Author Topic: 2009 DVD Releases Thread  (Read 9428 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: 2009 DVD Releases Thread
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2009, 12:31 PM »
Picked up the Iron Giant for $5 at WM over the weekend and scored GI Joe Season 1.1 today.   8)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2009, 05:59 AM »
I picked up G.I. Joe season 1.1 yesterday as well.  I figured $16.99 at Target this week wasn't too bad of a price, although many of the episodes already came out on the DVD/figure packs that we got over the past year.  I have to say, although some of it is dated/cheezy, I kind of enjoy watching these old Joe/Transformer cartoons while I hit the treadmill in the mornings.  It is funny how many of them are still familiar after all these years, once you get into them.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2009, 12:38 AM »
Picked up the Iron Giant for $5 at WM over the weekend and scored GI Joe Season 1.1 today.   8)
Iron Giant is one of the greatest movies of all time IMO

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2009, 02:51 PM »
I plan on picking up the Watchmen BluRay tomorrow. I haven't bought a movie (BD or DVD) since Gran Torino was released, but Watchmen is a great film to break that dry spell. I haven't really been following all of the included features but I'm looking forward to seeing the added footage.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2009, 01:31 AM »
I'll be picking this up this week as well.  Definitely looking forward to watching it again and with the added footage on the Director's Cut.

I know Best Buy has some special packaging, any other good deals or cool bonus items coming out for this release?

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2009, 11:44 AM »
I picked it up today. I'm not sure of any specials/package variations. I got mine from Target and it had a 3-D slipcase. Inside the case was a pamphlet advertising the Ultimate Edition, coming in December, with the Black Freighter and Hollis Mason stuff mixed in with the movie. I kinda wish I'd held off from getting it today.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2009, 12:04 PM »
I picked it up today. I'm not sure of any specials/package variations. I got mine from Target and it had a 3-D slipcase. Inside the case was a pamphlet advertising the Ultimate Edition, coming in December, with the Black Freighter and Hollis Mason stuff mixed in with the movie. I kinda wish I'd held off from getting it today.

Thanks for the information.  For that reason, I will not be picking this up today.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2009, 12:14 PM »
Inside the case was a pamphlet advertising the Ultimate Edition, coming in December, with the Black Freighter and Hollis Mason stuff mixed in with the movie. I kinda wish I'd held off from getting it today.

Thanks for the information.  For that reason, I will not be picking this up today.

Good point.  I was going to pick it up today, but it doesn't really make any sense.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2009, 12:51 PM »
I'm waiting till December, get it all in one bundle.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2009, 12:53 PM »
I already bought the Black Freighter DVD so I'm just going to get the Director's cut this time. I didn't know they were going to do another edition before i started looking into the release for this week.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 2, 2009, 01:34 PM »
I picked up Braveheart and Gladiator on Blu-ray yesterday.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 2, 2009, 02:13 PM »
I picked up Braveheart and Gladiator on Blu-ray yesterday.

Same here, grabbed State of Play too.  The Gladiator/Braveheart thing was great between the buy-both-get-$10-off thing, and then the $10.00 back by mail on each for existing DVD owners.  By the time I get those rebates, and sell my existing copies I'll end up having paid about $10 for the pair.

****, I sound like Cory.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 2, 2009, 09:42 PM »
The Gladiator/Braveheart thing was great between the buy-both-get-$10-off thing, and then the $10.00 back by mail on each for existing DVD owners.  By the time I get those rebates, and sell my existing copies I'll end up having paid about $10 for the pair.

I did the same thing.  I just mailed out the rebates tonight.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2009, 06:54 PM »
Picked up Family Guy: Volume 7 at Target yesterday for $18.99.  Totally forgot about this one.  Kinda nice how they shrunk down the packaging on a lot of the newer season sets.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 3, 2009, 09:09 PM »
For me this week...

24: Day 7
GI Joe Resolute
GI Joe 1.2
Simpsons Season 12