minifigs, as they were REALLY picked over. Only other SW set on sale was the Geonosian Fighter, down to $25

Offline solrac

• Jedi Initiate
  • fett-ish
    • View Profile
    • bounties
« Reply #58 on: August 5, 2012, 07:43 PM »
At the local Walmart the X-wing is $30.00  :o  and a few of the LEGO city small box sets are $5.00 and one at $3.00, also the new Monsters swamp creature is also $5.00
He's no good to me open

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 5, 2012, 08:23 PM »
Found a freak WM that had all their LOTR stuff on clearance and most of their mid size to larger SW sets yesterday.  New SW sets look nice...but pricey of course.  WM still sucks though.