Author Topic: Walmart CW Octuptarra Droid  (Read 29839 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: Octuparra
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2009, 05:20 AM »
There's nothing worse than a big limp Star Wars toy.

I can think of at least 1 thing.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2009, 05:22 AM »
I'm pretty sure that's a AAA battery guys, making the toy 12-15% smaller than it would be if it were a AA.

It's not like I can pick it up anyway, after the 10 tank droids I'm getting.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 05:22 AM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Hobbie

• Jedi Initiate
  • Astromechs never pegwarm.
    • View Profile
    • Star Wars Astromechs
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2009, 01:44 PM »
I'm pretty sure that's a AAA battery guys, making the toy 12-15% smaller than it would be if it were a AA.

It's not like I can pick it up anyway, after the 10 tank droids I'm getting.

It's nice they'd put something in there for reference, but why a AAA battery?  They're way more rare than AA, and since they look the same if you don't know the scale, why bother?  Just stick a quarter or dollar bill in there, or even *gasp* a ruler!

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2009, 12:00 PM »
Okay, I've made the determination that it's an AA battery and not the smaller AAA version. How you say? By looking up pictures on these two sizes of Duracell specific batteries, I've found the that text "Duracell" on the AA battery matches, while the AAA text is smaller and does not go as close to the "negative" side of the battery.

Now since we know that AA batteries are 1.98 inches in height, we can reasonably extrapolate the size of this new tri-droid.

See the pic here for the size. I used the vanishing point tool in Photoshop to do this. It's a rough estimate. I think this toy is about 28-30 tall!

Mind you this is not with the legs fully extended and two of the legs are on a lower plane. Still 28-30 inches is HUGE. I'd be ecstatic if this was a $20 toy. THough I think it's going to be more in the $30-40 range. Price will dictate my buying multiple. I only want up to 3 of them. If they are $20 I'll get three, if $30 I'll get two, if $40+, then it's only one for me.

And yes, I'm a proud graphics and math nerd! (even if slightly inaccurate....lol)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 12:05 PM by jedi_master_sal »
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Hobbie

• Jedi Initiate
  • Astromechs never pegwarm.
    • View Profile
    • Star Wars Astromechs
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2009, 12:37 PM »
Wow, impressive work!  I'm liking this thing more and more each time I look at it.  I don't think it will fit in the box for the $20 assortment, since that line has a size determinate as well.  Maybe in a new $30 range with the upcoming retooled TIE?

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2009, 12:47 PM »
It could fit in a $20 box. The legs do fold up nicely and would no doubts be detached from it to fit better in the box.

Thanks for the kudos.

I'm expecting this to be a $30 toy (or less). I really hope not more.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2009, 10:23 AM »
Huge! Cool.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2009, 01:24 PM »
I like that Hasbro is trying to tackle things like the Octuptarra droid.  The main body is small enough to fit in the starfighter assortment box.  And those legs will fold up nicely.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: CW Octuparra Droid
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2009, 10:00 PM »
Looks like this is going to be a Walmart exclusive...  box front and box back images from Yakface.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Walmart CW Octuptarra Droid
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2009, 10:38 PM »
Exclusive, huh?  That's kind of a surprise.  Especially considering it's an all-new Clone Wars mold.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2009, 12:45 PM »
MMM, I'm itching to get some of these. I wonder how much they will cost though. I want 4, however cost WILL DIRECTLY impact how many I buy.

I'm only going to spend $80 on these. So however many that gets me for that money is how many I'll own. So if $20 then 4, if $30 then 2 (maybe three...), if $40 then 2. I"m not accounting for tax in this, just the base price.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2009, 12:17 PM »
Exclusive, huh?  That's kind of a surprise.  Especially considering it's an all-new Clone Wars mold.

Yeah, it has been surprising to me too seeing these new or new-ish vehicles, beasts, etc. becoming exclusives.  We've got this headed to WM, as well as the apparent new Dewback/Sandtrooper set, plus we've had some things rumored (like the new AT-ST) that are supposed to be exclusives as well.  It used to be that the vehicles were just repainted versions of something we already had (often making it easier to pass on), but if we're going to be seeing all-new stuff as exclusives now, it could make it more difficult (especially with WM getting so many of these exclusives).

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2009, 08:47 PM »
I'm thinking that if the exclusive product is new, higher quantities might be ordered, and therefore they will be easier to find.  Most exclusives have a bit of a ho-hum element to them because they are mostly recycled product.  I think this is an interesting way to create consumer interest.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2009, 11:00 AM »
Geeze. How many exclusives is WM getting? Stinks with how inconsistent mine are getting exclusives.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 1, 2009, 09:33 AM »
Did anyone else hear/read any body else saying this was found?
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within