Community > Other Toy Lines

Buffy / Angel Figure Lines Cancelled

(1/3) > >>

Darby:
http://www.mooreforum.com/MForum2/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=10&Topic=4752

Anyone else UPSET?  I don't know whether to be angry or elated.  MAC has mismanaged this license so poorly that cancelling it may be seen as a mercy killing.  A cursory glance of their forums will show you they never encountered the words 'public' and 'relations' in the same sentence.  I'm upset that the Willow figures I've been looking forward to are doomed.  And Tara, and Anya, and...

I really hope someone else picks up this license when it expires, and does this property justice.

Ben:
I was thinking about picking up this line. Maybe Art Asylum will pick it up and actually get the figures out to people. I, for one, have never even seen one of these, except for pictures on ebay.
But I kind of doubt it, because the show isn't having any new episodes made and it isn't exactly up to Star Trek's popularity.

Morgbug:
McFarlane?  Then you might get a sort of nasty line out of it, good or bad.  

I never collected the line myself, distribution up here was worse than crappy.  I did expect it to die with the end of the buffy series.  I kind of halfway expect to see Angel cancelled around mid-season next year.  It was a pretty good run though.   :'(

proudfather2:
This news doesn't bother me in the least. When they first came out I managed to ultimately aquire the first set (still see 'em at TRU) but haven't seen a single figure at retail after that first series! And not for lack of trying either. Too bad really, I had all that cash burning a hole in my pocket for so long. Sounds like the last six months with SW crap. :-X

MetalJedi:
I collected the first series of figures, but after that it was too difficult to obtain them.

I still want the "Darth Rosenburg" Willow figure I saw pictures of.

I see this as an opportunity for somoene else to pick up the line and start from scratch.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version