Author Topic: Wedge Antilles' Red Two X-Wing Starfighter  (Read 86380 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Wedge Antilles' Red Two X-Wing Starfighter
« Reply #120 on: September 8, 2009, 10:35 AM »
I picked this up Yesterday. I'm a tad disappointed with the paint job, but the up side is that there will be less sunlight fading on the lack of stickers.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #121 on: September 8, 2009, 11:42 AM »
Hit up Target yesterday, no sign of it.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #122 on: September 8, 2009, 03:56 PM »
I picked this up Yesterday. I'm a tad disappointed with the paint job, but the up side is that there will be less sunlight fading on the lack of stickers.

Yeah, while not terrible the way it's molded makes it look very shiny & plasticy. (Yes, I know it's made of plastic but a little mold texture goes a long way)
The TRU Red Leader X-Wing is nicer in terms of deco but this is still worth it. I rather have more X-Wings than Jedi Starfighters....I am so sick of those.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #123 on: September 8, 2009, 10:18 PM »
Does ANYONE want the X-Wing for their myriad of XW Pilots or to customize?  I'm going to have the ship for sale.  I want the figures, but not the X-Wing.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #124 on: September 9, 2009, 01:05 PM »
At select Target stores (and Target.com), the Wedge X-Wing is on sale for $45.99, but it's an unadvertised sale in the stores (meaning you'd have to scan it to see if your store has it on sale).

If you apply a Clone Cash coupon, you can bring the price down to $40.99 plus tax.  Not 'cheap', but a lot better than $50.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 9, 2009, 09:51 PM »
After spending far too much money on something other than toys today (namely the Beatles remasters) at Target, I wound up with 20 bucks worth of gift cards that I plan on using on the X-Wing when it finally shows up around here.  I don't really need another X-Wing, but given the fact that the stickers all over my 1998 FX X-Wing are starting to peel a little, I'd like a non-swamp gunk covered X-Wing to display. 

Question, though:  are the stripes and details painted on (as with the Dagobah X-Wing) or are they pre-applied stickers? 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #126 on: September 10, 2009, 12:45 AM »
I thought Wedge's ship was painted, but I don't own it so don't quote me.

It's a significantly different paintjob too, IMO. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 10, 2009, 10:16 AM »
They are painted. The only stickers are "kill" markings.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #128 on: September 10, 2009, 11:40 AM »
Any one buy this just for the ship and ladder, i will happily take the figures.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 10, 2009, 03:24 PM »
I just want the figures and ladder also.  Maybe I will just buy it and sell off the X-Wing to.   

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 10, 2009, 04:52 PM »
I'd like to have the whole set, but I won't justify the price. I've heard between $60-70. No way. My ceiling is being hit now on a regular basis by Hasbro for how high I'll send on a given item. For me it's more on principle than affordability.  I "could" buy the stuff, but I CHOOSE not to. Big difference.

Hopefully I'll find this on clearance or a con/eBay sometime down the road.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #131 on: September 10, 2009, 04:59 PM »
I've heard between $60-70.

Between $60-70?  Huh?   ???
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 10, 2009, 05:16 PM »
I've heard between $60-70.

Between $60-70?  Huh?   ???

I sure am glad I save $20 on mine and my computer let's me read more than just one page on jd.  ;)
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 11, 2009, 10:28 AM »
You can get it for $46 at Target this week. It's normally $50.

I noticed 4 disappear overnight at a local Target. A bit odd.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 10:30 AM by Darth_Anton »

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 13, 2009, 02:00 PM »
I noticed 4 disappear overnight at a local Target. A bit odd.

Whenever my Target has a sale on anything in the toy aisle, the amount of stock seems to suddenly either drop by 2/3 or vanish completely until the sale is over, at which point everything reappears.  While I am willing to concede that some stock vanishes rather quickly if the sale price is significantly less than the regular price, I highly doubt that tons of Desert Tracker Ratchets disappeared on the first day of the Voyager class sale only to reappear the day after the sale is over.   :P

(Sorry to veer off into Transformers talk for a second, but it was the easiest and most recent toy that I could point to where this had happened locally)

Anyway, I picked up one of the 3 Wedge X-Wings at my local Target yesterday, and got it for the slightly decreased price of 46 bucks, which decreased even further when I used the 20 dollars worth of Beatles gift cards at checkout.  26 bucks plus tax isn't bad for this. :)

Two questions, though:

1-Is the yellow ladder supposed to connect to something on the side of the ship?  There are small slots on the back of the ladder, but no corresponding pegs added to the ship mold that I can find to secure it.  Since the side of the X-Wing at the cockpit where the ladder should theoretically go is angled with no real "ledge" to rest it against, I can't figure out a way to display it with Wedge climbing the ladder, as it falls right over.

2-Is everyone else's pilot seat assembled incorrectly?  I know that the photo on the box has it assembled incorrectly (and thus has Wedge's head hanging out in the cargo area), but the incorrect assembly on the actual toy is really bothering me.  Sure, Wedge can sit up just fine with it in the incorrect position, but it's the principle of it all that irks me.  The really irritating thing is that it does look like I can fix it without taking the entire ship apart, as the hinge tabs seem to be really long and might break should I force the issue.

Also, if anyone wants the "kill marking" labels, PM me.  I don't really get into the post-ROTJ EU stuff, so even though there's a film-based reason for the kill marks, I have no need for them myself.