Author Topic: LEGO Sale  (Read 6743 times)

Online iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: LEGO Sale
« Reply #60 on: September 30, 2012, 09:07 AM »
Buy1Get1 40% off at tru this week.  Not entirely sure that's a great deal considering their prices, but hey... + some free vintage minifig 5 pack with any $60 purchase...i bet those go quick.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #61 on: October 8, 2012, 12:04 AM »
Target has all SW sets on sale this week...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #62 on: October 8, 2012, 12:20 PM »
May have to nab that Sandtrooper set finally.  I keep walking away.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Knight
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 8, 2012, 11:57 PM »
It appears to be a 20% off sale. I'll try and grab the Skiff and the TIE Fighter.

I keep holding off on LEGOs though, hoping for a LEGO website sale so I can rack up some VIP points

Online iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 9, 2012, 09:30 AM »
Pretty sure Amazon is matching the sale with no tax (in some states still) and free shipping.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
    • Vitamin
« Reply #65 on: November 21, 2012, 02:44 PM »
So I sort of stopped buying Lego stuff about 3 and a half years ago, but recently decided to try to get (reasonably) caught up on the OT stuff that I'm missing... of course, the longer you get from when something stops being on store shelves, the more expensive it seems to get.

Does anyone have any suggestions for getting reasonable deals on older sets?  Maybe a forum with a buy/sell/trade for Star Wars lego (or lego in general)...  I know there's eBay... I've been checking Amazon and have found some pretty good deals there.  And I know you can generally do better buying open sets rather than sealed ones.

Just wondering if there was any other places worth looking I guess.

Online iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 21, 2012, 03:05 PM »
I don't really go too much but this is a good place from what I hear.  Pretty active community..

http://www.bricklink.com/

Also there's some nice deals on craigslist from time to time if you're okay with those kinda things...

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Everyone is ignorant, but on different subjects.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 21, 2012, 05:12 PM »
I ended up ordering the Death Star for my son direct from Lego.  They have 10% off and free shipping over $150, and included an exclusive holiday skating and horse carriage set as well.  I got 400the points for future purchases and Discover had 5%to off online purchases, so a pretty good deal overall.
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. " -Jack Handey

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
    • Vitamin
« Reply #68 on: November 21, 2012, 05:52 PM »
Thanks.  I'll look into that forum.

Justin, the last thing I ordered direct from Lego was the Sandcrawler - so it's been awhile, but that's another good idea, especially if they have 10% off.  I waltzed over to the Lego store today just to get my head wrapped around which items I skipped are in stores now and what is already long gone.  I thought that Death Star used to be $299, now it's $399? 

I was shocked at some of the prices these sets are going for nowadays - especially in the box.  It's got me thinking that if I ever plan on getting caught up, it's best not to wait any longer.

I ordered the UCS Imperial Shuttle and B-Wing today from Amazon for $229 and $149 respectively.  With no tax and free shipping, it seemed like as good a deal as I could find.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 08:50 PM by Rob »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Everyone is ignorant, but on different subjects.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 22, 2012, 12:29 AM »
Rob - are you a Lego VIP member?  If you're planning to buy online or at Legoland, that's a great way to save some money.  Everything you buy direct gets you points, which are redemable for cash off future sets.  They have periodic specials like double points as well. 

If you're looking for current sets, I would hold out for some of the TRU sales.  They often have buy one get one 50% off.  Even if the set is priced a little higher than other stores, that usually nets some nice savings if you're buying two big sets.  Good luck - hope you can find some good deals!
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. " -Jack Handey

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Knight
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 22, 2012, 07:13 PM »
LEGO VIP is an AWESOME deal, as every dollar you spend gains you a point, and for every 100 points you get you get a $5 off coupon you can use whenever. The only negative is that you're limited to buying from LEGO's website or LEGO Stores, and they don't put much on sale like brick and mortar stores do. But the points add up quick. I bought the UCS R2-D2 in May and that was almost $200, and with some Marvel stuff I bought, I have $10 waiting to be used.

As for getting old sets, it's tough, because once a set goes out of production it's pretty much gone forever and if you missed out, prepare to pay a bundle. So you're pretty much SOL on those.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
    • Vitamin
« Reply #71 on: November 25, 2012, 11:48 AM »
Thanks guys.  I'll look into that too.  I checked Walmart, Target, and TRU this weekend just to get a feel of what's going on and what the prices are like... the TRU I went into was much more expensive than the other stores.  I was surprised by how much variation I found.  Sets that were $12.99 on Amazon were $16.49 at TRU... things like the Skiff that is $19.97 on Amazon, was $24.99 at Target, and $32 at TRU.  I bought the TIE Fighter at Walmart for $34.99 - it's $59.99 on TRU's their website and that's Amazon's price too).

So yeah, I'm surprised by the extreme variation here.  Maybe I stumbled into sales for the big shopping holiday?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 11:59 AM by Rob »

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 25, 2012, 01:18 PM »
TRU always mark their prices on Lego above MSRP.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Knight
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 4, 2012, 12:40 PM »
TIE Fighter on sale for $34.99 at Target and Wal-Mart this week... of course every store is sold out here. ::)

Online iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 4, 2012, 01:17 PM »
Target has it in stock online...should still be free shipping and 5% off with your redcard (if you have one)