Author Topic: Wedge Antilles' Red Two X-Wing Starfighter  (Read 86384 times)

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Wedge Antilles' Red Two X-Wing Starfighter
« Reply #60 on: May 6, 2009, 09:35 AM »
Ok folks will do. I'll keep watch of this thread once these start showing up in stores. Then I'll send out trade PMs accordingly. Thanks for the quick response. It helped me make up my mind about getting duplicates.

For me this works out fairly nice. All I need do is airbrush however many extra stripes I want on the wings to make the other designated X-wings.

I figure I might as well get some extra X-wings now because they just aren't going to be cheaper in the future. A little airbrush now will save me a lot later.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 6, 2009, 10:21 AM »
After my first set, I'm going to want another Wedge to make a snowspeeder version. If this is a Target exclusive, I won't mind buying a second set just for that - once it hits clearance.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #62 on: May 6, 2009, 07:53 PM »
I am also just looking for the figures if anyone wants the ship.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 6, 2009, 08:15 PM »
I'm not digging why Hasbro is putting animated clones on OT stuff, but whatever. 

Question - how much are you guys willing to sell your spare X-Wing for anyways?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #64 on: May 7, 2009, 01:58 AM »
I'll be willing to sell mine for half if the set is $50 I think.  I just want the figures and the ladders...  My scale obsession wont' let me keep the X-wing despite it looking pretty sharp actually.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 7, 2009, 10:19 PM »
It seems like someone can make a killing selling casted ladders from this set. Hmmm. ;)
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Hobbie

• Jedi Initiate
  • Astromechs never pegwarm.
    • View Profile
    • Star Wars Astromechs
« Reply #66 on: May 12, 2009, 05:59 PM »
I was just squinting at the fine print on the back of the box that lists all the features, and am I correct in seeing the words "optional Rogue Squadron markings included" pointing to a bunch of TIE fighter and 2 Death Star kill markings?  That's pretty cool!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #67 on: May 12, 2009, 06:05 PM »
I was just squinting at the fine print on the back of the box that lists all the features, and am I correct in seeing the words "optional Rogue Squadron markings included" pointing to a bunch of TIE fighter and 2 Death Star kill markings?  That's pretty cool!

Yep, good eye.  8)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 12, 2009, 06:50 PM »

That's really cool. Just the Death Star kills may sell it to me now.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 13, 2009, 12:00 AM »

That's really cool. Just the Death Star kills may sell it to me now.

Wedge should only need 1 Death Star kill sticker, even a half one at that (unless Wedge destroyed a third DS in EU that I'm unaware of). But, it is cool that they are offering those Rogue Squadron kill marks.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #70 on: May 13, 2009, 12:03 AM »
I think Wedge has two, due to surviving the first assault...  which technically counted as an assist since he was in the trench and slowed the assault by the TIE's on Biggs and Luke.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #71 on: May 13, 2009, 03:21 AM »
Maybe (hopefully) they are also meaning that it is going to come with the Rogue Squadron crest?  Which is 12 X-Wings and a blue Rebel logo, IIRC.
"This is the way."

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 13, 2009, 08:18 AM »
I think Wedge has two, due to surviving the first assault...  which technically counted as an assist since he was in the trench and slowed the assault by the TIE's on Biggs and Luke.

Yeah, I think being involved and surviving these two "suicide" missions means he deserves two.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 13, 2009, 10:34 AM »
The alternate stickers are very cool. It would make picking up a second set less painful.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 13, 2009, 12:50 PM »
What is up with that astromech?  That is not the droid Wedge used at Yavin *or* Endor!  How freaking lame is that?  Does Hasbro even bother to watch the movies anymore when designing this stuff?

I did some looking, and found it very difficult to make out Wedge's ANH droid.  The Angelfire site has some pics that seem to show R3-T2's all-red dome.  This is apparently the same droid from Mos Eisley.  Is that right?

Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke